AuthorMessage
DellyMC
DellyMC

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-04-22

Finally  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally    Finally  EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013, 5:42 am

So.. my surgeon wants me to see the anaesthetist prior to going to see him.. due to a previous anaphylactic reaction I had during a previous operation. The operation was abandoned and rescheduled for a later date under local anesthetic.

I have gone for allergy testing, with no clear results of being allergic to anything.. I later had gall bladder operation and was put under full aneasthetic (slightly different drugs were used) and everything was fine.

I am being charged $400 for this visit to the anaethetist... does this sound right to you!? I nearly fell over. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Hopefully I will only have to see her once... This is in Perth with Dr.Sara Kurain at Nedlands Anaesthesia. Has anyone ever gone to see her before?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DellyMC
DellyMC

Female

Finally  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally    Finally  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 12:41 pm

Aww thanks allaboutme!

I will definitely check it out!
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

Finally  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally    Finally  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 12:24 pm

Welcome To you all
Delly there's a few perthies here and we have regular get togethers. You should jump onto the sleevers get together and check out the date fore next week. Xx
Back to top Go down
Kil1980

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-04-17

Finally  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally    Finally  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 11:43 am

Good luck All...

This is my 1st night on the site,! My surgery date is the 18th may ... Only 4 weeks away .. I'm all emotions rolled into one .. I have been over weight all my life .... I have diabetes and is insulin controlled and also have kidney probs . Hoping the op will help will all of these health probs.. It's nice to read other stories... I have to travel 6 hrs for the op ...

Look forward to hearing about all you ops
Back to top Go down
Kiley
Part of the furniture
Kiley

Female
Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2012-12-29

Finally  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally    Finally  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 8:42 am

Yay another August 2013! I booked mine with Dr Greenslade in Brisbane for August 20th (120 sleeps), been overweight all my life and thinking about surgery for around 8-10 years but decided January last year it was a priority. Of course mucked around getting private health until 15th August of last year so waiting for it to kick in has been a really long wait so far.... and to make it harder since making the decision I have just felt so much worse about my weight and been feeling every kilo!

I am 36, have lived in Mackay for 2 years now (Actually from Christchurch NZ) with my husband and our 2 cats, I am self employed, have a small eyelash extension business that I started last year and is going better than I could have dreamed but still building it up so funds are a bit tighter than what I hoped leading up. This being said I not only have the Medical costs (gap etc) we also have the travel costs and accommodation for a week, loss of income from us both (both in jobs if we don't work, don't get paid) and misc costs like walking around money ... so now really hoping we can access Hubby's super (having only been here a couple of years mine probably does not have enough in it). I see on the form there is an option but don't know if the criteria changes/more difficult to get approved so would love to hear from anyone who has done it? Also the Medical expert is that my GP, the surgeon or both?? If not I guess it will be a bonus I won't be eating much and Hubby works away 50% of the time!

Anyway thats me! Lets just hope August comes around fast, can't see it when surgery is ALL I think about, feel like my life won't start again till its done!
Back to top Go down
DellyMC
DellyMC

Female

Finally  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally    Finally  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 8:39 am

Thanks Bubbles and best of luck for the 30th of May! That's a day before my birthday! :)

I think alot of us will have so much in common.. and I agree, this is a great forum.

It can be very difficult to share things with family! I'ts not stupid at all! My mum is the only one who really understands what I am going through.. it's still even hard to talk to her about it.. because I always start blubbering like a baby :) (she's back in Canada)

Anyway, all the best and I look forward to hearing about your progress!
Back to top Go down
bubbles2013
bubbles2013

Female
Number of posts : 16

Finally  Empty
PostSubject: me to   Finally  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 8:25 am

Hi DellyMC.
OHG, we have many similar things... I too had my gall bladder out about a year and half ago. My weight has ballooned since then and I now weigh 144kg...
Have my op booked for 30th May... and have just started the opti diet last Monday.. so happy to say that in 7 days I have lost 3.3kg..[Only admins are allowed to see this image] Hopefully this will be the first time in my life that losing weight will mean that it stays lost.... and doesn't find its way back to me. lol.
Am soooooo looking forwards to having my op.. I just want so much to feel healthy and not be held back by weight issues and embarrassment.
Love the idea of this forum, and being able to share things with, as for some reason its very hard to express myself to family and friends.. stupid huh?
anyway, all the best, and hope to keep in touch..
cheers
Back to top Go down
DellyMC
DellyMC

Female

Finally  Empty
PostSubject: Finally    Finally  EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 6:13 am

First of all i would like to say hello to you all!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I have a while to wait, but I finally got my surgery scheduled for the 8th of August.

I moved to Western Australia 8 years ago.. when I arrived i was around 75kilos (165lbs)

I now weight 140kilos (308lbs)

I have been struggling with weight my entire life, but it is getting out of hand, it dramatically got worse when I had gall bladder removal surgery about a year and a half ago.

I cannot wait for the surgery and begin a life changing experience.

I look forward to sharing my story with you all! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finally  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally    Finally  Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally
Page 1 of 1