AuthorMessage
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Newbie from the Gold Coast Empty
PostSubject: Hi Janet   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 7:16 am

Thanks Janet....

I'm still finding my feet with navigating this site. It's just fanstatic...

Kind regards

Andrea
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 7:12 am

Hi Andrea and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your surgery and journey.

Newbie from the Gold Coast 217555 Newbie from the Gold Coast 217555
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 5:07 am

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your decision to have a sleeve op. I had mine in Feb this year and, although I still have a way to go, am very very happy with how it is going so far, I am fitter healthier and above all happier.

Have a good look around the site, there is a lot of great information here to help you along the way. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries are a fantastic resource, and the Pre-op & Post-op sections will be helpful too. Along with the December Sleevers section where you'll find other of members who are at the same stage as you.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works, and if you want to put a ticker in your signature the instructions are there.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.

It's lovely to meet you, and I look forward to talking to you more around the site.

Cheers – Carrie
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 3:56 am

I can almost guarantee you'll say goodbye to the BP tablets - practically everyone here has their co-morbidities improve drastically after weight loss.

To look at what goes on after surgery, check out people's diaries (mine had a mid-life crisis and split in half, so if you wanted to look at the first part of my journey you need to click on the link below).

People experiences vary from feeling like they didn't even have surgery, to more pain and issues. I think it depends on the person and their tolerance for withstanding discomfort/pain.

The main thing is that you can expect to start becoming thinner, happier and healthier!!!
Back to top Go down
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female

PostSubject: Hiya Caz   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 3:43 am

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm so looking forward to next week. although a little apprehensive about what to expect after surgery. But I do know one thing that there is a very good chance I will be able to say good bye to the Bp tablets....

Andrea
Back to top Go down
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female

PostSubject: Nice to meet you too Jiggly   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 3:40 am

Hiya Jiggly nice to meet you too....I hope to look as good as you some time in the next 12 months...

Andrea
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 3:38 am

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your weight loss so far!! Good luck with your surgery next week, it will be here before you know it.

I was sleeved 1 week ago today and feel great. My tummy feels totally normal, just...smaller. This will be the best thing you can ever do for yourself.

Let us know how you go.

Jiggly :)
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 3:02 am

Welcome Andrea - nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female

PostSubject: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 2:42 am

Hiya everyone!!

I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I'm heading off for Sleeving next tuesday the 7th December 2010. Dr Greg Nolan is doing the proceedure at the Allamanda Hospital.

I'm 105kg at yesterdays weigh in down 3 kgs in 4 days. Pre Op diet.

I'm really looking forward to being able to chat with you all at some stage.....

Hope everyone is having a terrific day.

Regards
Andrea Newbie from the Gold Coast 355206
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from the Gold Coast   Newbie from the Gold Coast Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from the Gold Coast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: