Denise1971
Tamara
Caz
FaddingAway
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Anyone not exercising - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySat 30 May 2009, 4:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

are there any lazy people like me not exersing yet? I'm still losing without exercise but know that will eventually stop so figured I'd start then.

Just wondering if anyone else is in the lazy boat with me.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Denise1971

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 11:41 am

Hi Mike,
Definately put the bike in front of the tv. They have them in fornt of the tv at the gym I go to makes it a bit more pleasurable if you can watch the tele whilst exercising. I start exercising on my exercise bike in front of the tv.

cheers
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 10:20 am

read what I said in the other thread aobut the recumbent bike. like sitting on an office chair and quiet a few are rated at over 200kg PLUS they are low and easy to get on not like a stupid exercise bike. thing crawls up your bum and makes you feel like you are so unstable up there when heavy. If you go to ebay and type in recumbent bike you will see lots of pictures of them and how easy they are to use :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 6:20 am

I agree that a recumbent bike sounds like the better option for you - much better for your back, and I've found I could use light hand weights to add to the exercise as well. I found the normal bikes were just way too uncomfortable.

Why don't you try renting one to start with to make sure it will work for you.

Keep up the great work!

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 6:17 am

Hey Mike,
Firstly, good on you for asking for help with it - at least that means there's a bit of you that wants to exercise!
I'm getting near my healthy weight now, but I still hate exercising. Although it's easier to move myself around, I still get sweaty and short of breath (I'm still very unfit, and a smoker - although I'm using NRT atm to try and quit, feel free to PM me abusive "stop smoking" messages, everyone). I've found distraction is the only way to go for me.
I bought myself a recumbent exercise bike - these can be pretty pricey, but they're lower impact on your back (mine's stuffed), and I find them more comfy. If you're not familiar with them, they involve sitting in a normal chair position (low to the ground), with your legs out in front of you, rather than underneath you and bending forward at the waist.
I can't fit mine in my lounge or bedroom (where the TVs are), sadly, so I go for music to distract me. More often than not, I also wait till I'm really pissed off about something - I have type 2 bipolar, so this happens frequently :) - and then put on my angry, loud, pumping playlist and go for it. This helps me, but anything that will distract you would probably help. If you can exercise in front of the TV, you can even do a spinning-type program, where you cycle / walk easily during the program and sprint hell-for-leather in the ad breaks - I do this with my lying down or thera-band back exercises.
Best of luck to you, and sorry for waffling.
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009, 10:23 am

Hi Mike
Has your physio given you exercises for while you are sitting as well ? Otherwise in front of the tv is a great distraction and makes the time go faster

Cheers Sue Anyone not exercising - Page 2 63412
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009, 3:19 am

i agree with BG put it in front of the tv you might find that you get so caught up with what is on that you do more than 10 mins.....its worth a try
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009, 3:05 am

Hi Mike- Why not put your bike in front of the TV? My mum has her treadmill in front of the tv in the bedroom (their room is huge) and watches while shes working out... far better than nothing to amuse you. I go to a gym, and I take earphones to tune in to the tv when im on the bikes and cross trainers... helps the time pass quickly, and you would be surprised how quick 10 min is a couple of times a day! good luck, and congrats on doing something BGx
Back to top Go down
Mike1616
Part of the furniture
Mike1616

Male
Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009, 2:34 am

Anyone not exercising - Page 2 877290 Ok, this is a little serious as I am currently over 235kgs and can barely walk any way, so exercising is quite painful unless it's walking in 4.5 feet deep (or higher) water Pool so there is little pressure on my back, thighs, knees & calves.
I have recently been informed by my physio that an exercise bike would be acceptable for me to use 2 or 3 times a day for about 10 minutes each time.
Anyone not exercising - Page 2 68366 But I don't want to, I just want to sit on my bum and watch TV Anyone not exercising - Page 2 65317
But of course I have family watching and helping motivate me, #$&*!!@$$%+= FAMILY
Anyone not exercising - Page 2 217555 Really, if not for them I'd probably be in the ground right now. So bring on the help and especially the motivation, I appreciate it all. kiss

until next time
mike1616
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyTue 02 Jun 2009, 3:47 am

I completely agree with Lucy.

