Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glenice

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-01-07

Interesting read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting read   Interesting read EmptyMon 19 Oct 2015, 2:09 am

Hi Folks

I am just over 18 months post sleeve have lost 45 kg with another 20 to go. Its still a journey for me.

I read the Pouch for Dummies article and it explains sooooo much that was NEVER explained to me by either the dietitian or my surgeon, at least not in the common sense terms this article uses. 

I was worried that the pouch wasn't working when I started to feel hunger pangs again - not so - it's normal.  That would have been GREAT to know. My surgeon told me they'd be history.  Not so, but now I know how to battle this and hopefully will be back to losing weight again!!

I also have a habit of drinking and eating together.  NOW I KNOW why I've struggled with the hunger pangs - this has now been explained and it makes perfect sense!

Thanks for posting this information - I found it extremely helpful.
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Interesting read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting read   Interesting read EmptyMon 07 Sep 2015, 1:14 pm

Intersting read.
Although, I can't drink a cup of water at a time! (15 months out)
It takes an effort for me to drink a botle of water, I constantly have to take sips to do it.  It can take me about 30 minutes of effort to drink 250ml.
Back to top Go down
innerninja
innerninja

Female
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Interesting read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting read   Interesting read EmptyMon 07 Sep 2015, 12:13 pm

Thanks, a good read
Interesting read 725676
Back to top Go down
JadziaOz
JadziaOz

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2015-08-16

Interesting read Empty
PostSubject: Interesting read   Interesting read EmptyMon 07 Sep 2015, 5:22 am

I know this article is about bypass, but I believe some of it might be useful for us sleevers, too. Especially for anyone considering revision form sleeve-to-bypass now or in the future. (or already done so)

Pouch Rules For Dummies

It's a long read, but very interesting. Please take the actual directions with a grain of salt and always only do what your surgeon and dietician advises you to do. I simply thought the information about the pouch "re-growing" over the first two years and the results thereof might be pertinent to all of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interesting read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting read   Interesting read Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting read
Page 1 of 1