AuthorMessage
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

nearly on puree stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: nearly on puree stage   nearly on puree stage EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 5:48 am

http://greatideas.net.au/index.php?cPath=2&osCsid=

This is the link, it has an owners guide where a lap band and sleeve owner comment on the book. My surgeon includes it as part of the follow up as one of the dietitians is one of the reviewers . . . a friend who went to Garett Smith also got it . . . she measured and eyed up the portion sizes at first, and still isn't getting what they suggest into her tummy so far . . . but when you see half a kebab you think 'There is nooooooway I can eat that'.

Cheers,
Karyn:-)
Back to top Go down
2ndtimemumma
2ndtimemumma

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: nearly on puree stage   nearly on puree stage EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 1:32 am

Hi soulcatcher

Do you know where I can get hold of this book. I have tried searching and I can't find it.

Cheers

Em x
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: nearly on puree stage   nearly on puree stage EmptyThu 24 Feb 2011, 6:54 pm

Hi,

The dietitians here are quite keen on a book called Perfect portions for Banders and Sleevers . . . which basically has picture guides which suggest meals of 200-250cals and snacks of 100cal (yogurt, v.small handful nuts). It uses brands readily available here, and has criteria for 'perfect choice' fitting all criteria, and only fits 3 of 4 etc . . . Which makes life easier as we are such visual creatures (and some meals are 3 nuggets and 5 chips in the occasional section). It has a plate and bowl set as well with guides to portion printed on it.

In the recovery/healing phase they're pushing protein and healthy choices (avoid empty cals etc).

Fluids - 1.5litres (not within half hour of meals though, so you can still fit in food), as a minimum. Water with a little bit of cordial goes down easier, and warm fluid like tea/broth/soup.

Generally aim for 60-70g of protein a day, you'll find lots of posts here that people add their protein up over the day (esp. Girls, because low protein sometimes means less hair).

There are books available on amazon regarding eating after WLS, and eggface is a good website/blog. I think there are threadsin the post-op section with recipes, I'm on puree phase, traveling, and musashi pre pack protein drink (30g protein), yogurt and soup of the day (if you can find it in summer), smoothies in cafe with protein powder (yay) are my salvation as I decided two nights away I was not packing a blender.

Anyhow, hope this helps, check out the threads . . . and congratulations on your new tummy!

Karyn :-)
Back to top Go down
gibb100503
gibb100503

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: nearly on puree stage   nearly on puree stage EmptyThu 24 Feb 2011, 5:37 pm

quick question, how much fluid and calories should i try to be getting in each day, my calrie intake is quite low and so is my fluid intake. im 13 days post op.

thanks

stew
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsuperobese.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nearly on puree stage   nearly on puree stage Empty

Back to top Go down

nearly on puree stage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: