4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lizzbeth
Lizzbeth

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2016-01-12

Introducing myself :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself :)   Introducing myself :) EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016, 6:12 am

Welcome Cassie!!

Lizz
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wb0B
Luni
Luni

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself :)   Introducing myself :) EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016, 5:57 am

Oops, sorry Fat-to-Fit, I just realised I forgot to reply! Still learning how the forum works. Thanks for the support :) Hope you are recovering well post-op.

Can I ask who your surgeon was? Also, any tips for things I should be doing over the next 12 months to prepare myself? Thanks very much for any help!
Back to top Go down
Fat-to-Fit
Part of the furniture
Fat-to-Fit

Female
Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself :)   Introducing myself :) EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016, 8:13 pm

Hi Cassie. Welcome, this is a good place to gather info & support as you wait it out. I'm in Melbourne , too , and had to do the 12 month wait thing as well - and now I'm almost 13 weeks post op, so, time may seem to drag occasionally, but your time will come !!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself :)   Introducing myself :) EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016, 12:07 pm

Thanks, Cassie! I'm starting to feel a bit nervous right now.
Back to top Go down
Luni
Luni

Female

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself :)   Introducing myself :) EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016, 12:03 pm

Thanks Lisa! I hope the time goes quickly, I'm feeling impatient already! But the 12 months will be a good opportunity for me to come to terms with the surgery, get in the right headspace, etc. :)

Thanks for the tip, I've been reading a few diaries already, and today I had a squiz at the February group (actually your posts were among the helpful ones I mentioned!).

Not long now til your surgery - best of luck! It looks like our starting stats are quite similar so I'll be eagerly following your journey (stalker much!).
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself :)   Introducing myself :) EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016, 11:55 am

Welcome Cassie!

Great that you've taken out your health insurance. Now you have 12 months to prepare. It'll go faster than you think!

Don't be shy. Feel free to jump on in any any thread! When I was new here I found reading other people's diaries was a great place to get information and to get to know a bit about people.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
Back to top Go down
Luni
Luni

Female

PostSubject: Introducing myself :)   Introducing myself :) EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016, 11:45 am

Newbie shyly introducing myself...

*deep breath*

Hi! I'm Cassie, I'm 26 and live in Melbourne. I'm currently about the heaviest I've ever been, 118kg *gulp*. I'm a shorty-pants so that makes my BMI around 47. I've been overweight all my life and have yo-yo-ed up and down with various diets, etc. 

I've been thinking vaguely about weight loss surgery for a few years but hadn't pursued it, mostly because I was ashamed and afraid that others would think I was giving up or taking the "easy way out" (ridiculous, I know), but the last few months I've thought, forget it, embarrassment be damned! If it gets me where I need to go then that's all that matters. The few people I've shared with have been really supportive too, thankfully.

I've been lurking here for a few weeks but as I hadn't had my appointment yet I didn't want to jump in and post in case the surgeon said I wasn't a candidate and all the excitement would have been for nothing!

I had my first appointment with the surgeon today and it went quite well. I had been pretty set on wanting a sleeve but he encouraged me to also think about gastric bypass; he said that he usually recommends bypass for younger patients like myself, but that he would also be happy to do the sleeve if that was what I really wanted. I'm still leaning towards the sleeve - the higher risk associated with the bypass has put me off a fair bit - but I've got plenty of time to think about it. I just took out private health today (that was an exciting moment - shit's getting REAL!) so I've got a long 12 months to mull things over!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and wisdom on this site, it's been invaluable to me these last few weeks :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself :)   Introducing myself :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself :)
Page 1 of 1