AuthorMessage
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyFri 07 Aug 2009, 12:44 am

Oh yes re the hair and nails - you can't start too soon!!!

The hair issues usually start around the 3-4 month stage.

Does sound like you're craving protein - get some into you girl!!!

Sleep tight
Caz
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyFri 07 Aug 2009, 12:11 am

Morning Caz

I am just thinking about going to bed! I have got a craving for Heinz Beans & Saugages in a tin with mash. I was dreaming about Rich Tea biscuits last night LOL. I need to think protein I know. I have also bought some Silica pills to strengthen my hair & nails - should I start taking them now?

Moolie
xx
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyFri 07 Aug 2009, 12:02 am

I didn't use protein powder (and it is nearly 9 am here now).

What I did when I wanted more protein was to mix a protein-based soup mix in with a decent-tasting soup. So a beef protein soup mix in a pumpkin soup for example.

I'm sure there are protein powders that work OK, but the one I got was vanilla and tasted disgusting.

I moved on to baked beans fairly early. Because they mush up in your mouth they count as 'mushies'.
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyThu 06 Aug 2009, 11:50 pm

Hi Caz

You must be up early and I am up late. It's 23.45 here in Scotland. Just had a vanilla & maple yogurt smoothie and it was great too. Not as sweet as the blo*dy slimfast! Another week to go until I get to the baby puke stage. My friend said it would be a case of mind over matter. It's not what it looks like, it's how it tastes!!! My dietician would like me to stay on lump free food for 2-3 weeks. She said this would give my stomach more time to heal but I would get really fed up of this stage. Any good ideas - did you use protein powder?

Moolie
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyThu 06 Aug 2009, 11:42 pm

The Ox Tail soup sounds delish!

Remember when you are on mushies that you either need to be able to mush it up before eating it - or in your mouth. You mouth does a great job if you chew a lot! I forgot that and could have been having more interesting food earlier on in the process.

Great the gurgles are gone!

Caz
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyThu 06 Aug 2009, 11:29 pm

Hayley

My new baby tummy is doing fine. I think I am out of the gurgling tummy stage (mostly) and I only seem to get pain and burping when it is empty and this seems to be the way my baby tum tells me its time to put some form of liquid in it. Don't know if this is the case with other sleevers.

Got a really nice smoothie from Marks & Spencer - Vanilla & Maple made with yogurt. Had some oxtail soup for tea (not had this for years) and it gave me a beef taste (put it through a strainer to get any meat pieces out). Asda doing slimfast 4 for £4 - a bargain me thinks. My boss arrived tonight with 2 different kinds of home made soup for me so cant wait to try them tomorrow.

Good luck for your blood results tomorrow, let us know how you get on.

Moolie
xx
Back to top Go down
hayley189
hayley189

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyThu 06 Aug 2009, 10:47 pm

7lb in a week wow thats amazing well done and how are you finding it getting to know your new tummy?
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyThu 06 Aug 2009, 7:32 pm

Hi Hayley

What a cutie pie your baby is. Glad to hear she is feeling better.

I remember the wanting to sleep in your bed senario soooo welllll. At one point my husband, me and 3 kids were all sleeping in the one bedroom! It was wall to wall beds - the things you'll do for a nights sleep. They don't sleep with you forever - promise. If this doesn't suit you then you will have to put on your 'Supernanny' cape and keep putting her back to bed no matter how many times it takes. Power to you!

As for the loose heaps of weight and then you're 'cured'. I think you will find that loads of us have been there - I certainly have more than once! There are tons of photos of me not just with various hairstyles, and fashion mistakes but different body shapes/sizes. I used the slimming world diet to get my BMI into a safer level for the surgery. I have lost 7lbs this week - I'm feeling fine and happy with that.
Keep asking away - as you said, the more you know before hand the easier it is

Moolie
xx
Back to top Go down
hayley189
hayley189

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyWed 05 Aug 2009, 10:21 pm

Yes I did slimming world I lost loads and loads of weight about 12 years ago, problem was I thought I was then "cured" thought I could eat what I liked once Id lost the weight. Reality check Im about 5 stone heavier than I ever was now.
The baby is much better today she is just being really manipulative now wants to go to bed with us, and she is clinging to me like mad Im really gonna miss her though when I leave on Sunday. I have been really good today on my diet i CAN do this!! when I get back I will start up an online diary I reckon it will be extra motervation.
Are you still feeling O.K after your op? Have you been given a diet sheet to follow, how long will you be on a liquid diet for?
I should be getting my latest blood test results tomorrow the ones that will decide if I can have the op or not, Im sure it will be fine because I feel fine but fingers crossed.
Hayleyx
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyTue 04 Aug 2009, 9:09 pm

Poor wee toot. I certainly don't miss the baby, not knowing whats wrong, stage. Lets hope its just a temp and at least the Dr did the better safe than sorry thing.
I'm sure you will get there I tried to start my diary tonight but it seems to have got lost in cyber space or maybe it's cause I speak some cr*p LOL.

Know what you mean about slimfast - too sweet for me. My pre op diet was the high protein, low carb thing. Lots of meat of any variety (chicken, steak, bacon), eggs (boiled, poached, scrambled or omlette), cheese (not too much though), mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower and no more than 30g of carbs a day. My 2 stone weight loss prior to this was with Slimming World's green and red days. I could have slimming world's own recepie chips, beans, eggs, pasta, rice all free food on green days and all meat free on red days (bit of a basic explanation). This diet suited me really well as I could eat till I was full but still loose weight even without exercising! But we all know how tough it is and I had a brill 2 weeks of pigging out before my pre op diet.