To me, it's about being healthy and active. I don't 'exercise'. I keep active, doing things I enjoy.

And, just because you're skinny, it doesn't mean you're healthy.

Kaili.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyTue 02 Jun 2009, 12:45 am

You're doing the best sort of exercise Nemo - exercise that is an integral part of your daily life.

I only hate exercise when it is called that - I love doing active things, just not exercising!!!
Back to top Go down
Nemo
Nemo

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyTue 02 Jun 2009, 12:38 am

EEEEEEEEEK!!!!! Excercise.........what a dirty word. Hate exercise and I don't do it. Probably the reason I got overweight in the first place. The only time I ever deliberately exercised I stuffed my knee.
I feel I get more than enough exercise running after two over active boys, or should I say 3 boys if I include the husband. I also ride my horses 3 - 4 times a weeks and clean out stables, feed up etc, etc so I guess in reality I am exercising.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 Jun 2009, 9:56 am

I don't exercise and never have really as I lose weight without it. Would like to tone up though.

steph
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 8:35 pm

I'm with you too, Lucy - need to do something you like or else you won't do anything. Hence the belly dancing!
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 2:14 pm

I did exercise awhile back always at the gym loved it nothing really csame before me going to the gym i did real well went from being 130kgs to 95kgs in one year all on my own so maybe it will be a case of trying to get off my butt and doing something its a good point you make Lucy so wen im over all my stress ive had the last 6 to 8 months il take sometime out for me and i might even give up smoking one thing at a time

Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 1:43 pm

I'm exactly like you Lucy. Once I get started I really enjoy it. It's just the getting started that I have trouble with. I'm still using the post op excuse at the moment but that won't last for long.

I do plan on getting back on my abdominiser thingy when I get the all clear from Dr P. I must start on the treadmill next week and work up slowly again. I also love walking down by the river with my Ipod on full bore. Gotta get back into that too. Thanks for motivating me.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
lucy i
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 1:18 pm

Hi Guys

I have changed my view of exercise from something I have to do to lose weight, to something I have to do to look after my heart and body. I know how hard it can be to be motivated to do it, but after everything we have done to be healthier, I just think it's so important for us to look after our bodies, so as we get older our bodies will in return hopefully be kinder to us.

I am lucky though that I'm one of those people that I don't actually hate doing exercise, it's just hard to get started, but when I do I can honestly say I really enjoy it. There are so many different ways to exercise - just try and find something you enjoy, otherwise you will never do it.

Lucy i
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 11:21 am

Nah im lazy i walk to pick my grandson up from school maybe once a fortnigte very slack i do alot of window shopping so i guess thats a wee bit

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 9:53 am

Hi there
I'm in the lazy group too.
True, I've started belly dancing recently, and walking most days, but that's just now - it's taken me until now to start doing it!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 4:37 am

I try for the exercise bike a couple of times a week but it seems to be more like a couple of time a month at the moment. I'm trying to get over the flu and as soon as thats gone I'm going to do the gym thing.
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 2:00 am

I dont do any exercise apart from the odd walk here or there, having said that I do quite a bit of incidental exercise (I park in the furtherest car park at uni and stuff like that). As soon as exams are over I want to start doing body pump.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 1:27 am

Move over Ricey, i'm getting in there with you!
I'm the laziest person to ever draw breath! Good thing breathing is a reflex or i'd be too lazy to do that too! LOL!

I figured i'd start exercising when the loss stalled. But i didn't have to :) Got to goal without doing the tiniest scrap of the vile stuff!. Mind you I only had to lose 30kg (only..pppffftttt!)
I might have had to if i was any heavier. And, mind you as well. I should probably do some to tone up a bit. But i'll think about that tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySun 31 May 2009, 1:26 am

Me (blush).

I'm trying to move more and just started a yoga class, but don't do any cardio.

So you aren't alone!
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySat 30 May 2009, 6:55 pm

you will lose for a while but can increase your lose with walking or skipping or anything really. Remember there is a window of time for maximum weight loss. So go for the top amount able
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 EmptySat 30 May 2009, 4:31 pm

are there any lazy people like me not exersing yet? I'm still losing without exercise but know that will eventually stop so figured I'd start then.

Just wondering if anyone else is in the lazy boat with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone not exercising
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2