5 posters
AuthorMessage
yaprawn
yaprawn

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-30

Hi - Introducing myself! Empty
PostSubject: Thank you!   Hi - Introducing myself! EmptyTue 01 Jun 2010, 12:33 pm

A huge thank you to all that replied to my post. I am having a great time browsing through the diaries and the information. I'm finding it invaluable. Thanks also for the support being offered. It blows me away, thank you again!! I will get in contact with my mum re your offers of support- I'm trying to be supportive but of course not experiencing it first hand, not sure what to say. I know she has read a lot of the information on this site and will endeavour to encourage her to also join. Thanks again to all! Hi - Introducing myself! 618285
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi - Introducing myself!   Hi - Introducing myself! EmptyTue 01 Jun 2010, 12:47 am

Welcome and ditto to what the others have said....
Who is your surgeon and does your mum need any support?
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi - Introducing myself!   Hi - Introducing myself! EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 3:22 pm

Hi Yaprawn...the recommendations to read the diaries and fossick through the forums are good ones.

I was sleeved just over seven weeks ago in Perth and have no complaints. No vomiting yet, able to eat more or less what I want -- just not a lot of it...I have tried to be specific in my diary. I'm older than you by 10 years but also in Perth...

Is your Mum on the site? If not, she may find it helpful to check out the postop page and talk to others who are at the same stage -- or who have been through it. People are really helpful here.
We all heal at our own rate but as much as anything we need to get accustomed to our new life and new tummies.

cheers

S
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi - Introducing myself!   Hi - Introducing myself! EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 2:47 pm

Hello and welome. You've certainly come to the right place for more information. I'm finding it really helpful to read through all of the first hand accounts (the diaries are great for this). The science I know, but getting a good indication of what it is REALLY going to be like post-sleeve is always good.
Best of luck for your journey.
Hi - Introducing myself! 65317
Back to top Go down
JayNay
Part of the furniture
JayNay

Female
Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi - Introducing myself!   Hi - Introducing myself! EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 2:27 pm

Hi Welcome to the site. The best advise is to go through the diaries, especially of people who have been sleeved for a while. Just be aware that you taste may change - food you like know may not taste the same as pre-sleeve (chocolate). Some people also don't have the hunger for food anymore either. I have to remind myself to eat during the day. Everyone's experience and time line for eating is different.

Just read, read, read the diaries.

Good Luck

JayNay
Back to top Go down
yaprawn
yaprawn

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Hi - Introducing myself!   Hi - Introducing myself! EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 1:07 pm

Hi - Introducing myself! 314562
Hi - I'm new to this site and thought I'd get a bit more information from a wider range of people with regard to the gastric sleeve. I'm a 38 year old female, from Perth - who has struggled with my weight for at least the last ten years, if not longer. My genetics are not great. Both my parents are overweight - and both have Diabetes Type II - lifestyle and diet induced. I have opted to have the sleeve after a very dear friend had the sleeve done 2.5 years ago, with amazing results. I am keen to have the operation after experiencing terrible back and neck pain for the last two years and trying every diet, with no success and only putting on more weight. My biggest concern is that my mum had the sleeve operation 5 weeks ago and is not feeling entirely happy. She is experiencing a bit of pain and disappointed that food seems to not be enjoyable for her at the moment. I am a HUGE foodie and have been realistic in my expectations that I will be able to eat what I like, just not in the amount that I am used to. I guess I'm just after some reassurance that it DOES get better and the disappointment with mush (soft foods) is not never ceasing!! Ideas, feedback - experiences definitely MOST welcome (particularly as I'm booked to have it on the 08/06/2010)!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi - Introducing myself!   Hi - Introducing myself! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi - Introducing myself!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: