Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all!   Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all! EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014, 10:20 am

Thanks for your replies :)

Jule are you not getting sleeved until next year because of your private health? I would have had to wait but I changed my heath fund and because I was with my previous fund for 2 years I didn't have to wait! Apparently the cover I had with them was equivalent to the new one but the new one covered gastric sleeve and the old one didn't! (if that makes sense!haha)

jojomojo Wow you thought about it for 3 years, good on you for researching and congratulations on your decision :)  I thought about it for 3 hours before making my decision hahahaha  I weighed up the pros and cons and the pros outweighed the cons for me. I found that I was researching and about 50% of everything I read was negative like leaks, vomiting etc but when I looked up statistics it says about 1% experience these. What did you find?

Nini thank you so much for your message, I've had a look at your photos and wow you look fantastic! I really want that! Do you exercise a lot or just eat right? Im a bit paranoid about excess skin... did you have problem? I agree people are ignorant or too opinionated without having all the facts.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all!   Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all! EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014, 7:08 am

Welcome Tara,

This site is a wonderful resource and it sounds like you have made the most of it! This is a life time commitment so make sure your head is in the right space. The surgery definitely helps to put in place the good eating habits, so make the most of the honey moon period. At 8 months out I am still very happy with my decision to have had the Sleeve. I have been very lucky to have had minimal complications except gall stones.

I told my family but waited until I had the surgery to tell everyone else (just because I was really scared and didn't want to keep going over it). So far everyone has been very supportive but to tell you the truth I don't really care what they say. I am happy that I have done the research and most people are ignorant and have got no idea about a complex issue like weight gain and loss.

cheers Nini.
Back to top Go down
jojomojo

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all!   Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all! EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014, 3:55 am

Hi Tarra,

I am new as well, I am being sleeved in Perth on 12th April. I love this site and read it a lot
before making my final decision about getting the sleeve. (Been thinking about it for 3 years)

I totally agree with your decision not to tell people as I have had the same thing. You can do it
yourself, why do you need to do surgery! Well if I could do it myself I wouldn't have just turned
40 and still be overweight :)

Welcome and Goodluck for your first meeting.
Back to top Go down
juejue70

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2014-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all!   Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all! EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014, 3:34 am

Hi Tarra, isn this just the best site in the world lol I dont get my sleeve till next year :( but i means I can read every post,the good ,the bad and the down right ugly  lol Everyone is so freindly on here itts great ,
Please excuse the mistakes my keyboard has a mind of its own today .

Jule x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all!   Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all! EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014, 11:53 pm

Hi everyone! I am new to this site, new to Brisbane and new to the decision of getting the Gastric Sleeve. 
I think I have read every topic on here, googled every single 'before and after' photo, looked up all the statistics and have made the call to Dr. Hatzifotis at Greenslopes Hospital for my first consult on April 9th. Im very excited and nervous at the same time!
I am 27 and have battled with my weight my entire life. I've lost the bulges and put them back on again that many times that I now seriously have 3 removal boxes full of clothes labelled 'skinny' 'medium' and 'fat'. My husband has asked me to get rid of the skinny box a few times now - but I have desperately held onto it with the hope that I will fit into them again! (size 12 clothes are skinny to me)
I had no idea that there even was a Gastric Sleeve procedure available until I was talking to a new friend a few weeks ago and she told me she had lost over 50kgs! I felt like my mouth was hanging open for about 5 minutes before I said "HowHowHowlongdidittakeyoutellmeeverything!" 
My husband is supportive of my decision, however is naturally worried about the side effects and the possible 'leaks' 'nausea' and effects it may have on getting pregnant. We don't have any children yet.
I won't be telling my family I am having the procedure done as I don't need their negative energy and lectures on 'eating right' and 'exercising'. - It frustrates me that they harp on about this when they are all obese as well! I was raised in a family of HUGE eaters, who have also lost weight that many times when they go through the newest weight loss fad, only to put it straight back on again when they have got to their goal weight. 

Not me this time!!! I'm making this decision to change my life forever! 

- wow I've never ever written this down before... it's kind of liberating!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all!   Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow this site is fantastic!! I'm Tarra nice to meet you all!
Page 1 of 1