Keep strong and I hope your daughter is over the worst of it soon.

Moolie
xx
Back to top Go down
hayley189
hayley189

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyTue 04 Aug 2009, 8:35 pm

Wow thats fantastic I hope I recover so well if I even get there. My daughter is unwell at the moment I thought it was teething she has a high temp, off her food and a bit larthargic phoned nhs direct and they have given her tammy flu, im sure its not flu but Ill just have to wait and see how she gets on bummer.
I still cant get my head into this pre op diet tried slim fast today eurgh, Im kind of thinking there is no point I cant loose the weight in time weighed myself last night 5lb on I think it was the kick up the bum I needed.
Well done on your weight loss by the way!
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyMon 03 Aug 2009, 11:24 pm

Hey Hayley

I lost 2 stone before I started the 10 day pre op diet and only about 4lbs on the pre op but the object of the pre op is to make your liver floppy (not fatty) lol.

I am feeling amazingly good. The op was not nearly as bad as I thought. Morphine drip overnight and fluid drip (4 bags full). No drain and was up 3 hours after coming back to my room. Feel like I have been kicked by a large horse and the wind is a bit of bug*er but bearable. I am able to swallow my tablets as before and managing liquids. Early days I know but it's easy to forget you have had major surgery.
Back to top Go down
hayley189
hayley189

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyMon 03 Aug 2009, 8:59 pm

Hay Moolie how are you doing? Did it all go well? How much weight did you loose before your op if you dont mind me asking
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyMon 03 Aug 2009, 3:14 pm

Hey I had a blip 2 days pre op and got away with it. Luckily it was of the liquid variety! Just go back on it Hayley I'm sure it will be fine.
Back to top Go down
DaisyMay

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: pre op Diet   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 6:49 pm

Hello

Just start again and keep a cool head! Go for it!

x
Back to top Go down
hayley189
hayley189

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 2:12 pm

Ballsed up my pre op diet been on holiday and I just found it so hard I have a week now to do the best I can. Was thinking of you on Thursday Moolie hope all is well.
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009, 2:58 pm

Cheers everyone

Feeling much better now after your advice - just getting myself in a state. I was speaking to the friends we are going on holiday with today and he said if its not listed dont declare it!!! He said we will cover whatever we have to if it crops up. Was speaking to my sis in law who lives in Perth (Oz not Scotland) and she was asking which hospital the Perth mob used. I was telling her that I would have saved money coming out and staying with her and being done in Perth but hey ho too late now. 3 sleeps to go - still want that toast though or anything with bread really its torture. Thanks for the heads up Janey - I'm sure your plateau will go soon try eating something you shouldnt (a piece of pizza) it gives you body something to work off - well used to always work on the old diets for me or maybe I am just speaking crap lol.

Moolie
xx
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009, 12:56 am

Thanks darl, and Im sure with all your exercise it will melt away this week! xx
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009, 12:54 am

Totally jealous BG. Send some of that weight loss my way will ya!!!

Hugs and congrats,
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009, 12:48 am

Since my blip Ive had no problems, So it does pass... I'm feeling fantastic, had my 4 weekly check in at the gym and lost 5kg since 4 weeks ago, making 31 altogether, so keep your chin up and you can do it! We will support you all the way!
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009, 12:44 am

Hey Moolie take heart. I'm a May sleever too and I haven't had a hint of nausea or any problems at all. Well apart from a giant plateau atm but you get that. So just focus on the positives and you will probably sail through it all with nary a hint of any problems. I did so you can too.

BTW toast will probably be something you will crave desperately post op while on liquids and mushies. Just a heads up so be prepared. LOL.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptySun 26 Jul 2009, 6:22 pm

Cheers bushgirl but I have really scared myself now by reading the problems the may sleevers have had with nausea, dehydration, etc and I am now shit**ng myself over this bloody travel insurance in case I take ill when away. I must be getting pre op jitters and really want some hot buttered toast (the thicker the better but know I cant) - another bit of chicken here I come!!!
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptySun 26 Jul 2009, 2:14 am

whilst it is the land of large, it is also relatively cheap as well, so don't feel bad about throwing away leftovers, or keep some extra yummy ones for the next day! I'm sure you will be fine!!!
Back to top Go down
Moolie
Moolie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptySat 25 Jul 2009, 8:24 pm

LOL you are right on the football front Scotland and England a fierce rivals when it comes to the football. We have the NHS which is free to all and we have an agreement with the EU countries but I decided just to not mention the sleeve but might phone like you suggested just to be on the safe side. I am going in October so I hope I will be nearly healed by then going to the land where everything is LARGE is going to be difficult I know but I know I have no choice.
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP EmptySat 25 Jul 2009, 8:56 am

football=religion... you are right tracey, I am going to Sydney Bledisloe as well...just wasn't thinking about it when i wrote that, but I know welfare and whatnot has benefits for our friends and vice cersa, and now they are allowing superannuation as well... not sure of specifics though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP   Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP Empty

Back to top Go down

Please help me - preop decision to make ASAP
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: