AuthorMessage
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Portion sizes ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portion sizes ...   Portion sizes ... EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013, 2:02 am

There was one night where my fiance had cooked a yummy dinner and I wished that I could have eaten more of it (instead of just my 1/2 a cup) but I was happy to be able to eat what I did.

We've been out a couple of times and I order an entree and he orders a main. He always offers me a taste of his if I wish but I am usually happy with just mine.

I don't care about food as much as I used to. Strange but true!
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

Portion sizes ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portion sizes ...   Portion sizes ... EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 11:57 am

Sometimes I feel physically ill watching people eat and feel disgusted that I used to eat like that no problem. I used to mourn eating a meal out but have come to terms with having 1 slice of pizza instead of gorging myself.
Back to top Go down
RubyJay
Part of the furniture
RubyJay

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2013-04-01

Portion sizes ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portion sizes ...   Portion sizes ... EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 9:22 am

Yes I have found I look at what others eat not in wanting but in amazement at what I used to eat....not for hunger but for wanting to saturate myself in the taste.  I am not hungry but when seeing someone eating what I used to love I think of the taste and sort of mourn that I wont be eating it till I'm stuffed anymore ever again, well not as I used to and in way less portions, if that makes sense?

It's a much better angle to be viewing I think.
Back to top Go down
Shyne
Shyne

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-03-13

Portion sizes ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portion sizes ...   Portion sizes ... EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 2:38 am

HAHAHA

Absolutely.  I have a co-worker who loathes me at the moment cause I always half my lunches with her and she's eating all my leftovers!! Like this morning I went and bought a toasted ham, cheese and tomato croissant and I ate a third of it and couldn't fit in another bite so she ate it and she was like "God stop buying big meals!" .... I had to remind her they aren't big meals...it was just one croissant!! I could have eaten two in one go back in the day...but now the idea of even getting through half a one seems impossible!

Mind you, sometimes I hate that.  I hate that my hubby and I can go for dinner, and I'm lucky to eat a handful of my meal...or I cook a really delicious meal as a special occasion and i can only eat half of what my 3 year old son eats!! Sometimes I mourn the ability to sit down to a normal size meal...if that makes sense.

But my body is loving it!
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Portion sizes ... Empty
PostSubject: Portion sizes ...   Portion sizes ... EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 12:39 am

Is it just me, or do other people here find that some of the meals we see people eat are HUGE?!?

And by 'Huge', I'm sure that they are probably the normal sized portions that I used to eat but now they just seem to be massive to me and I can't understand how I ever ate so much!

For example: A large chinese takeaway meal used to be something I could consume for lunch but now, it's more likely to be at least 4-5 meals.

I see a co-worker eat the whole thing, then a dessert AND a 600ml bottle of soft drink.

Looking back, it just seems crazy to me that I would need to eat so much in one sitting. Scarily enough, I probably consumed that much 3 times a day without ever realising it was way more than my body needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Portion sizes ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portion sizes ...   Portion sizes ... Empty

Back to top Go down

Portion sizes ...
Page 1 of 1