31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vhappy

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Jul 2008, 4:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,

Dr Michael Talbot performed my Sleeve (and Hiatis Hernia repear we did not know about until in surgery see intro notes) , he is excellent and I would recommend him to everyone. Every peace of advice he gave me was spot on. I followed everything he said (Post Op) and the results were exactly as he had advised. Dr Talbot is my Hero.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
richardduffy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Dr Talbots Practice   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Dec 2010, 8:26 am

Hi all,

Hopefully no one minds me posting on the forum, I just wanted to ensure that anyone looking had the correct details for Dr Talbot.

Hope everyone has had a restful Christmas break.

Richard Duffy

Upper GI Surgery
Back to top Go down
ade64m
ade64m

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Dec 2010, 10:11 am

Hi All thans for all your advice which is fantastic! I really need to do this just trying to work out financially how to do it. I have previous experience with Dr Talbot which was nothing short of fantastic my ex partner was under him for some other GI issues. I'm convinced i want this done as i want my life back my health is failing in certain areas, i need a knee replacement but they wont touch me till i lose weight! At 163Kg i can understand that!!

I will be ringing to make an appointment to see Dr Talbot as soon he is back from leave!! This Surgery is a must for me as i said i want my life back i have just turned 46 and want many more years to come.

Thanks for your Support!

Adrian Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 487524
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 8:38 am

Adrian, you'll have to come up with something other than a handbag . . . Golf clubs, home theatre system that doesn't get superseded in three months? My schedule isn't that flexible - and I can see all the follow ups on one day.
Back to top Go down
soulcatcher
Part of the furniture
soulcatcher

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 8:24 am

I got quoted $3700. Includes Psychologist, 3 dietician visits, post op visit, doesn't include the anesthetist or fund excess fee (450 on the cover I have with HCF). It's an expensive present to myself . . . I'm trying to think of it as a very very expensive handbag that will never go out of style.

I live outside Sydney and the post op structure suited me better, Dr Rigas and Dr Talbot are lovely and more importantly I need a more formal follow up framework than some of the other surgeons I checked out.

I'm happy with the professionalism of all the staff I've had contact with, and I've made the right choice for me (he isn't the surgeon who sleeved a friend).

:-)

Last edited by soulcatcher on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 6:13 am

Hi Adrian and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your journey.

Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 217555 Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 4:50 am

Not sure about Dr Talbot.

Dr Taylor in Sydney OClinic has a $4900 package - all inclusive of anaesethetist, asst, dietician, shrink etc. They sort out the PHI for you. I assume Dr Talbot has similar.

Perhaps check his thread in Surgeons subforum?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
ade64m
ade64m

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Hi Newbie here and out of pocket Expense.   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 3:32 am

Hi there thank you so much for this forum. I was considering have sleeve surgery with Dr Talbot, has anyone got any idea of out of pocket expense / total gap. i have full cover with NIB.

Thanks in Advance, Adrian Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 487524
Back to top Go down
richardduffy

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Information about Dr Michael Talbot   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010, 12:27 am

Hi,

I am Dr Michael Talbot's practice marketing person and am updating his contact information.Dr Talbot is based in his own practice the details of which can be found below:

Upper GI Surgery
Suite 3 Level 5
St George Private Hospital
1 South Street,
Kogarah NSW 2217

Phone: (02) 9553 1120
web site: http://www.uppergisurgery.com.au

Richard Duffy

PS You can also find the practice on FaceBook and we are updating our information on YouTube as well - www.youtube.com/uppergisurgery
Back to top Go down
fabfit2010
fabfit2010

Female
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 9:16 pm

Thanks Daniela.
I have been using Lactoluse as prescribed by the Doctor. The first time I used it, it really cleaned me out, but since then no movement. I will get some benefibre today....

Have a great day!!!
Back to top Go down
Daniela
Daniela

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 2:41 am

congradulations fabfit! it sucks how after surgery your body just shuts down.. have you given benfibre a go?? it does help to get things going..
Back to top Go down
fabfit2010
fabfit2010

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Oct 2010, 1:24 am

I finally did it!!!! I got sleeved on the 5th of October with Dr Talbot and I feel awesome!!! The first 24 hours was not the greatest, but that was to be expected. What I didnt expect was that I would feel 100% better on the second day and have just gotten better since. In the first week I lost 8 kilos but nothing in the second. I kinda put it down to being constipated, I havent gone for the last 5 days which is not good news.... struggling in the department at the moment.

Overall it was a great experience. Dr Talbot is a champ. My scars are so small and neat, and have really healed well.

Thank you all for your encouraging words. All the best to everyone and their journey.

Very happy camper!
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 6:47 am

Thank you myeverest .............
Back to top Go down
myeverest
Part of the furniture
myeverest

Female
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 6:26 am

Hi lovelyslim, if you look in the sleevers get together section, I'm sure you'll find some sleevers in your area that would love to catch up. get togethers are organised quite regularly.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 6:11 am

Hello there..... I am new to this forum just joined yesturday .... I am looking at getting the sleeve gastrectomy done some time soon ...... I would like to meet some of you guys which have done it ..........
Back to top Go down
Daniela
Daniela

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 05 Oct 2010, 12:03 am

Hey Fabfit,

thought i would add something.. i was done by Dr Talbot 27th August and he really is an amazing surgeon and would reccomend him to anyone in a heartbeat...

Even beyond Dr Talbot, the whole team is so great and im so happy i chose him to be my Doctor..

Good luck with your Op.
Back to top Go down
fabfit2010
fabfit2010

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 11:02 am

Janelou,

Thank you so much for your support, I really do appreciate it. This forum has been so great, with so much information and personal experiences.

Cheers for the heads up on the next couple of months. I will let you know how I go :0)

Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 6:28 am

Hi Fabtofit!

Welcome, I had my sleeve done 7 weeks ago with Dr T, and like you I made and appointment 18months ago and cancelled it out of fear, then finally after getting biger, made another appointment, saw Dr Regis, then still was too scared to make the appointment to see Dr T, but obviously did do it! I wont lie, the first 6 weeks have their ups and downs because you have to relearn how to eat, however the weight generally falls off you and then steadies out about now. I found that about 5 weeks on i started to feel really good, plus you are also not carrying around kilos and kilos of weight as well so that makes you feel lighter and have more energy. It's such a small amount of time to go through it and it is worth it.

As for Dr T, great surgeon, no complications (as yet-touch wood!!) Take it easy, follow everything they say and don't push yourself before you are ready, and get ready to enjoy your new life. If you are around the southern suburbs we often have get togethers so keep your eye out in the 'sleevers get togethers'
I know how you feel about been lonely, if it wasn't for the forum, I'd know no-one who had it done, I have made some fantastic friends and got some great support from this site!

Good luck, keep us updated!

Janelou xx
Back to top Go down
fabfit2010
fabfit2010

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Oct 2010, 6:12 am

Hi Everyone, I will be having my surgery done with Dr Talbot on Tuesday! I'm so nervous and very anxious .... I'm all ready to go. I can't believe that I'm actually going in the day after tomorrow; just thinking about what my life will be like after that day.

I am almost scared of becoming a new person, but also excited to see new heights in my life at the same time. I have attempted to go through this many times but obviously never went through with it, just from many different views from friends and family it just got put off. This time I decided not to tell my family so that I could make this decision on my own. So because I've decided to do that I feel very lonely. I do have my husband and small children but its hard not being able to talk to my sister and mum about it.

Anyway, back to the subject! lol... Dr Talbot is great and I am confident he will do a great job...
I will post up when I get back home...Best of luck and I can't wait to share stories with you all.

Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 12:37 pm

Hello all and vhappy,

I had Dr Talbot and would recommend him to anyone. He is a highly skilled surgeon in my opinion. I share a room with a woman who was having her 4th op....a revision by Dr Talbot...he spent 5 hours rmoving adhesions from her stomach so that he could convert her op to a bypass. He's a definite hero in my books! BTW I had NO complications and went off pain relief in the first 24 hours (I think a testament to his gentle approach).
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 9:45 am

Dr T great guy - visited early though LOL 6.40am the 2nd day!
Fantastic surgeon

Prime anasthetics who he uses gave me a great guy too Dr Andy Leiw (came in singing LOL to the preadmissions holding bay) AND ensured i had NO pain at the incision site EVER

Massive thumbs up from mum and myself

Mel and Sandra
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Jun 2010, 6:35 am

Hi all, thanks for the positive comments, I have always been confident in my decison but as those who are 'post sleevers' know, pre-surgery is an emtional time, seeing negative feedback only adds to anxiety.
I know I am in good hands!

Jane
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 9:56 am

I also was dissappointed to read negative Gossip on another thread and was compelled to also post a response in support of this Fantastic Doctor.
I am now about 15 months out, am at Goal weight, have had NO problems or complications at all and believe I had a very reputable and skilled surgeon.
Thank You Dr Talbot for giving me a Hassle Free Weight Loss Option that has worked 100%.
I would recommend Dr Talbot without any hesitations.

Max
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2010, 8:55 pm

I just read some negative stuff on another thread about Dr T.
Now everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I have to say that I think the negative stuff about Dr T was wrong.
I also did my research before being sleeved by him, and spoke to a nurse who had inside info and who told me that not only had she researched him well, and that he had a great rep, and she'd gone to him to have her own sleeve done and was more than happy with him.
Dr T did my sleeve 2 years ago now, and I found him to be very professional, knowledgeable, understanding, and patient. And having had no problems with my sleeve (although I expected them, as I'm one of those people who Murphy's Law was made for!), I can only assume that he's very skilled as well.
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 12:08 pm

To who ever may be interested.

Was reading my local paper tonight and noticed Dr Talbot is holding a Weight loss Information eveving for anyone interested in learning more about all 3 weight loss options.

St George Private Hospital Boardroom
1st Floor, South St Kogarah
Tuesday April 27, 7pm
Call 9553 1120 to reserve your spot.

I dived straight in, with no information evening, just much internet research but if there had of been one I would have been most interested to go, so just putting it out there in case you do not live in this area but would be interested to know about it.

Hope someone finds this information of some use.

Max
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Mar 2010, 4:37 am

Hey, Vhappy - glad you had a good experience with Michael.
He told me that if I broke 80kg I'd be doing well - and now I'm wondering if I might end up breaking the 70kg barrier as well! Must remember to send him a pic...
Back to top Go down
lmclare3

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Sleeve Success   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Mar 2010, 11:53 am

Michael Talbot performed my sleeve in mid 2008 weighing almost 150kgs.
I had seen several other surgeons prior to seeing Michael & his team and was not comfortable with the level of support or information they had offered. The approach from Michael's team was so different from Day 1. Friendly, approachable, helpful & understanding. Not at all intimidating. For his prowess & experience you normally expect to get a fairly pompus medico. Be surprised!! Michael is a tall thin man with a clear passion for helping those with the medical issue of morbid obesity. After years of struggling with GP's who blamed the condition on overeating finally there was someone who saw me as a person that medically could be helped, not just a less than human "fat person".
Michael is down to earth, frank, funny, knowledgable, quite OK using 4 letter words in appropriate times & places, caring, not afraid to place a hand on your shoulder as a caring guesture and take time to explain whatever is required no matter how trivial it may be. You certainly don't ever get the feeling that you are being rushed out the door!
Now some 68kgs lighter and with a few post operative complications I could not be happier. Remember this is not an easy way out. This decision is a life time committment and can be complicated but these problems always have to be weighed up against the critical health issues derived from morbid obesity. Michael and his team of physician's, dietician's, admin staff etc walk this journey with you lending the encouraging words to keep you on the straight & narrow...
I guarantee none could have had an array of complications like mine...but I have another 20kg's to go and know that i could not have done this any other way. Thank heavans there are people like Michael Talbot to restore the faith of obese people in the medical profession. If you are thinking bariatric surgery, then Michael Talbot should be part of your decision...it will be the best decision you could make! Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 63412
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney   Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Michael Talbot - Sydney
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next