Annden

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Plateaus!!!!!!!   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2008, 10:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Everyone

Can anyone that has had plateaus remember the length ie in weeks of the plateau. Im nearly two weeks at the same weight. Im hoping Im going to drop some weight soon. Anybody else have this experience?

Annden Plateau - Page 3 697586
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
glittergirl

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 10:45 pm

My dietician told me i should be getting 60 grams of protein a day, and about 500 calories. So i reckon 800 sounds alright, but see what your dietician says, i'd be keen to hear xx
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 8:41 pm

Shannon I done a check on my calorie intake for a couple of days on Calorie King, and my average daily intake in also around 800 calories.

I seen my dietician last Thursday she is happy with my progress and I am meeting all the requirements.

Eventually your body has to release you are not trying the starve yourself.
Plateau - Page 3 217555 Plateau - Page 3 217555
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 8:11 pm

Thanks everyone, I'm trying to keep my chin up. I joined Calorie King and put my food for the day in and it came up that I am getting on average 800cals a day...this seems pretty low as it calculated that I need 2000cals a day. Do cals matter now that we're sleeved? I know that seems like a dumb question but has my body slipped into famine mode and is this why I'm not losing weight? Do I need to snack more? I have a phone consultation with my dietitian on Friday, but what does everyone think? Plateau - Page 3 697586 Getting enough protein- around 50g.
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 2:52 am

it may be fluid retention, or body shock, but it could also be another period even if you arent due just yet, as weight loss can affect when and how often you get them.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 1:26 am

I think it may just be a shock to the body after the op.... I did not lose any last week either and that was my 4th week..... don't stress it will come off.......
Back to top Go down
glittergirl
glittergirl

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 12:30 am

Hi Shannon - i had surgery the day before you and feeling just as disheartened as you. Last week i had PUT ON 2kgs, and this week i've lost 1.5kg... even still i am not below the number i was a few weeks ago and i have been feeling very bummed.

I too have been suffering from major fatigue and i'm waiting on blood tests cos they're concerned about my iron. But the past week i've also been really sick with Tonsillitis so i haven't been doing much at all.

Even still, i would've thought that i would still be losing weight considering the meagre amount of food my body is getting!! Lets stay strong together and see how we go.... maybe it's a "week 4/5" thing??
Plateau - Page 3 542174
xoxo
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female
Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 10:56 pm

Hi Shannon,

Its a real B%TCH when that happens! You know you are pretty much doing all the right things and you even feel lighter/thinner and then you get on those blastered scales and??...........................nothing. You get off them and ensure that they are set on zero and you hop on again and??................nothing. FAR OUT!!!!!!!!!! (gee that expression is showing my age, lol)

BUT, the beauty is that once that line moves down, and you know it will, you will NEVER EVER see it there again!!

take good care
B

acupuncture
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 10:55 pm

Hang in there Shannon, it will happen. Plateau - Page 3 217555 Plateau - Page 3 217555
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 10:48 pm

Hi Everyone, I thought I'd start this thread up again as I have had no loss for a week and a half now...I am getting quite disheartened by it stalling so soon after surgery. I feel fatigued and not up to starting exercise yet, although I have started moving around more since dropping some weight. I am eating according to my dietitians instructions and have forgetten to take my vitamins only a couple of times...water is starting to become a problem as I forget to drink...will have to make more of an effort there. Having read through this I know it will start moving again but I'm just so bummed at the moment that I couldn't resist having a whinge! Thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:35 pm

Hiya,
Glad that things are moving again, it's a bugger when you stop for a bit. You are doing great !!!

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Pricey
Pricey

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 10:35 am

I think it is so important to have scales that also give you your body fat percentage. For the last 6 or 8 weeks my weight has dropped slightly but my BF% is falling rapidaly still. And when you calculate it out it work out to be about .5 to 1 kilo a week of fat, being replaced by almost the same amount of muscle.
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wpyK6Cc/]
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009, 9:45 pm

Fantastic news Mariat Plateau - Page 3 446871
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009, 7:40 pm

Thats great news mariat :)

They are such a pain when you are trying hard and doing the right things!! I used to hit one on any diet prior to surgery and that would be enough to make me give up...even tho I knew what was happening and that it would pass...its still disheartening :) At least now we all know that with the sleeve even tho we might still hit a plateau..it wont stick around for long

Did you take your measurements??? I really find that helps when the scales dont move Plateau - Page 3 65317
Back to top Go down
mariat
mariat

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009, 10:27 am

thank you all for your kind support..... it has kept me on the right track to keep with it.

and guess what ???? ............. its started to come off again, albeit slowly.. but off is off !!

