chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Re-Introducing myself! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 8:03 am

Hi nomesy
Glad you're home and all went well.
Take it easy, won't you?
Chris
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyTue 12 Aug 2008, 4:39 am

Okie Dokie,

I'm back and allllllllllllll fixed. He did end up stretching my entrance (that sounds SO rude! hehe) as it was a little small. Apart from my KILLER sore throat I feel SO much better. I can acutally BIRP! OMG its such a nice feeling, I dont think I stopped birping all night lol.

Hope everyone is well :)

nomes Re-Introducing myself! 217555
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 1:31 am

I will certainly try! I might be playing it up tho so hubby gives me the night off (feeding bubs at 11pm heheh).

Nomes xx Re-Introducing myself! 217555
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 1:29 am

Good luck tomorrow, Nomes.

Let us know how you went tomorrow night.

steph
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 1:19 am

yup, did it :)

Its more of a confessional page tho hehe Re-Introducing myself! 842349

Nomes xx
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 12:41 pm

I think maybe it would be a good idea to start a new topic for Scale jumpers, only because it would be of interest to alot of others too. Someone want to start one in post op?
Hayley
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 12:26 pm

Hi Nomes,

Yes I see him at 10.20. It's not far from work so that's good.

So will it be just like having the endoscopy again and you'll be fine the next day? Just wondering because I have a feeling I will need to have it as well.

I'm also a scale jumper. And I have to confess that I used to get on every time I went to bathroom in the beginning but I'm still pretty bad. I have kept a record of my weight every day, the morning and night weight, since surgery. Is anyone else as bad as me?

steph
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 11:31 am

Yup Steph its a day procedure :)
You will obviously be seeing him in the morning. I wont be there til 2pm so we prob will miss eachother.

I have a confession to make, Im a scale jumper lol. I know its bad for me. Especially when I got on this morning and it said I have put the weight back on! DOH! I have to learn, once a week at the MOST! I think I will make Thursdays my weigh in day. Maybe I should get hubby to lock away my scales.

talk soon!
Nomes Re-Introducing myself! 217555
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 5:59 am

Hi Nomes,

Is that just a day procedure you are having? I guess you will be at Western for that.
I go back to see him on Monday too and will be going to his surgery at Western as well.

steph
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 1:09 am

Hiya all Re-Introducing myself! 355206

I went back to see my Doc yesterday and he has booked me in for the endoscopy dialation for monday. He said it may work first time, but also sometimes it takes a couple of goes. Hope it works first time lol

I jumped on the scales, and yep, 0.8kg loss now Re-Introducing myself! 487524 . I'm happy with that, means the scales are moving in the right direction.

Steph, No, I didnt have the Hernia op. Infact Mr F said my insides look like a healthy skinny persons (looks like a good thing I'm attacking my weight early) lol.

Anyhoo, Im on liquids til atleast a week after dialation so I know the scales will start moving again. Will let you all know how I go :)

And thanks, I agree, my daughter is just beautiful (but of course, I am bias!) Re-Introducing myself! 2329

Re-Introducing myself! 217555 Nomes xx
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyWed 06 Aug 2008, 3:02 pm

hi nomes,
good to have you back, and i have to agree with everyone else you bubby is just beautiful....little girls in pink look like angels.
Wow 10 kg in 2 weeks...your body is probably saying what the hell is happening...lol. Im 6 weeks out tomorrow and have lost (including opti) 17kg.....most of that being in the first 2 weeks of the op. Im roughly losing about 1 -1 1/2 kg a week now.....im very happy Re-Introducing myself! 63412

Anyway, glad to have you back

Nicole
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyWed 06 Aug 2008, 2:51 pm

what an adorable baby I could just eat her up :) Weight never comes of steady, it seems to jump and jerk around especially after good loses. By all means weight every week but keep a record of it and look at it over a month is a better indicator. I lose 1/2 kg a week BUT it never comes off like that until you look at it by the month and it is pretty much on the money by a matter of a couple of hundred grams every month. BUT oh did I use to panic when I lost nothing for 2 week chunks hehehehe

