OnTheWay
OnTheWay

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Sleeve Sizes - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Sleeve Sizes   Sleeve Sizes - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Jul 2008, 3:49 am

First topic message reminder :

I was just wondering after reading everyone's stories - is there a standard size sleeve.

I read people saying that they can eat a piece of toast etc and I can't fathom fitting that in my tiny tummy.

Do we all have the same size sleeve do you think or will I be able to fit more in down the track???
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Sizes   Sleeve Sizes - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Jul 2008, 5:19 am

Most people end up with between 200 and 250ml in Australia. tho it was 6 months before I could fit 200ml comfortably before then I found the forme yoghurt at 175ml a perfect fit. I have to agree for the first 3 months I doubt it was much more than 100ml tho might have been closer to 150ml towards the end of that time frame. The male of the species fits in about a desert spoon less than me and is 2 weeks behind me. BUT if it is something like icecream milk yoghurt etc he can fit in more as it goes though him where it doesnt me. I am restricted fluid wise as well to 200ml at a guzzel until that empties while once again the male of the species can guzzel down drinks with ease. I do think this had a lot to do with the makeup of our stomachs before surgery I had a very slow empting one before surgery his drained like their was no plug in it hehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Sizes   Sleeve Sizes - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Jul 2008, 4:23 am

I think fadingaway said the doc made hers a pouch instead of a sleeve (I hope i got thhe right person) but all i know is that they say they take at least 2/3 of your stomach away more like 3/4. I have heard it goes from 1000ml capcity to 250ml.....but like chris and i you are fairly new to this and it takes time for your tiny tummy to stretch a bit to fit in 250ml. At the moment my dietician has said to stick to no more than 125ml.

I guess it also depends on the dr they cant get it exactly 250ml each time can they :lol!:

My friend who has had the op can fit in half a chicken and salad sandwich for lunch then eat the rest for afternoon tea.

I hope i have helped you :D

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Sizes   Sleeve Sizes - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Jul 2008, 3:59 am

I've heard people talk of their sizes, but I have no idea what mine is. I'm sure that the doc told me, somewhere along the line, but all I latched on to was that eventually I'd be able to eat an entree-sized meal.
Chris
Back to top Go down
OnTheWay
OnTheWay

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Sleeve Sizes   Sleeve Sizes - Page 4 EmptyFri 04 Jul 2008, 3:49 am

I was just wondering after reading everyone's stories - is there a standard size sleeve.

I read people saying that they can eat a piece of toast etc and I can't fathom fitting that in my tiny tummy.

Do we all have the same size sleeve do you think or will I be able to fit more in down the track???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeve Sizes   Sleeve Sizes - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeve Sizes
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4