mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Introducing Myself . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 9:59 am

Welcome.... the sleeve is the best thing that I have ever done..... looking forward to reading how you go!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 9:58 am

Hello Chantelle and welcome to the forum.

WTG on getting sleeved! Introducing Myself . . . 542174

Love our sleeves Introducing Myself . . . 217555
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 9:40 am

Hi Telly,
Congratulations on the surgery YAY

I was also morbidly obese and now I am only 1 kilo away from being just plain fat. Never thought I would live to
see the day.

Love the sleeve.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
telly78

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . EmptyFri 09 Apr 2010, 10:32 am

Hi guys,

Thank you all so much for your welcoming messages. I am really enjoing all of the information that I have found on this site. I start puree foods on Monday so I can't wait to try some of the recipes that I have found on the forum.

Telly
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . EmptyFri 09 Apr 2010, 12:11 am

Hi Telly, and congratulations on your surgery! I have about 5 weeks to go until it's my turn. Sounds like you have some really lovely friends and family, you're very lucky. It's a fantastic forum, so much information and support.
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . EmptyFri 09 Apr 2010, 12:06 am

Hi there and welcome,
what I found "interesting" is how I also "protected" myself by thinking "I am fairly well muscled / tall / carry my weight well." etc. My friends were also kind re my size.
Looking back at photos of myself, I am amazed at how big I actually was!

This is a great journey!
Sophia
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . EmptyThu 08 Apr 2010, 1:31 pm

Hi Chantelle and welcome.

I thank my lucky stars everyday that I found this fantastic support site coz I don't know if I would have had such a great result without checking on here to see if im normal or not.

Congrats on having the surgery.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . EmptyThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:41 pm

Hi There!!!

Wow, congratulations on your surgery. Im so glad you're feeling great. Thats awesome!

I love Hervey Bay its my favourite place on earth.

Good luck with your journey.

Nat.
Back to top Go down
telly78

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . EmptyThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:37 pm

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and say a big HELLO to everyone!

My name is Chantelle and I am 23 years old. I have recently had my sleeve done on March 29th. I really wish I had found this forum before my surgery. A lot of the questions I had before the surgery have been answered on here. Oh well. Before starting my Pre-op diet, I weighed 135kgs which put me in the morbidly obese catergory - which is hard for me to admit. I feel like my family and friends always tried to protect me from feeling that large. My friends would always say things like your not fat your just really muscley - but obviosly I always new the truth. I decieded to have weight loss surgery around christmas time. I initially wanted to get the band, its all I had read about and at the time I thought it was the safest and best option for me. Luckily for me my Mum researched it further and the two people she spoke to had had the band and had also had it removed and had the sleeve done. My doctor also felt it was a better option.

I was amazed at how little pain I had after the surgery. I was expecting a lot worse. Now I'm one and a half weeks out and I am so glad I have made this decision. Reading everyone's stories is so inpirational. It makes me have hope that I can do this!

Love Chantelle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Myself . . .   Introducing Myself . . . Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing Myself . . .
Page 1 of 1