AuthorMessage
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female
Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 11:10 am

Hi Debbles..

Good to see that you are also on top of things... sometimes I think I am doing something wrong caus it's all pretty 'easy' at the moment...

I am just about to hit 2L so my mum is treating me to some runny home made not much sugar custard... going to be sad when she leaves on Saturday!!

Glad to hear you have support too Debbles.. I find that a lot of people on here don't seem to have the support so we are definitely the lucky ones!!

Talk Soon and yes, deifnitely keep in touch!!

P.S. To do your ticker just google 'weight loss ticker', follow the instructions and copy the code! Then go to 'profile' on here and 'signature' and copy and paste.... Too much? I'll try to explain better if need be :)
Back to top Go down
debbles49
debbles49

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-07-22

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

Hello LittleJess and everyone else!

I am new and had my sleeve last Monday (25/7/11) at John Flynn Hospital, Tugan Gold Coast. I am feeling so on top of things but it is great to read stories from everyone. I am not a computer user so cant understand how to put on a "ticker" but I started at 119.4 kg did the 2 weeks of shakes and greens with an occasional jelly and didnt teeter off at all - there was no way if anything went wrong it was any of my doing! So no mishaps during surgery and a loss of 10 kg - yahoo buckaroo! I have never lost that in any time of my dieting yo-yoing!! I am feeling ok but still struggling to get 2.5 litres of fluid in (as suggested by my dietician) but yesterday hit the 2litres and hopefully by the time I go to bed it will be slightly over that mark!!!

So LittleJess - great effort! It will be great reading what you are up to (and everyone else) as I dont feel alone on this site - mind you I have a great family who are there for me if I need it, but they havent been through any of this - so thank you way ahead of time to all of you for letting me be part of your achievements (and lows if needed). I am off to sip some more fluid - just not sure what taste I want before bed!

love Debbles - just keep sipping.....
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 3:39 am

Congrats on drinking so much LittleJess ... I'm three months out and haven't been able to get that much in any day since surgery. I'm excited if I manage to drink one litre.

Great to hear everything is going well!

Take care.
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 1:07 am

Thanks guys Finally, HELLO!! 217555
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 12:14 am

HI Jess,
You are doing so well..... and it does take a while to work out all those new sensations. ie hunger / full / comfortable/ thirsty.

It's a continuing learning curve, and a continuing shrinking curve ... and a WHOLE NEW WORLD . YEAH!!!!!

hugs to you
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

Well done on getting the 2 litres in Jess! :)
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

OMG Wow, so quick... YAY!!!!

Yes, you are doing the right thing!!

I am feeling great - slept on my side last night (thank goodness hehe) and managed to get 2L of fluid in today!! :)

I don't remember, have you started opti already? Keep me posted :)
Back to top Go down

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 10:12 am

Ahhhh all booked for the 23rd!! Yikes.... such a quick turnaround! OMG...... Am I doing the right thing??

How are you feeling?

xo
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm

Oh.. how exciting, good luck with your appointment!! Let me know how it goes :)
Back to top Go down

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 8:39 am

Wow! That is a good overview..... I think parting with food mentally will be hard, but so much easier when your belly is not grumbling!!! You've made me very excited. Have my first appointment tomorrow :-)

Good luck and keep up posted.

xoxo
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 5:53 am

Hey MummaMia,

Well, for the first few days I didn't know the difference between comfortable/pain/hunger/nausea/fullness etc etc, I think I was just all overwhelmed and they wanted me to drink 1L and I was like OMG I only got in 310mL haha....

THEN... I learnt how to sip all day (I'm a clever cookie haha) and I got in over 1L and was comfortable all day... Then yesterday when I came home after a 1hr wait in hospital and 2hr drive home I didn't take any drinks with me and I felt HUNGER when I got home haha so I sipped away at my protein drink. I was feeling comfortable so had some water over the afternoon and was still comfortable. Everyone was eating dinner so I got my protein drink and sipped away.... FULLNESS!!! I didn't finish the drink so I put it in the fridge (it has been YEARS since I haven't finished something I started to eat, it was a weird feeling...)

Finally, HELLO!! 878453

Moral of the story, I now know what hunger feels like but one or two sips of a protein drink and I am comfortable - pushing the fullness feeling!
Back to top Go down

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 3:07 am

Jess! Thats is suuuuuuuuuch wonderful news! Good on you. Onwards and upwards for you my dear! Yeeeha!

How are you feeling hungry wise etc??

xo
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 2:02 am

Hi everyone!!

Surgery DONE and am feeling great surprisingly!! Thanks for all your support :)
Back to top Go down
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptyThu 28 Jul 2011, 3:34 am

Hi Jess!

Welcome. Hope you are recovering well from your surgery and look forward to seeing you on here!
Kell
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 24 Jul 2011, 4:19 am

Thanks MummaMia Finally, HELLO!! 217555
Back to top Go down

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 24 Jul 2011, 4:11 am

Welcome Jess!! I have only just joined also!

Sounds like you do a great job at work... I know some of those days would be exceptionally challenging, and thank goodness for people like you.

Good luck with the surgery.... You will be fine!
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture
Lozza (takitaki)

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 24 Jul 2011, 3:01 am

LOL.....it's there. Well done with the 9.7kg loss so far.Finally, HELLO!! 446871
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 24 Jul 2011, 2:56 am

Hey hey!! Would love to catch up on chat - will try to make my way there and I am going to use you as a guinea pig and try to attach my Ticker so here it goes -->

If it isn't there, I may need your help!! Thanks :)

Finally, HELLO!! Weight
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture
Lozza (takitaki)

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 24 Jul 2011, 2:50 am

Finally, HELLO!! 473426 Jess and all the best for your surgery. Hopefully we will catch up in the Chat section.

Lozza
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! EmptySun 24 Jul 2011, 2:42 am

Hi Everyone!!

I am due to check into hospital in 48hrs and have been reading your forums for most of my answers since I decided to have this surgery a few months ago. So, I finally decided to join the forums and get talking to people - why not!! So, here is a bit about me:

My name is Jess and I live in QLD - I started in Brisbane but seem to be moving further and further north every couple of years - will probably end up at the tip some time in my life :)

I am a Special Needs Teacher and absolutely, well and truly LOVE my job, no matter how many hard days there are...

In my free time I enjoy spending time with friends and family! I cherish both of these things and they are always right there beside me and I feel very lucky to have such great support.

I can't think of much more to say, I am a pretty open person, so I am sure you will all learn lots more about me over time!!

Ciao for now!! Jess xo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finally, HELLO!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, HELLO!!   Finally, HELLO!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally, HELLO!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: