13 posters
AuthorMessage
Lioness82

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyMon 24 Mar 2014, 12:35 pm

Angel that's a good idea, no point having to waste money twice, just wear them on your biggest fingers or on a necklace perhaps
Not sure about the mm, but I've lost 3 ring sizes at least now, it's exciting but they are still too fat for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptySun 23 Mar 2014, 1:14 am

I've lost 5mms from my ring finger. WTF?!? Who knew that my fingers were so fat!!

My wedding band and Engagement ring would almost fall off if I shook my hand enough. I hope my fingers don't get too much smaller! Either way, I'm waiting until I am at goal before I re-size them
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 10:20 am

Perfect timing sometimes666, I actually found a pretty ring that's quite cheap plus it's from the 1950's which would make a lovely temporary ring, and it's something that can be resized and worn on any finger in the future. I say temporary because both my partner and I know the exact ring we want but unfortunately because of the side stones it's not one that can be resized much if at all. Partner is waiting on a travel insurance reimbursements for overseas medical expenses before he will agree to the temporary ring.
As for my ring size, I have been wearing a ring I couldnt wear for a few years and now it's almost too big. So that's exciting. I just don't wAnt to have my dream ring made to a mans finger size, doesn't make a girl feel very feminine.
Back to top Go down
Sazzles
Sazzles

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-07-08

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 6:50 am

Well my ring size has gotten smaller. I used to wear it on my ring finger and then moved it to my middle finger. Soon I won't be able to wear it because it will be too loose and I don't want to put it on my thumb LOL. Not sure what the size is though. Good luck :)
Back to top Go down
sometimes666
sometimes666

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013, 6:25 am

Just a thought - perhaps you could get a 'cheapie' ring to wear as an engagement ring until you are happy with your weight loss and can buy the appropriate size for your finger? If engaged it's nice to wear something on that finger, and there are some lovely rings out for sale that are not too expensive.
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptySun 20 Oct 2013, 2:08 pm

Hi sassyjane, those are the exact reasons I  told my partner to wait until mid next year to buy my engagement ring.  He wants to buy it in december when he returns home but i will only be 3 months out and nowhere near goal.  The styles I like with the side stones can't easily be resized and of course the expense.  
I am amazed how patient I am with buying things now.  I used to be a clothes shopaholic, but since making the decision to have this op I haven't bought a thing, it's like........what's the point it won't fit for long and that's exciting.  As much as I love some of my fat rings, I'm not going to bother getting them resized, I will wear them on my larger fingers until they are just too big and maybe one day I will get them all made into something different.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptySun 20 Oct 2013, 1:50 pm

Hi I had to get my rings downsized by two sizes,I am pretty sure jewellers can't go down more than two sizes if you have stones set into the shanks as this puts stress on their settings.i have fairly large knuckles so I need rings to still be able to go over them which they do comfortably now but once on they tend to just flip around,I just have to leave them as I know with summer coming my fingers swell just a little so I think with all this they will be a perfect fit for summer.gets quite a expensive exercise getting rings down sized lol
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptySun 20 Oct 2013, 9:38 am

I was very pleased yesterday......I am 2 weeks post op and have already dropped a ring size, i am now able to wear my fav emerald and diamond ring that i haven't fit into for the last 2 years.
Just hoping they get a lot smaller so i can get my dream engagement ring in a decent size and not sausage finger size.
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194
Part of the furniture
AuntyEz194

Female
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyTue 06 Aug 2013, 1:29 am

I just got engaged on Friday night (YAY ME!!! HAHA) and my ring doesn't fit me at the moment (it is too small) but I will not be getting it changed as I will lose the weight and then it will fit! haha

but in saying that, I am a ring wearer and when I had the lapband I had to get ALL my rings resized smaller and I think after 12 months they went down 3 or 4 sizes...

now that I put all the weight back on again I cant wear them and always feel naked! so I cant "weight" until I lose some weight to fit them again!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptySat 03 Aug 2013, 12:05 pm

I don't wear rings much but all of my rings fall off if I try and wear them
Back to top Go down
del27
del27

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-07-05

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptySat 03 Aug 2013, 10:53 am

I cant wait to drop a few ring sizes. I have two rings i haven't been able to get off in a few years and when its hot they can hurt, so i really look forward to getting them moving again, hopefully before summer really hits
Back to top Go down
Kiley
Part of the furniture
Kiley

Female
Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2012-12-29

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 12:08 pm

You might have to talk to your jeweller.... Some ring designs are limited in how many sizes they can be re sized... It has to do with placement of the stones
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 10:54 am

After I got married I put on about 40kg. I could wear my rings for the first 10kg, but then it was too tight. I didn't wear them for years as I was always going to lose weight.
Years so later now sleeved I am smaller than I was married. I have gone down 4 sizes. My ring is getting a little loose again. I am about 10 kilos away from my goal I will wait to get them resized but I think one more size will do it.

I have lost 60 kilos in total so far. It really does really vary from person to person.but it is one of those times where it is nice to go to my jeweller and he say oh you need to go down 2 sizes, as I have done it twice now.
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 7:40 am

Thanks ladies, not engaged yet, I've been discouraging it for a couple of years telling him I don't want to while I'm fat, i know it sounds petty but ive been fat most of my life and always wanted to be beautiful on that day.  So now I'm going to get this surgery done we want to get married late next year

Lindamck....you must be one of those lucky ladies who's hands and feet stay fairly slim, I however have the fat fingers unfortunately

Get stuck.....you might be wearing yours on a necklace soon! You look amazing btw

Angel......that's a beautiful idea about your mums ring, that ring will be special for so much more than just an engagement ring, does it have coloured stones as well? I would love to hear what your jeweller has to say about sizing, I want side stones which I've been told makes resizing difficult
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 7:34 am

There's no telling how many sizes your rings will drop ... get it to fit at the time so you can enjoy it and factor in a little extra cost for resizing :) I just had mine done as they were spinning on me all day long!! Can't remember how many sizes they went down...
Happy shopping!!!Ring sizes 446871
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 6:26 am

I wondered the same thing. We're in the process of designing my ring to include some stones from my Mum's engagement ring (who has passed away and so it holds sentimental value) and I'm not sure if I should get it made a size smaller or go from what my fingers are now. As it'll be a one off design, it may not be able to be sized too much after. 

I'll ask the jewellers and see what they say!
Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female
Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-03-12

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 4:30 am

happy engagement !!

my engagement ring is now tooo big I am having to wear it on my middle figure as it falls of my wedding figure

I wont be getting it resized until im near at goal weight another 37 kgs to go **sigh** I want my ring back on its proper figure !!
Back to top Go down
Lindamck
Lindamck

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-07-12

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 4:16 am

Hi Lioness,

I think its too individual to comment really - I have been wearing the same rings for 25 years despite gaining 50+ kg and some days at the moment they are actually loose, probably because I am cold all the time and I have not even had my sleeve yet!

Its pretty straight forward to get rings re-sized so I reckon just go with what fits at the time and enjoy your engagement!!

Cheers
Linda
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Ring sizes   Ring sizes EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 4:02 am

Hi all,
I'm hoping to be sleeved either oct nov, my partner wants to take me engagement ring shopping after new year, I'm wondering how many ring sizes people have gone down say 3 months post op? (Roughly when i will be getting it).  

I'm a bit worried that after buying the ring it's going to still end up being too big.

Should I buy it a couple of sizes smaller and just wait till it fits?

First world problem I know

Jan will be the only chance my partner gets to take leave and we will be heading to Sydney for it as we found the shop we want it from

Any long term sleevers.......I'd also love to know how many ring sizes you dropped by the time you reached your goal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ring sizes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring sizes   Ring sizes Empty

Back to top Go down

Ring sizes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: