AuthorMessage
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 5:47 pm

Thanks Trish,

Check my diary later on today for the update.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 2:39 pm

Hi Janey,
I just realised that tomorrow you get your appointment......
I'm getting excited for you......
You are going to be such an expert on the sleeve girl !!!!
Let us know asap what date you get ....
Will be thinking of you tomorrow...
started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery 487524
Trish xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wTMLGtu/
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 1:33 pm

Hi Missionmum and welcome aboard.

I had my lapband removed in January and had to wait 3 months for my tummy to settle down.You're very lucky that you haven't had to wait long. I have an appointment tomorrow to hopefully get my sleeving date so we may be operated on around the same time.

Why not join the May sleevers thread so that you can get or give advice to/from people sleeved around the same time as you.

Best of luck with your surgery and make sure you keep us updated won't you.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 1:20 pm

Welcome to the forum Missionmum. Keep up the good work on the liquid diet prior to the operation. It's really a short time in the scheme of things. Good luck with your surgery.
You will find quite a few people on this forum that have a lapband removed and a gastric sleeve performed. The results are overwhelmingly positive. If you use the search function on this site with the word lapband or band etc you should find posts relating to this.
Back to top Go down
jigs
jigs

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 12:11 pm

Hey Missionmum, and welcome to the forum. I was banded 3 years ago and had limited success. My band had slipped which in turn created so many problems, almost continual vomitting... not a pretty sight. I had the band removed Oct 2008 and had my gastric sleeve surgery on the 16th Jan. I've lost 20kg so far and feel wonderful. Except for a frustrating plateau for 2 weeks I've lost weight every week. I just wish I'd had the sleeve first but 3 years ago there were no other options. I also felt like a bit of a failure, as I know other banders who have had great success. Now I realise that the band wasn't for me and I absolutely love my new tiny tummy. I can eat all foods now, not like the band where I was very restricted, now i just eat a hell of a lot less.
For all your questions, you'll find all the answers here, it's a wonderful group of happy losers!!! everyone is very supportive.
Good luck with your surgery and I wish you a very speedy recovery.
Jenni
Back to top Go down
ozpatty
ozpatty

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 11:53 am

Hi Missionmum,
Welcome to the winning side of weight loss.......
I was so determined to getbanded but changed my mind a few days prior to surgery adn decided on the sleeve and I have absolutely no regrets what so ever.
This forum is my internet bible to everything I need to know about the sleeve, and post-op advice and info..... I was sleeved only 2 weeks ago.
Keep us updated.........
Trish
started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery 217555
Back to top Go down
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wTMLGtu/
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 10:06 am

hi missionmum,

the protein drinks aren't the best BUT they are only for a short while and it's a good kickstart to your future weightloss. (of course the main reason is to shrink our liver to make surgery much safer)

good luck with your upcoming surgery. i opted for the sleeve first up... actually a hiatus hernia made my decision for me. just over three months out now and i can eat almost everything BUT DON'T WANT TO!!!! how cool is that???

there are a few lovely ladies on this site who have had bands removed so you are not alone in your fears of next step. i think all of us have that terrible fear of it not going to work. lets face it, the only reason we are having this surgery is because everything else has failed. that is the wonderful boost of sleeving, it does work and we can feel great about ourselves again!!

cheers
tracey
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 9:59 am

Hi missionmum, welcome to the forum.
I personally havent had a band, but instead went straight for the sleeve, but there are quite a few members on here who have had a band, and are now sleevers, or waiting to be sleeved.

Please dont feel like just because the band failed you, that the same will happen with the sleeve, this is a completely different procedure, and I am sure that you will have great success with the sleeve started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery 217555

xx
Tamara
Back to top Go down
missionmum

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 9:40 am

started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery 595690 Hi Everyone

I am going in for my sleeve on May 11.
I had my lap band removed 5 weeks ago due to it not working and a very poor result for weight loss. (I did try for 4 years)
I didnt have to have the fluid regime when i was banded and am REALLY struggling now with the whole protein drink thing.
I feel like ive been through this before and just have the expectation that its not going to work...
I would love to hear from anyone that has been or is in the same situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery   started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

started my fluids yesterday, 2 weeks prior to surgery
Page 1 of 1