thanks again
mariat. kiss
Back to top Go down
invisiblenomore

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 6:08 am

I have hit 2 different plateaus since having the sleeve. Just keep doing what you are doing. Have you started adding weights to your exercise regimen? That would also help. As long as you are doing some exercise you will continue to lose so just be positive.
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 3:38 am

Lynette has it down to a fine art. usually a plateau is an "adjustment period" where the body just needs to slow a little... the main thing is that you don't put on weight! (well apart from usual fluid intake differences in weight, and TTOM). Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 3:07 am

Please don't stress Mariat, it is normal to plataeu. I plataeu all the time, may go weeks without loosing a thing, then suddenly drop 2 kgs. Your body fluctuates all the time depending on so many things, fluid, putting on muscle, that time of the month. Just keep going. Your body can also go into starvation mode if you don't eat enough and when that happens it is basically saying to you hold on what's going on and will hang on to everything. Just a minor correction from the post below, you don't actually turn fat into muscle as they are two completely different types of body cells, however, if you exercise you will increase the amount lean muscle mass and reduce your % body fat and muscles cells do weight more than fat cells. If you click on my weight loss ticker, it will show you all the plataeus that I have experienced on a chart.
As I said, it is normal to plataeu.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 10:41 pm

I am 2 months out today and this week I didn't lose anything. I am on a bit of a downer too. BUT..... I did lose cms from my body. I feel slimmer than the weeks I actually lost weight on the scales. Still does your head in tho and sorta feel like "Is this it"! I have said to many people that I would be happy to stay here but that was when the weight was coming off. LOL I want to lose another 10 kgs yet at least.
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:45 pm

Hi Mariat :)

I also believe your mum is right :) I also exercise and dont eat very much...I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, play netball once a week and do 3 aqua classes too.

I use Calorie King (www.calorieking.com.au) to keep track on my intake and have been way below my expected calorie intake on a number of occasions...so if thats the case I up the protein a little more that day.

I had a stall about 2 weeks ago and asked the same questions you did...its funny last week I exercised every day, this week so far I did 2 x aqua classes on monday and thats been it as my daughter has been sick and I havent left the house...and I have dropped weight every day...about 400g each day Plateau - Page 3 697586

Just remember that the execising is adding muscle...well turning fat into muscle...lol so it will weigh heavier...frankly I would prefer to lose weight slowly and be toning every step of the way to elleviate and excess skin at the end...even if I do have some at least I have done my best to get rid of it :)

Keep doing what you are doing...do measure yourself cause it will show there if it is not on the scales...and if it is just a plateau then it will eventually shift with an almight thud...lol

Dont give up!!!

xx Kyles

PS: I just did the maths on the pounds/kgs thing and you have lost like 17.7kgs....thats pretty damn good!!! I wouldnt be stressing just yet lovely :)

Last edited by Kyles on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I worked out the pound/kg thang :))
Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 7:01 pm

If you have a read around the forums this is common. Take measurements, stick to the plan.

You have made this change for the rest of your life so two weeks is nothing. My stall was over 6 weeks so I understand.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 1:39 pm

I am not sleeved yet but your mum could be right..... I am sure someone on here will be able to help you!
Back to top Go down
mariat
mariat

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: 2 1/2 months in and no weight loss for 2 weeks now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 1:27 pm

can anyone offer me some advice please....

i am 2 1/2 months after my op and was loosing really well until 2 weeks ago - it has just stopped. i thought that i would have good loss until at least 6 months out.
i excercise 3 times a week for about an hour each time. i am taking my vitamins and have one protein drink a day to keep that up.
my food is generally protein based and low-fat. i dont know what i am doing wrong ?
my mum seems to think im not eating enough to burn calories - is that true ?
my usual daily meals are :
breakfast - protein shake
lunch - small portion of chicken and egg
dinner - small portion of fish and veg
snack - 1 piece of fruit.
decaff coffee and squash throughout the day.

uaarggughaghggg.... im really frustrated - please help me someone ?!?!?!??!? Plateau - Page 3 68366
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 11:54 pm

go ricecake
Back to top Go down

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 3:50 pm

thanks girls!! Been fixing a cross stitch this evening, I was 2mm out and had an obsessive attack. Plateau - Page 3 595690 So, I unpickwd it and did it again

Anyway, even though I promised myself i wouldn't get on the scales again, i decided to get on tonight to see how much I weighed still and was 119.3Kg, Plateau - Page 3 542174 I might even crack the high 118's by the morning.

When things slow down on optifast, I will go onto the normal food again unless I crack before then. Or do the optifast transitional stage on the optifast website.
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 12:44 pm

well done Ricecake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plateau - Page 3 217555 Plateau - Page 3 542174
Great work!!
Sophia
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Plateau - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plateau   Plateau - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 10:55 am

Well done Ricey - enjoy the high!!!