missyblahblah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eclectic

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-03-15

PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE EmptySat 12 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm

I saw this suggested on another website and it is amazing.

1/3 cup chobani plsin low fat yogurt

1 scoop bulk nutrients brand protein powder ( any flavour you like but i like choc honeycomb best)

Mix and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.

You can buy the bulk nutrients brand protein powders online. They are very inexpensive.

The recipe tastes delicious and is very high protein and low carb.
Back to top Go down
telos-y

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 5:49 am

Are you also allowed healthy desserts?

Like homemade mousse with cocao, extra low fat philly and an egg white?

Or some of the other gelatin desserts out there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 5:48 am

Yeah, I haven't had a whole heap of luck with the whole pureed phase and have stuck to the same soups (Woolworths) but went the chunkier option and have blitzed them along with porridge and the chobani yoghurts.  That has pretty much been my staple foods.  Plus creamed rice.  Creamed rice is my vice :)  hahaha
Back to top Go down
telos-y

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE EmptyTue 23 Feb 2016, 5:33 am

I'm a way off but I thought I might struggle with pureed foods too.

I thought I'd mostly do thick soups and if pureed meat doesn't do it for (which I'm pretty sure it wont) I'll add collagen hyrdrolysate. Collagen is basically the same as gelatin except it doesn't gel up. 1 tablespoon has 7g protein and nothing else (just a bit of sodium). I've been playing with adding it to anything and you can't taste it, nor does it change the consistency.

Maybe google 'pureed soups'.. they are designed to be good all mashed up together.

Good luck. I fear I'll be where you are in the near future
Back to top Go down
strangelyenough
strangelyenough

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2014-11-26

PostSubject: Re: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016, 11:37 pm

Sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time with the puree.  Have you tried simple foods that are normally a puree consistency? Something  like mashed potato...

I'm a bit fussy with food and can't have any dairy so I expect this will be difficult.  I tested out some pureed vegetables pre-op when I had my wisdom teeth out.  I found pureed carrot and broccoli stalk was great.  I'm thinking that might work for me,  will have to try it with a bit of protein powder added (I'm day 2 post op,  so early days for me). 

Hope you find something you can enjoy - or at least tolerate!
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016, 11:33 am

Sending you a hug!

PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE 217555

I'm afraid that's all the help I can be. I don't start puree until tomorrow and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it, LOL! Fluid has been fine but I'm looking forward to changing it up. I must admit to loving yoghurt and custard and ricotta cheese, so I'm off to a flying start. I can understand it might be tricky if you don't like some of those things.

BTW do you have the book, Your Complete Guide to Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery by Sally Johnson? I've found it very helpful so far. Has lots of great recipes for each stage... You can download it from Amazon, which is what I did.
Back to top Go down
Kiki
Kiki

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-09-24

PostSubject: Re: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016, 11:31 am

Hang in there Missy. I'm currently on the pureed and will admit it's not the best thing. I found one thing that's quite nice is making up some mince, I cook it up with onion and garlic and everything I'd usually use, I just add a smidge more tomato paste/sauce to make it a little more runny but still blitz it up so it's thicker. 
Also made a really nice satay chicken. Got a premade sauce from coles, added in what it recommended and cooked as normal then whizzed it up and I really liked it. 
I'd recommend looking on pinterest, I came up with some great ideas from there. 
And don't worry you'll be back to having a sandwich soon! I'm really craving one too!
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE EmptySun 21 Feb 2016, 9:59 pm

Try thick soups?  

I didn't have much of an issue, but I'm not that fussy.  And I still use VLCD shakes (though, Kickstart brand).  

Have you been seeing a psychologist?  I found that very helpful in reframing negative thoughts.
Back to top Go down
missyblahblah

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-06-14

PostSubject: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE EmptySun 21 Feb 2016, 11:37 am

Hi!
I am almost two weeks post op and struggling with this puree diet. I guess mostly because I am super fussy with food (no yoghurt, cottage cheese, tuna) but basically anything I puree just simply tastes disgusting, to the point of being inedible.

I am worried I am not eating enough / eating enough protein but honestly the food tastes so disgusting I just can't eat it. And if I have to see another optifast sachet in my life I will scream!

I have tried all different sorts of casseroles, soups, normal meals in the blender to puree them and they all just taste totally foul.

Did anyone else have a similar experience? I understand I am on this puree diet for at least 3 weeks and wondering how I will go another 1.5 weeks living on virtually nothing.

I don't know how you guys all did it. All I want to eat is a sandwich!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE   PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE Empty

Back to top Go down

PUREE DIET IS TERRIBLE
Page 1 of 1