5 posters
AuthorMessage
JadziaOz
JadziaOz

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2015-08-16

introducing myself... Empty
PostSubject: Re: introducing myself...   introducing myself... EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015, 4:06 am

Hi Joanne, and welcome :)

I was also sleeved on the 4th. Head on over to the Sleevers Monthly and join the September Sleevers group as well - there's quite a few of us now :)

I know what you mean about the shakes - I've had trouble getting them down without significant pain. This morning I had two tablespoons of organic baby rice cereal (like Farex, which is on my approved list, but I use Bellamy's Organic. Had it for my sick cat, now it's my turn LOL), made into a  thin soup with almond milk (regular lactose free milk gives me terrible mucous), warmed it in the microwave and added a hint of stevia - it's slow, but going down a treat, with absolutely no pain at all. Last night for dinner I also blitzed some cup-a-soup (La Zuppa Just Add Water Vegetable and Bean - the rest have too many chunks) until it was really thin and the slight spiciness made me feel like it was a real meal! Oh it was bliss! I will do that for lunch and dinner today as well :)

I will attempt to get some protein shake in at some point, but I am tired of pain, so what's the point in torturing myself? At this stage we're allowed a little thinned down custard or yoghurt (must be really thin, like drinking yoghurt) and liquidised soups as long as it's thin with zero lumps - so I am taking advantage of that. We can have egg flips (eggs blended with milk and vanilla) but I don't like my eggs that way :D Plus it's the warmth I'm craving - I'm so sick of cold shakes and cordial!

I have a diary (JadziaOz's Journal) over in the diary section - a lot of us do, and they're often worth reading, especially by those who are a bit ahead so you know what you're going through is typical of most sleevers ;)

Take a good look around, join in some conversations, ask ANY questions you have (even if you think they've been asked and answered a million times) and make yourself at home. Most importantly, be yourself. We're really friendly and uber-helpful, so don't hesitate to ask anything at all xx

Hello
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: introducing myself...   introducing myself... EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015, 1:52 am

Hello, My name is Joanne and I'm new here and not sure what to do at this point. Just had my sleeve surgery done on Friday Sept. 4. It's been 5 days since my surgery and I'm feeling a lot better. To be honest with you I can't stand drinking those protein shakes any more, they are starting to make me sick to my stomach. Anyone else having these problems?
Back to top Go down
JadziaOz
JadziaOz

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2015-08-16

PostSubject: Re: introducing myself...   introducing myself... EmptySat 29 Aug 2015, 2:58 pm

When you go to "Profile", along the top of the white text box is a series of titles. I think the fourth one is "Signature". Click on that link and it will take you to the signature editing page :)

And welcome :)
Back to top Go down
Christine1958
Christine1958

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-08-29

PostSubject: Thank You   introducing myself... EmptySat 29 Aug 2015, 11:48 am

Thanks for your kind welcome and I would like to be an active member.  I am not used to chat rooms but will try and figure it out as I go.  Actually, I do have a question...how do you make a signature?  I read that I should go to 'profile' and there would be a 'signature' page but there wasn't.
If anyone can help I would appreciated it.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Sutika
Part of the furniture
Sutika

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2015-06-17

PostSubject: Re: introducing myself...   introducing myself... EmptySat 29 Aug 2015, 9:20 am

Hi Christina, welcome! I think some of your post got cut off? Please come along to the August group (Sleever's Monthly then August 2015) it would be great to share our journeys.

introducing myself... 542174
Back to top Go down
Christine1958
Christine1958

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-08-29

PostSubject: Hi All   introducing myself... EmptySat 29 Aug 2015, 2:50 am

Sutika wrote:
hello Renata

Please come and join us on the August 2015 sleevers' page. There is a lot of support there. I was sleeved on 12 August. There is also advice on how to join our secret Facebook group if that interests you (not mandatory!).

Hope you continue to get and feel better.

Sutika
My name is Christine and I live in Mandurah.  I had my sleeve last Saturday and am feeling terrific.  I
Back to top Go down
Sutika
Part of the furniture
Sutika

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2015-06-17

PostSubject: Re: introducing myself...   introducing myself... EmptyMon 24 Aug 2015, 8:27 am

hello Renata

Please come and join us on the August 2015 sleevers' page. There is a lot of support there. I was sleeved on 12 August. There is also advice on how to join our secret Facebook group if that interests you (not mandatory!).

Hope you continue to get and feel better.

Sutika
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: introducing myself...   introducing myself... EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 11:20 pm

Hi again Renata. I can very much identify with the food addiction and have found it helpful to talk with a psychologist to try to improve my relationship with food. I organized with my GP to go on a mental health plan so I would qualify for subsidized visits to the psych. The sleeve is only a tool and the results will be dependent on the work we put in so it's important to get the head right for the journey to maximize our success. 

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
onmywaytothenewrenata

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-08-22

PostSubject: introducing myself...   introducing myself... EmptySun 23 Aug 2015, 11:36 am

Hi all, my name is Renata and I'm addicted to food.

I had my sleeve operation on the 19th of August and must say it was the most horrific thing I have had to endure... in saying that I am excited about what life holds in the future and the changes both physically and mentally on my journey.

I am pretty embarrassed to disclose to my circle of friends and family about the surgery and as such have isolated myself and my husband so really looking for support from this group.

I'm located in western Sydney.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: introducing myself...   introducing myself... Empty

Back to top Go down

introducing myself...
Page 1 of 1