9 posters
AuthorMessage
oldfart
oldfart

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyTue 09 Sep 2008, 2:44 am

Hi Janice and a warm welcome to you ........ I'm on liquids and enjoyng my own version of an eggnogg
Back to top Go down
VictoriaJan
VictoriaJan

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyTue 09 Sep 2008, 12:58 am

I am doing great thanks. Yes the surgeon said soft foods for the first 4 weeks. Getting kinda bored with soft foods but am not ready to move on to the hard stuff yet. Have decided it's time to make some of that egg custard I have been reading about. Sounds like it might be good. Most of my protein is coming from eggs, cheese and protein shakes. Since I've had the surgery, I have become lactose intolerant but can still eat the hard cheeses (old, sharp,havarti and for some reason feta still works. I am not getting enough water into me so need to concentrate on that and gotta try to fit in some well cooked vegetables too.
I am getting lots of exercise (walking) and just started back into swimming today. It was beautiful. I am going back to work on Wednesday...desk job...no lifting.
I hope you are well too.

Janice
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 1:41 pm

HI Janice,

Victoria is great. I visited the area a couple of years ago.

How are you doing 3 weeks out, I assume you are now on mushies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cpapestore.com
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 5:16 am

Hi Janice and welcome
Sounds like you're doing well - that's great!
Chris
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyTue 02 Sep 2008, 6:17 am

Welcome Janice. Introducing myself 355206
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyMon 01 Sep 2008, 12:04 pm

Hi Janice,

Welcome to the forum.

I am 8 weeks post op and there isn't a day that I have missed weighing myself.

Good luck with your journey.

steph
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyMon 01 Sep 2008, 10:33 am

hi janice,
Dont feel alone with the getting on the scales all the time...lol we have a whole thread called scale jumpers...lol most of us are addicted to the scales..
Anyway welcome to this wonderful site and i hope to hear more from you soon

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptyMon 01 Sep 2008, 3:06 am

Hi Janice welcome to the forum. :-)

Cinni
Back to top Go down
VictoriaJan
VictoriaJan

Female

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Cool Map   Introducing myself EmptySun 31 Aug 2008, 9:41 pm

Thanks for adding me to the map. Isn't google awesome and of course you too for figuring out how to do that. I like how when I click on the person it comes up with the member's username.

Janice
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptySun 31 Aug 2008, 7:11 pm

Hello and welcome Janice! I have added you to our map! I know how you feel weighing yourself all the time, and it does feel great doesnt it!!!! I'm going to look at that site you mention as I am really curious about my calorie intake!
Take care!
BB
Back to top Go down
VictoriaJan
VictoriaJan

Female

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Introducing myself   Introducing myself EmptySun 31 Aug 2008, 6:32 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Janice. I live in Victoria BC, Canada. I had my Gastric Sleeve on August 18th this year so am almost two weeks post op. Yahoooooo. I am a single 49 year old with one 32 year old son. I live with my two cats and my brother who has lived with me for the past two years. I have a full time job and once I get my health and energy back will go back to doing volunteer counselling (it feeds my spirit)

The past two weeks have been quite the roller coaster. First week I was pretty much fogged up from all the anaesthetic and pain meds and the second week totally pre-occpupied with weighing myself-had to make sure it was working.

I have started keeping track of my food intake on Spark People so that I can monitor my protein intake as well as my vitamin/mineral intake. I really like how efficient the site is for that reason but I am driving myself nuts cause my calories are too high. The damn number crunching gets me down.

I will try to focus more on how much energy I have now compared to before surgery. I am feeling great. Have been out walking almost every day and my body feels lighter and thinner. Introducing myself 65317

I am so glad I found this site...not much out there yet for sleevers so I am glad you are all here.

Take Care
Janice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: