Annden

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Plateaus!!!!!!!   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2008, 10:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Everyone

Can anyone that has had plateaus remember the length ie in weeks of the plateau. Im nearly two weeks at the same weight. Im hoping Im going to drop some weight soon. Anybody else have this experience?

Annden Plateau - Page 4 697586
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jillybean
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 10:55 am

Well done Ricey - enjoy the high!!!
Hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 9:39 am

Congrats on breaking that barrier, Ricie - it's a great feeling, isn't it? You're doing well!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 8:49 am

Whatever the reason for the high, just enjoy the ride :)
Back to top Go down

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:33 am

yeah, I am so high...I am not sure if it's cause I cracked it or all the coffee I drank at work today cause no work to do! I think I did 5 minutes work, 40 minutes coffee break for 4.5 hours!
Back to top Go down
jotane
jotane

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:30 am

yeah thanks, i dont weigh myself all the time..once or twice a week... sorry for my rantings..i think im just having one of those days!...and congrats ricey
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 7:05 am

Congratulations Ricecake. Each time you break into a new "decade" it feels great doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 6:55 am

Great news RC you have done it congrads

Cheers Sue Plateau - Page 4 63412
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 6:52 am

good to hear Ricecake! congrats on breaking the 120's. glad that optifast is doing the job for you.

i am going to try having one free day, followed by one optislim day a week to see if that shakes things up for me. i am losing at the moment but just don't want it to stop again. will make free day a thursday, my shopping day and friday is my busiest day so hopefully i can stick to it. there is another high protein, low carb diet that does something similiar to this, so i thought i will test it out.

cheers
tracey
Back to top Go down

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 6:40 am

jotane, I have days where I can go up a kilo in a day then takes a few days to drop..mine really swings. I dont normally weigh myself everyday, but just lately have because I wanted to crack that 120 so badly.

Anyway, 2 days on optifast now and I FINALLY cracked the 120Kg...119.8Kg this morning.

It has really spurred me on to keep going on it for the next week.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 4:28 am

But with Jenny Craig the weight came back on Jotane. Our sleeves and the results (if we remain diligent) are for life. 1.3kg is a blip on the radar in the scheme of things. Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
jotane
jotane

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 2:22 am

hey ricecake i was sleeved a week before you and i have also plateaued. actually the scale told me i put on 1.3 kg this week...which has got me down cause i feel like i have a long way to go. i have also started back on optislim...just for b'fast and bought myself a wii active.....will see how i go i guess. it amazes me that i can eat so little yet nothing is coming off...this reminds me when i was on jenny craig...same s**t different day
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 1:50 am

Thanks everybody for being so supportive and helpful with all your comments - you all rock - I love ya all.
I will keep you posted.
Hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:34 pm

Hi guys
maybe change your exercise routine.your body gets use to the same type of moving so mix it up , see how you g just maybe we might get those scales o go down
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 5:26 pm

Shanna - good point in the diuretics. While I drink non-decaf coffee at home (and I shouldn't even be doing that), my second cup at work is fully caffeinated which is a diuretic. After that cup, I switch over to my water/crystal lite for the rest of the day; but I'm wondering if the second cup (and perhaps even the first) is enough to cause the issue.

As to salt, that's not a problem as I don't season anything at this point (and never have), so that should not be the problem.

So, the carbs in the bread and the caffeine in the coffee may be the issues for me at this point. Hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 5:05 pm

Thanks for the advice Tracey. I definitely do intend to take things slowly. I did think about posting something here for you lovely ladies that might have remembered my March melt-down, but to be honest my expectations were not huge for our meet-up last Sunday so I thought I would see how things panned out before jumping the gun.
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 3:56 pm

hey Jilly,

hope those wretched scales move soon for you.

i am eating nearly the exact same as you, except for coke zero or wine. (my bellys choice, not mine. lol)
my weight loss was a lot slower than most others and stalled a few times earlier on when everyone else seemed to losing heaps but now has been moving steadily since after easter.
which is the same time i started on the wii fit. it is really just like playing games and i only do between 40-50 mins about 4 times a week but it is enough to keep scales moving. i was using an cardio ab twist thing for 15 mins a day but it was making my stomach really sore so will save that for later on ...my next stall?

i have come to the conclusion i am either a late bloomer or a slow learner. lol

Ricie, i hope the optifast gets things moving again for you to, and those meds drop off just as quick.

Deb, i was wondering the same thing as jilly. i can understand you building walls after his previous behaviour but i do hope that maybe this time round you can make a go of things with the PT. take it slow gorgeous, he will soon relise you are so worth hanging around for. if nothing else, you have gained back a good friend.

shanna, thanks for the advice on salt, something i will take onboard myself as i know i have far too much.

hugs all
tracey
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 3:26 pm

Try eliminating all salt- not just regular table salt but making sure that all the foods you choose are very, very low in sodium. You can even research foods that are natural diuretics. I had plateaued for about 4 or 5 weeks and went back on my diuretic and dropped 5 pounds in one week.
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 2:32 pm

I'm like Kaili. I'm also at a plateau in spite of the regular exercise and diet. I have to admit that I reintroduced bread in at lunchtime a couple months back and I think I need to take it back out. Other than that, the only thing that I'm seeing different is that my stomach is toning up (less loose skin), perhaps from the exercising. The weight loss part is becoming VERY frustrating as I am sure that I'll not reach my goal (see below) that I set at the time of my surgery. (sigh). I still intend to redouble my efforts and get there ultimately, though. My one year follow-up is in July and I hope that I'll have *something* to show for it other than I haven't lost weight, but haven't gained it back either, which is a new experience for me - the plateau has always been my downfall in the past.
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 1:54 pm

Hey Jilly.

I've been on a plateau for three months as well (and noone can say I don't do enough exercise).

I know how it can get you feeling down though, especially when everyone else seems to be doing so much better than you.

I just keep reminding myself that my weight has been going in the right direction, and how much fitter and healthier I am now then I was 12 months ago. And I'm mostly positive it will get moving again!

Good luck,

Kaili.
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 12:19 pm

Thank you all for your comments - I will take on board what you have suggested. I think I do need to exercise a bit more thats for sure.
I definitely eat more than you Fadding - I can eat a whole homemade sandwich with the crusts off with not too much filling - when I drink a can of zero it takes me probably 2 hours to drink it in a glass with ice in it but it just gives me a bit of sweetness that I sometimes crave and I eat my main meal out of a small 1 cup bowl and probably have three quarters of it and like you I always eat the meat first. I had a lean cuisine tonight as forgot to take meat out of freezer - one of those ones that you get 2 portions in the pack, I ate one half and I was really full after that.
Anyway girls thanks for all the tips - thought I would put it on the forum as I guess most of us plateau at some time and it maybe helpful to someone else going through the same thing.
I sure will yell Chris when I break that barrier.
Hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 11:05 am

Hey Jillybean
Yes, we all plateau, and like I tell the others - check your measurements when you plateau, because this seems to be the time when size goes down more than weight.
It's frustrating, but then I've heard that the last 10kg you have to lose are the hardest too (sorry, don't know yet from personal experience).
But moving more will definitely help - even if it's just walking to the letterbox and back half a dozen times a day, if that's more than you usually do, it will help!
Best wishes, and I look forward to hearing you yell when you break that barrier!
Chris
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:25 am

