Finally, April 1st

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kexster

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-11-13

Finally, April 1st Empty
PostSubject: opti dropping weight preop   Finally, April 1st EmptyMon 21 Mar 2016, 12:10 am

Well I didn't think I would drop much weight at all  but since going on opti  for 3 meals a day on Friday, going to Perth ( eating the healthiest Hans meal on saturday night that I could find and then back to opti full time I seem to have lost just over 2kgs.  11 days now until surgery. Must keep my water up! That is my biggest downfall. Discovered the choc dessert takes rather nice with coffee added.  Up until now I've mostly had the coffee shakes and bars as my preference( since January) with occasional  banana or lemon dessert but the choc dessert is now my 3rd favourite.

I'm getting prepared though.  Bought a few chewable vitamins while in Perth on the weekend. Have ordered some sipper bottles( hope they come today), and some heat pack stickons, bought some cuppa soups, stuff to add to water, tape measure, lip balm for hospital. Books accommodation, planning out what clothing, electronics  to take as I may be in Perth for a while afterwards without transport and by myself.
Dietician appointment in Perth tomorrow so I wonder what she will tell me I need. I've sussed out iron melts and b12 spray so know where to buy that if I need to. Will get some hydralyte lemonade blocks today while I'm out if I can find them as I'm off inland to collect our dog from kennels.
Back to top Go down
kexster

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-11-13

Finally, April 1st Empty
PostSubject: Finally, April 1st   Finally, April 1st EmptySun 13 Mar 2016, 5:36 am

Yes, after a good few years and watching others who were either switched to Joondalup hospital in Perth or were new referrals get sleeved before me it is finally my turn.  I have a sleeve date. I am due for sleeving on April 1st at Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital in Perth  with Jeremy Tan. Let's hope that I don't become an April fool and have my date postponed as some others have in the past.  It's felt like forever and now that it is close I'm getting a little scared but still very much ready to begin this new chapter in my life.
 I'm in the country so intend to travel up by train to Perth and stay within walking distance of the hospital before my operation and then I've booked 5 nights from day 3 onwards  in Airbnb accommodation in Perth for afterwards. if need be this can be changed as I only have to give 24 hours notice.  My husband will travel up the day before  I'm ready to go home so we can travel back together.  I am a bit concerned that they won't let me leave the hospital in a taxi unaccompanied but I guess I will have to wait until my pre-op appointment the day before the operation to find out. I might have to call on family to collect me if that is the case.  I have my dietitian appointment on march 22nd. 10 days before my op so perhaps I might find out then but I doubt it.  At my last appointment I was told I would be put on opti for the 2 weeks before my operation but as I won't see anyone until 10 days before I will put myself on it anyway. A bit of a shame as husband and our boys and I have a weekend in Perth to visit family etc from day 14-12 pre-op.  However I've already been having opti for two meals most days so I'm hoping my liver is not too enlarged and that my stomach and liver fat have already been reduced as I've lost almost 8 kgs since Christmas. )Mostly in January and early February.)
Now to prep. I've ordered my sip bottles ( camelbak) will hunt out my heat pack and start looking through the files here to see what to take and to make sure I'm ready.

I guess I had my last hurrah meal last night, spag bog and enjoyed a  few glasses of red wine. I managed to save two small meal portions which are now in the freezer for when I can have soft foods.  I don't intend to drink alcohol for at least the first 6 months after the operation and perhaps the first 12. We'll see. I'm sure my liver will enjoy a rest from those kind of empty calories. But I sure enjoyed the wine with my meal last night.  

So here we go.  :)
Back to top Go down

Finally, April 1st
Page 1 of 1