AuthorMessage
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

2 very interesting articles Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 very interesting articles   2 very interesting articles EmptyTue 10 May 2016, 10:13 am

Yes, the second article explains metabolism much better, and that WLS is far superior to any yo-yo dieting.

The first one scared me too!
However, it dealt with extremes, such as the Biggest Loser and the consequences of unsustainable rapid weight loss and unrealistic exercise regime.

So, we keep on trucking, and at a steady pace     :)
Back to top Go down
Fat-to-Fit
Part of the furniture
Fat-to-Fit

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 2 very interesting articles   2 very interesting articles EmptyTue 10 May 2016, 8:14 am

Far out - I read the first one and freaked out a little. I was on the lower BMI for WLS, and in the last 6 mths I've lost almost 1/3 of my body weight (!!)  - partly because I have always had a good metabolism (when I fuel myself properly!) and I really don't want it to slow down. the second article settled my nerves a little ! Thanks for sharing, Margo
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: 2 very interesting articles   2 very interesting articles EmptyTue 10 May 2016, 1:57 am

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html?emc=edit_th_20160502&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=40256033&_r=1

Deals with extreme ways of rapid weight loss and its consequences, plus a mention of WLS and food addictions

2. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/05/05/why-the-weight-loss-study-everyone-has-been-sharing-is-kind-of-misleading/

This balances out the first article, with good news for WLS re metabolic penalty being lot less, and disappearing. 
Slower rate of weight loss is much better, and except for professional athletes, who can spend or want to spend 7 hours in a gym each day .....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 very interesting articles   2 very interesting articles Empty

Back to top Go down

2 very interesting articles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: