AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Dr Michael France (Adelaide) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 1:51 pm

Hi Kazz,
You are looking at about $2,500 all up I think.
Between Michael the hospital excess and the anesthetist.

Your visits to Michael after the surgery are free.

He is fantastic we all love him to bits.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 1:32 pm

Some wonderful recommendations for Dr France.

Can I ask, what is his out of pocket, or gap, fee? I will be covered by PHI, but want to prepare for any expenses.

Cheers :)
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 8:18 am

Was sleeved by Dr France Sept 27th and he is THE BEST!!! Thanks Dr France for giving me the rest of my very long life!!
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:54 am

The New Improved Me wrote:
They're in the office on and off - I had an appointment last week so just keep trying. When Michael is away so is Sally. You'll get them eventually - hope this helps :)

Thanks, as soon as I read your answer I called and Sally answered. Dr Michael France (Adelaide) 217555
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:39 am

They're in the office on and off - I had an appointment last week so just keep trying. When Michael is away so is Sally. You'll get them eventually - hope this helps :)
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 3:36 am

I just called Dr France's rooms to make a payment and got a message that they're on annual leave. I know his wife has just had their 2nd baby but does anyone know when they'll be back?
Back to top Go down
aussietrish75

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 2:17 pm

hI all, i am new here but had to say.i had my first appt with Mr Michael France mid May and am scheduled for surgery Aug 25th.He put me on optifast from then so will be on it almost 15 weeks by surgery time.I weighed in at 185.3kgs in May when i saw him first and am now 156.7kgs.So have lost 28.6kgs in 11 weeks.I have to say i am very at ease with surgery pending and,i feel i am in wonderful hands with both Michael and Fiona.They are wonderful people who made me feel at ease.I am getting excited about the surgery and cant wait now.
Back to top Go down
Mez

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Michael France    Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 2:25 pm

Hi all

I was sleeved by Michael France on the 12 Feb 2009. I have had no problems whatsoever and am losing weight steadily. I was very happy with Michael as he is a nice guy and very easy to talk to! If you are thinking about having this procedure, go for it as it will change your life and you wont regret it.
Back to top Go down
Mim
Mim

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Dr France   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 7:46 am

I have been sleeved by Dr France :) He is fantastic, he is very experienced and he does care about you as a patient and a person not just "another" customer.
I did have some trouble in the first few weeks and was given his mobile number to call him at any time (he made me promise to at anytime if i felt sick!) he does really care about his job and his patients, it was refreshing to see actually!
I was sleeved in February at 126kg
i have now only just moved past the hundreds!!!!!!! today i weigh 98.5
if anyone is thinking of getting a sleeve done or know someone who may need it then i strongly encourage you or them to get in contact with Michael and make an appointment, and at least go and see what he has to say!!! Im glad i made the decision to make that first appointment! He has a fantastic team with Fiona and his dietician Megan!!
Dr Michael France (Adelaide) 63412
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyMon 21 Jun 2010, 12:01 pm

Just saw this and thought I would share it with all the Michael fan's out there ::

Michael's wife Sarah delivered a healthy bouncing baby boy this morning. Luca John France - 6 pounds 10 oz. Both mum and bubs are doing well.
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptySat 05 Jun 2010, 2:49 pm

Hiya snuffbunny is that 7th of july you're being done? Come and join our July group and another one of the ladies (maidmarion) is being sleeved on the same day - same hospital - and with Michael as well. I'm a week after so wont see you in there but join our group so we can all share this journey together.

Hope to see you over there soon

Nat
xx
Back to top Go down
snuffbunny

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyFri 04 Jun 2010, 8:39 am

Dr Michael France (Adelaide) 355206 have my date 7/6/10 with M France stared my Optifast and only let my self down twice with eating the wrong thing....I had to have toast as I could smell it all day at work. Hope to only be in hospital for two days but have been told it may be three Dr Michael France (Adelaide) 697586
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyFri 04 Jun 2010, 2:09 am

Hi All

New on here. Saw Dr France 01/06/10, the appointment just before Noddy17 Dr Michael France (Adelaide) 355206 My op is 27/09/10 by choice. Husband will be on school holidays and I can take annual leave.

Dr France is absolutely fantastic!!! When I met Dr Nancarrow she filled me in on all I needed to know and I had done a years worth of research eg band vs sleeve.

I'm getting very excited!
Back to top Go down
Noddy17
Noddy17

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyWed 02 Jun 2010, 1:31 am

hi all,

saw fiona last week and michael yesterday and got booked in for 13th july (under 6 weeks) i was lucky to get in early as i got my wedding in sept so the fun begins i have heard alot about him and my future mother in law was one of his earlier patients and she has done very well too so i cant wait :)

Dr Michael France (Adelaide) Weight
Dr Michael France (Adelaide) Event

Surgery: Tue 13th July 2010
Surgeon: Dr Michael France
Current Weight: 121kg
Weight @ Surgery: TBA
1st goal: 115kg (hopefully before surgery as starting preop diet today 6 weeks before surgery)
2nd goal: 105kg (hopefully by wedding 19/9/2010
3rd goal: 95kg
4th goal 80kg
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyFri 14 May 2010, 3:57 am

Hi,
Just wanted to do an update in here.

Went to see Michael yesterday for a check up, all good.
He told us that he has now done over 500 sleeves so is very experienced.
Not only that he is a brilliant surgeon and a nice bloke.
Anybody in Adelaide considering this surgery I would highly recommend Michael to you.
Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Tam
Tam

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010, 11:22 am

Sounds good...I hope to be there with my hubby (who will be going first we think), will depend on kids and work.
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010, 9:53 am

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow and I'll see you on saturday to hear how it goes??

My PHI doesnt kick in until July and I have my first appointment with Fiona in the first week of april and I can get a surgery date then - yay!!!
Back to top Go down
Tam
Tam

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010, 5:46 am

I have my appt with Dr Nancarrow *and* dr France tomorrow and my understanding is that it is normally a 6 -8 week wait for surgery, but i know they have some gaps in March they are trying to fill...
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 7:16 am

Hi All,

I was just wondering what the waiting time for the surgery is with Dr Michael?? I am booked in for my first appointment with Fiona in may then Michael the next day. Just curious how long it takes to get your date and what the process is you need to follow - tests etc. Dont wanna get too excited just yet in case its a REALLY long wait.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 7:05 pm

Thanks Jo.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide_Jo
Part of the furniture
Adelaide_Jo

Female
Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 11:18 am

Hi Janette,

We have just lost Adelaide ACA and gone back to interestate version, this probably explains why the link has been broken because it does reference adelaideaca. My only suggestion would be to email ACA with the link and ask them to email the story or a link to it to you.

Cheers Jo
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 7:03 pm

This is a great report, and I showed it to my sons, but before I could get my daughters to look at it the website has been changed Dr Michael France (Adelaide) 81722

Anyone know how to find it again?

CheekyBugger wrote:
So A Current Affair FINALLY got their act together and posted the video to their website!!

Heres the link for those interested:

http://www.adelaideaca.com.au/story_details.php?sID=TXpJeA==
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 3:38 pm

Thanks for posting that link STBT
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 11:10 am

So A Current Affair FINALLY got their act together and posted the video to their website!!

Heres the link for those interested:

http://www.adelaideaca.com.au/story_details.php?sID=TXpJeA==
Back to top Go down
tamayles
Part of the furniture
tamayles

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2009, 1:43 pm

This is on his website

FREE EDUCATION SEMINAR
Would you like to know more about Obesity and Surgical Options to help lose weight?

Join us July 3rd at Ashford Hospital, 6 for 6.30PM. RSVP by ph 8293 8109 or email mjf@laparoscopicsurgeon.com.au
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Michael France (Adelaide)   Dr Michael France (Adelaide) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Michael France (Adelaide)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next