I knew I would never be one of those dropping 20kg in 3 months, I just accepted that before I even started I knew that my calorie consumption prior to optifast was rarely over 2000 a day with the odd mega binge. Mix that in with 3 months on optifast and I knew it was going to be slow and steady wins the race hehehe I do think I might be a bit dispointing to some people who watch me but really that is their problem :) Truth is to drop huge numbers fast and over time you had to be consuming mega calories and not a yoyo dieter either. One of the reasons guys do it so much faster than women. They tend not to diet and consume more calories on a regular basis.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyWed 06 Aug 2008, 12:37 pm

Hey nomes,

Did you happen to have a Hiatus hernia op at the same time? Just wondering because both Chris and I have been having the same sort of problems. I go back to see Dr F next monday.

steph
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyWed 06 Aug 2008, 9:13 am

Welcome back!

Your baby is just beautiful... cluck, cluck. :)
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyWed 06 Aug 2008, 8:48 am

Hey nomesy
Sorry to hear you're having problems, but hopefully the doc can sort you out.
Is it painful, or just a pain in the butt?
Yeah 10kg in 2 weeks is a lot. It's terrific, but I wouldn't stress over easing up for the time being.
A couple of the others have had a similar problem, but they usually go back to losing fairly quickly.
Let us know what the doc says!
Chris
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyWed 06 Aug 2008, 8:26 am

Grr, I typed out this big reply and my computer ATE IT! Doh!

Anyhoo, I have been going ok! Have to go back and see Dr France (for sallyanne) tomorrow cause I have been having quite a few problems with regurgitation! Doc thinks the entrance to my stomach may be a bit small so the food is repeating. He thinks I may need another endoscopy next week and a balloon inflation. Its where they place a balloon in the section thats too small and inflate it to stretch the area. Doesn't sound too appealing but I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
Also, a bit sad this week, haven't had a loss AT ALL :[img]http://sm Doc thinks its cause I lost so much to begin with (almost 10kg in 2 weeks) and my body is having a break. I am wondering if its cause I haven't been eating much at all due to the worry of it coming back up!?

Anyhoo, thats my news, how is everyone else going? Re-Introducing myself! 217555
Back to top Go down
sallyanne
sallyanne

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyWed 06 Aug 2008, 12:15 am

hi NOmes

i was sleeved on the 5th August
who was your surgeon
and your baby is lovely
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyTue 05 Aug 2008, 11:02 pm

Hey, Nomes, great to have you back.
How are you handling it all?
Your little girl is gorgeous!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyTue 05 Aug 2008, 2:32 pm

Hey You Nomes!!

How are you lovely? And your beautiful little family??
I hope your recovery is moving along very well.
Sorry about the log in problems, I have no idea what happened. Do you want me to look into it?
Welcome back anyhow!

Re-Introducing myself! 65317
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyTue 05 Aug 2008, 2:15 pm

Hello again! How are you coping? Good to see you back, tell us how you are feeling as I'm only 10 days behind you!
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyTue 05 Aug 2008, 12:45 pm

Hey Nomes,

I'm glad you finally got back to us.
Your little girl is absolutely gorgeous.
How are you feeling 3 weeks on and how have you coped with a baby as well?

steph
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female

PostSubject: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! EmptyTue 05 Aug 2008, 12:29 pm

Hello, Hello Hello!!

Just thought I would re-introduce myself!! I was on as Mrsnomes but the forum wouldn't let me log in so I had to create another tag Re-Introducing myself! 697586

For all of you who don't know me, I was sleeved on July 17th. Its been almost 3 weeks for me now. I was booked in in Feb after the delivery of my beautiful daughter. SHe is now 12 weeks!
<<<<<<<<<<< Ain't she adorable!!

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and chatting soon Re-Introducing myself! 355206 Re-Introducing myself! 120705
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-Introducing myself!   Re-Introducing myself! Empty

Back to top Go down

Re-Introducing myself!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: