Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mariat
mariat

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 12:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

HI
Please someone help and advise me.

I have been accepted for obesity surgery - band or sleeve yet to be decided.

However this surgery is in Brno via a UK company and as much as I am reassured by them that this will be fine, Im a little worried about the financial side of it.
I need to pay in full a month before travel -what if I do this and get to the airport and no one is there - what if its a scam ?

I would have it in the UK but personally the aftercare isnt great, and its very expensive.

Has anyone else done this or had the same doubts ?

Please let me know your honest comments.
Thank you
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
allieswans
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 1:10 am

Im curious whats the difference in costs from teh UK to Cosmetic Bliss
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 8:47 pm

Hi Mariat
Being a "canny scot" I looked into all the options as I found the prices in the UK astronomical! Then I got scared - no aftercare, what if it leaked, blah blah so bit the bullet and decided to spend the money and have it done at home. Know a couple of people who have had bands and bypasses done in Belgium successfully but you weren't saving that much. My op is booked for 30th July so good luck with your decsion.

Moolie
Back to top Go down
mariat
mariat

Female

PostSubject: thanks.   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:41 pm

thank you rice cake and deb.

its a hard one.... after spending over a year plucking up the courage to do it, im so confused. Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 697586

has anyone else used "Cosmetic Bliss UK" ?

Thanks again for your support x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:26 pm

mariat wrote:
HI

However this surgery is in Brno via a UK company and as much as I am reassured by them that this will be fine, Im a little worried about the financial side of it.
I need to pay in full a month before travel -what if I do this and get to the airport and no one is there - what if its a scam ?

I would have it in the UK but personally the aftercare isnt great, and its very expensive.

Thank you

It's not uncommon for people from UK to go to Europe for surgery however, do you have a back-up plan should you get back to UK and need medical treatment if you became unwell? You need to probably find your local NHS hospital that does obesity surgery so if something happens you can go there and request copies of stuff before you leave Brno so you have medical notes.

As for it being a scam, well only you can make the decsion to go ahead. I am not sure of any UK websites that can help. There are a number of foruyms though, one that vaguely comes to mind is female or somethign like that. I worked in UK for a year at an NHS hospital so I do understand the predicament you are in..
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 1:07 pm

Hi mariat,

I do sympathise with your predicament.
I was sleeved by a Western Australian Surgeon in a Wesern Australian hospital so can't really give any advice.
Have you Googled the company that is offering the surgery? Any feedback there?
Good luck with your decision making.
Back to top Go down
mariat
mariat

Female

PostSubject: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 12:54 pm

HI

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3