30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angeleque

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-12-21

Anyone not exercising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 10:05 am

Just wanted to say thank to all private messages of support in defense of negative criticism by others

To those who view my postings as negative rather than merely encouragement and intended motivation
I doubt there is anything further that I could add or say nor do I any longer have the desire...

I wish you all well and exit graciously

Angeleque
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 8:05 am

Jiggly Puff - you're doing a wonderful job with your weight loss and exercise so keep up the good work! We're all a bit flabby so don't you worry about it. At least you're on the road to good health and that's what counts.

Aquarius
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptySat 12 Feb 2011, 3:52 am

I am 3 months post op and have been exercising since about 6 weeks post op. I really hate any form of exercise so I have chosen activities that I can live with- Cycling (with my big bum hanging over the seat lol), walk aerobics, circuit training, yoga and weights.

I have started to notice muscles in my arms, but the flab is still hanging down :/ Oh well at least the muscles are there, even if they are encased in flabby skin.

I am realistic enough to realise that no amount of toning is going to make me bikini-ready but I am feeling better/stronger as a result of the exercises. I just hope the motivation lasts, I have decided to be selfish for this 1st year out from surgery and put my health first...hard to do when the house looks like a bomb hit it or paperwork is building up!

well done everyone on your weight loss, no matter which path you take to reach your goals :D

Back to top Go down
Angeleque

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyFri 11 Feb 2011, 7:30 pm

well for someone like me who loved to exercise I found it really hard to get into folllowing surgery
I admit taken me eights weeks to get into it and now into my second week and the addiction is back :))))))))))

I survived a zumba class the other night mmmmmmmmmm well hot shower afterwards felt like heaven...

so any one else who is finding it hard start slow.... dont give up then routine will set in
i had the alarm set first night - i was up 10 mins before the alarm the next - hence no more alarm

i am constantly asked if any regreats - never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am over my food frustrations - just enjoying in the feeling and looking great - I am back :)))))))))))

keep it up everyone....
Angeleque
Back to top Go down
footprints

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyThu 27 Jan 2011, 11:47 am

Edit: nevermind. I found what I was asking for. :-)
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyMon 13 Dec 2010, 9:53 am

I have just started to exercise, I don't like it and I never have. I'm not an overly active person anyway - I love a movie or two, when I go to Manly or the Quay, I like to people watch. I do like to window shop but I like leaving that shopping centre just as much as I like the shopping.

But as I have read in some of the older posts - I am also more active since losing some weight. I am not as reluctant to move as I once was ... I guess it doesn't hurt as much.

But the weight loss has really slowed to a mere trickle. I think my body has done all ilt can do on its own and unfortunately I am not one of the lucky ones who just has their weight fall off them so it's a walking I shall go.

I did go to Curves for a few weeks, I found it good and way so much better than the general testosterone filled gyms but I really don't like being locked into anything and my husband is a "committment freak" - if you sign up to the gym you must go, blah, blah, blah ... so to keep domestic harmony I was happy to give that away.

He even hassles me, well until recently about not walking everyday "if you start it you should keep doing it" ... he's Dutch and like 99% of his fellow country men & woman - he was born while his mother was riding a bike and he started riding before he could walk! We had a very serious talk and I just told him if he nags me I will do the opposite ... so he's backed off.

But it was good to find this thread ... I actually didn't come into the exercise spot because I thought I'd be the only one who didn't exercise or didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
9jamama
9jamama

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyTue 07 Dec 2010, 9:19 pm

It's interesting to read just how different everyone is. I guess just as no one diet fits all, clearly no one exercise routine (or lack thereof!) suits all.

I personally enjoy exercising - let me rephrase; I love the feeling I get when I'm about 5 minutes into my routine. That's about how long it takes me to get over the "Kill me now" phase. But more important, over time I have found that exercise has significant and fairly quick impact on my blood pressure. As of today, after 3 weeks of faithfully exercising 5 days a week (elliptical trainer) my bp's 110/70, the lowest it's been in about a year. The numbers were so good, for a change I didn't get a mini-lecture from the doctor about my weight!

Plus, it has definitely helped me shift weight much faster than Opti-yuck alone...

Oh. I should add (in case anyone reading this think's I'm some kind of paragon), I'm single, no kids and live alone. So really, what else am I going to do with my time?? Anyone not exercising 369315

:-)

Eneze
Back to top Go down
JayNay
Part of the furniture
JayNay

Female
Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptySun 18 Apr 2010, 6:30 am

Thanks for this thread - I've been a hesitant to admit that I have done no exercise at all. I'm a bit over 6 months post op and almost at my goal of 69Kg. To be honest I feel very week and just to tired to do it. I'm a Mum of 3 small kids and a Hubby and I work four days a week. I feel so lazy compared to what I used to be like at my biggest weight. After I do the house work I am totally stuffed. I find it very very hard to get out of bed in the morning. Going to the Surgeon soon, so I plan to ask him what can I do for more energy. I know I probably don't eat enough Protein.

I'm wondering if I made myself exercise than I would just feel better because of it. I'm also worried about getting out of breath and not being able to gulp down water.

I guess I still have a bit of a problem with making excuses - something I really have to work on.

Thanks

JayNay
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 12:57 am

you arent supposed to be doing more than walking til at least 6 weeks post op. your body needs time to heal. walking however helps with gas releases, and giving you a bit of stamina to get through the tough times, so that you are ready to go back to exercise. If you don't do something gentle like walking and went straight back to kickboxing or dancing you could seriously hurt yourself, especially as there are staples and stitches healing inside of you. listen to your Dr. and its only a few weeks in the scheme of things, better to be safe than sorry, and in hospital again for leaks, and problems as a result of exercising too early.
Back to top Go down
bonitaymala
bonitaymala

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 11:27 pm

I would love to exercise.But Im a few weeks out and my doc says I can only walk.Thats too boring for me.Im used to kickboxing and dancing.Im wating to see when I can go back to my gym classes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 5:54 am

Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyMon 14 Dec 2009, 1:44 pm

Still not exercising but read my post on the one year plus thread - sobering... very sobering
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 8:11 am

Hi ladies

Well I feel a lot better opening up this thread.

I am more active and love feeling better having dropped a few kilos but if I try and do too much (I'm cleaning my old house following a move this weekend and it is killing me arrgh!!) I feel knackered. I like my slimmer legs in shorts but muscle tone???

I guess we have to keep up with the walking and maybe throw in some light hand weights??

Good to see that not doing heaps of formal exercise hasn't affected your weight loss. I'd like to be doing more but some days just going to work and looking after the kids is all I can handle, but it feels better now after the op.

Know what you're saying about those undies Caz!! LOL
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 2:27 am

Caz wrote:
I haven't been exercising either. But I've found I'm a lot more active, and have been making choices to walk up stairs, walk up escalators, walk more, lift grandchildren etc etc.
Caz

I think that I have lost a lot of muscle tone, probably due to low protein intake. I can't even lift my daughter anymore. Shes only 25kg :( I used to carry more than that around on my body!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 2:25 am

I haven't been exercising either. But I've found I'm a lot more active, and have been making choices to walk up stairs, walk up escalators, walk more, lift grandchildren etc etc.

I've never been an exercise junkie, but plan to add it in when I get near to goal to tone up.

I don't know how much your arms would improve, but there must be some way to help. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage because of my age unfortunately. Things aren't as elastic as they were 20 years ago unfortunately! Thank goodness for tummy trimming undies.

Caz
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 1:51 am

Just a quick question. My weight has been melting off, and I have done NO exercise. But I am getting flabby arms. What should I do to avoid the sagging baggy arms. Just lift some weights at home? Also what about improving leg muscles, any advice for that? Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 2:25 pm

I guess I am with Country girl, I move more but still don't exercise... I gave up having someone in to clean- and I do it myself now- mostly to save money but it does help with the moving part... And I run up and down the stairs a zillion times a day instead of planning my trips from the basement to the second floor... but I still don't get any regular exercise... A year out now- I am still losing a pound or so a week, and I secretly have the same attitude as Rice Cake--- when I stop losing I will start exercising. And before all of you write to me- I know, you are right, I have to start today... so maybe I will

Recumbent bike- here I come....
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 7:49 am

Unless it's running around after the kids or feeding and grooming the horses I don't like exercise either. I prefer exercise without the thought of exercising. Like going to the beach, playing with the dogs, even shopping cause all that walking. My best form of exercise is the Wii. Fantastic little thing. If you are like me and are addicted to computer games and such you can exercise with the Wii and not even know it. I can play tennis for hours at a time as I get set trying to beat the computer players. It's only the next day that I feel it cause I have overdone it. The boxing is good for a sweat up too but I tend to pull lots of muscles punching the air.

But other than than no, I don't exercise.
Back to top Go down
bugsbonclyde
bugsbonclyde

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyThu 23 Jul 2009, 10:48 am

Hi Mike,

i know how hard it is to get motivated to exercise, can't say i am enjoying it, but i am 8 weeks post op and i am enjoying feeling lighter. i had to wait 12 months for my surgery and it did my head in. i have lots of health issues and lymphodema in my left leg which meant all i could really do was pool work. But i found someone to go with and that helped, i have a lot of anxiety issues as well. just do what you can, it's one day at a time.

take care

del.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rkm.id.au
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptySun 19 Jul 2009, 5:56 am

Mike. Your cheer squad is here for you.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 7:32 am

fantastic news mike....its good to hear you are on the right track....keep it up
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 4:01 am

its so great that you have taken the step to start exercising with everyday its surely only gunna get better

Cheers Sue Anyone not exercising 63412
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptySat 18 Jul 2009, 1:33 am

Great to see you so psyched already Mike. Just try to do some form of physical activity every day at whatever level you can handle.
Back to top Go down
Mike1616
Part of the furniture
Mike1616

Male
Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 5:39 pm

Thanks for the information about the recumbent bike folks, I had heard of it before but always thought it was one of thoes big gym machines and never gave it another thought. I guess I will be this time Anyone not exercising 65317

Today I got some hand weights (0.5kgs each) and a theigh buster. The theigh buster is not for my legs but for my armes, my legs woulden't stand a chance yet. I already have ancle weights for the water, so now all I need is the right frame of mind to get me going and not saying OH, I'll put it of till tomorow, tomorrow is a day away and today is here now, witch one would be better to start the work of keeping me from dieing ?

OK, so it's a bit long winded, but I'm sure you see my point, I've got to stop putting it of and start some sort of physical activity before they have to cut down a wall in my house just to take me to the funeral home.

Strangly enough, this site is helping me already, I finaly got the weights I'm going to need and I have already started to use them on my upper torso already Anyone not exercising 618285

untill next time
mike1616
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising EmptyFri 17 Jul 2009, 11:41 am

Hi Mike,
Definately put the bike in front of the tv. They have them in fornt of the tv at the gym I go to makes it a bit more pleasurable if you can watch the tele whilst exercising. I start exercising on my exercise bike in front of the tv.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone not exercising   Anyone not exercising Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone not exercising
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next