2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jo-Aussiegal
Jo-Aussiegal

Female
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-07-19

A week out and now on puree .. yay! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A week out and now on puree .. yay!   A week out and now on puree .. yay! EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 6:41 am

mirawitch wrote:
Good news that liquids was easy, I found after the first week it was all good too.

Puree stage I sort of skipped a bit as I tollerated it so well.

But mashed potatoe with gravy (or red wine sauce) was yummo, scrambled eggs (better to keep out the cheese I found), yogurt, refried beens mixed with some of the sauce from the salsa, babybel cheeses. If you buy the light ones each have 5.1g of protein and easy to eat if you nibble and chew, even easier if it has been out of the fridge for an hour or two and smoothies. I am having one a night with protein powder. My favs are frozen berries and milk or banana, milk and milo.

As I said I have kind of skipped it a bit and instead of pureeing my meat I am just chopping it tiny and chewing lots. I figure if I chew it enough its pureed. I really enjoyed a piece of chicken with creamy tandoori sauce the other night and cottage pie (made with lots of gravy) last night.

I told surgeon what I was eating and he said if there is no discomfort then to go for it.

Wow, that is amazing, so soon, I guess everyone is so different but as I tolerated everything this far, I am hoping the same will be for me too. What about the wind issue, or have you not had any? [sorry, to be so personal.]
Back to top Go down
mirawitch
mirawitch

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: A week out and now on puree .. yay!   A week out and now on puree .. yay! EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 6:16 am

Good news that liquids was easy, I found after the first week it was all good too.

Puree stage I sort of skipped a bit as I tollerated it so well.

But mashed potatoe with gravy (or red wine sauce) was yummo, scrambled eggs (better to keep out the cheese I found), yogurt, refried beens mixed with some of the sauce from the salsa, babybel cheeses. If you buy the light ones each have 5.1g of protein and easy to eat if you nibble and chew, even easier if it has been out of the fridge for an hour or two and smoothies. I am having one a night with protein powder. My favs are frozen berries and milk or banana, milk and milo.

As I said I have kind of skipped it a bit and instead of pureeing my meat I am just chopping it tiny and chewing lots. I figure if I chew it enough its pureed. I really enjoyed a piece of chicken with creamy tandoori sauce the other night and cottage pie (made with lots of gravy) last night.

I told surgeon what I was eating and he said if there is no discomfort then to go for it.
Back to top Go down
Jo-Aussiegal
Jo-Aussiegal

Female
Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: A week out and now on puree .. yay!   A week out and now on puree .. yay! EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 5:41 am

My dietician said I can progress to puree now as have had no problems on liquids. I am wondering how long you spent on pureed, what sort of foods you were having and what did you go onto 'next'.

How long does the, 'windyness' last for?

Cheers, Jo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A week out and now on puree .. yay!   A week out and now on puree .. yay! Empty

Back to top Go down

A week out and now on puree .. yay!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: