3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Question about a new topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about a new topic   Question about a new topic EmptyTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:01 pm

Well said KahunaLou & pf337 !

My 2c worth couldnt be better worded... hehe

Stay healthy & be happy always
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Question about a new topic   Question about a new topic EmptyTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:34 am

pf377, you are spot on. It was, indeed, a business advertisement and I removed the post. I also notified Hayley about the same post in the Welcome section asking her to remove it (in addition to being an advertisement, I do not care for posts on the same topic posted in multiple places. I'd much rather see a main thread, then a referral to that thread if it warrants it, but I think the vast majority of members looks at "Posts since your last visit" and will see new items.

In the other forum that I moderate (an RV forum), commercial posters are definitely not welcome and the administrator, at times, has had to resort to banning IP addresses as well as spoofed user names to prevent them from posting.

We haven't had to do that here yet, but if this forum ultimately takes off the way I think it will, Hayley will definitely have a job to keep these kinds of posts and spammers out. We do have a section in the forum for our members to share their hobby business items (Sell, Swap, Give Away) but again, this is for our members and not commercial interests.

So, for any forum that I moderate, if you feel that the post is any way out of line, please feel free to notify me by clicking on the notify moderator or dropping me a message and I'll take appropriate action including replying if the inquiry warrants a clarification.
Back to top Go down
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Question about a new topic   Question about a new topic EmptyTue 14 Jul 2009, 1:31 am

If you look under north america, you will find a new post today. I think it is a business advertisment. I do not think this would be a good idea for our support group to start something like that. I have never seen or spoken in person to anyone on this site but I feel like I have made several friends. I love that we have each others best interest at heart (like best friends do) and business does not need to be a part of a friendship. maybe i am crossing a line and others may think this ok and that is ok with me. Just want to let everyone know and i will never post regarding this subject again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about a new topic   Question about a new topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about a new topic
Page 1 of 1