FaddingAway wrote:
Jilly
we all plateau , some longer than others
I have always measured my food. still do most of the time. I can only fit in 1/3 cup of anything, I have my protein part 1st then see what else can go in.lol. I could no way drink a whole can of any fizzy drink or water for that matter, 3mouth fulls and no more or I'd be sick. I f I were you I would have a little drink before eating, or go back to opti for a week to shrink you tummy back again.
my days eating / drinking is a typical day
coffee, no milk in coffee
water with my vitamins
a bit less than 1/3 cup of toasted muesli with top up to 1/3rd nuts
water
coffee , no milk
1/2 apple
1/2 sandwich no crust say ham cheese tomato
coffee , no milk
1/2 apple or a yummy biscuit
meat with vegetables: table spoon mashed potato,5 corn 5peas, 2 baby carrots,lol I don't count just being funny , there is not much there anyway , lots of gravy 1/3rd cup max all together . I eat this off a bread plate . and there is heaps of room around the plate
on naughty days ,little bit of ice cream with topping
coffee , no milk

I am even pushing to eat that much!
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:15 am

Jilly
we all plateau , some longer than others
I have always measured my food. still do most of the time. I can only fit in 1/3 cup of anything, I have my protein part 1st then see what else can go in.lol. I could no way drink a whole can of any fizzy drink or water for that matter, 3mouth fulls and no more or I'd be sick. I f I were you I would have a little drink before eating, or go back to opti for a week to shrink you tummy back again.
my days eating / drinking is a typical day
coffee, no milk in coffee
water with my vitamins
a bit less than 1/3 cup of toasted muesli with top up to 1/3rd nuts
water
coffee , no milk
1/2 apple
1/2 sandwich no crust say ham cheese tomato
coffee , no milk
1/2 apple or a yummy biscuit
meat with vegetables: table spoon mashed potato,5 corn 5peas, 2 baby carrots,lol I don't count just being funny , there is not much there anyway , lots of gravy 1/3rd cup max all together . I eat this off a bread plate . and there is heaps of room around the plate
on naughty days ,little bit of ice cream with topping
coffee , no milk
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:13 am

Hi there,

I am 4 months out and have been plateuing for the last 3 weeks, which is quite frustrating., after quite nicely loosing 23kgs (about 10kgs to go til I am what I want to be - only 6 kgs to Drs' "sustainable goal" weight).

I also think I am eating a lot more than I used to over the last few weeks - probably because of the cold. think I used to take in about 1000- 1200 per day prior to the past few weeks. Recently I have been probably eating 1500 per day... probably because I can eat larger amounts than in the less-than-3-month-post-surgery time period. Also, as I said elsewhere, the novelty factor aint' so strong anymore!

BUT having said that, I sure ain't eating as much as I used to in a day, so I would like to think the weight still should be slowly reducing, but it isn't!

I haven't done any exercise, so perhaps I'll break out my shoes and go for a couple of walks, but honestly finding the time is difficult.

I am trying to get my head around going the Optifast thing for 2 meals and high protein meal for one, but it aint there yet!

Sophia

I
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 3:32 am

Keep your chin up Jilly. It will come off. I have everything crossed for you.

Eternlslady that's a great idea about the washing. I've been folding in the laundry as I can't pick up the baskets - only 3 weeks out - and getting the rest of the family to carry them upstairs. Your idea is a brilliant one and I am going to do it from now on.

Redkat, a three month plauteau must be driving you mad. It's good to hear you have such a positive attitude towards it. I think I would have spat the dummy big time if it was me.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 EmptyTue 09 Jun 2009, 3:27 am

Sorry you've been feeling Blah Jilly. Let me know when that 99kg mark comes up and I will party with you.

It was the PT. He rang the weekend before last to respond to my coffee invitation from March!
I sent him an email letting him have it ie do you normally take several months to a coffee invitation? I told him he was controlling and I had seen no evidence that he had the emotional maturity to handle a long term relationship. Certainly didn't expect to hear back from him after that!

God guys are morons. Do you have to abuse them to get them to like you?
Anyway he seems dead keen but I am very reserved right now as I don't want to play the game again. Just friends for now. Will keep you updated on any developments and will definitely make it clear to him next time we meet that if he spits it and decides not to talk to me again I will not respond to any calls or emails from him in the future.

Men!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plateau - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plateau
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next