AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Nervous prior to surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nervous prior to surgery   Nervous prior to surgery EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 10:56 am

Hi,
The girls are all absolutely right but I will just add that if you feel your energy levels are better after losing 5 kilos throw another 30 on that and just imagine how much more you can do. I am literally freaking people out that have known me my whole life by the amount of energy I have and what I can achieve now.
In case you hadn't guessed I love my sleeve LOL

Good luck
Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Nervous prior to surgery   Nervous prior to surgery EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 7:41 pm

oh you poor possum :)

I can understand all your fears...I think we all can but like Jane I would do it again tomorrow...i really was a textbook case...I had no pain, nausea...nothing! a great recovery and still have not vomited or had any major issues...yes I have had some lil issues since but in the big picture they are nothin!!! dairy is not my friend and that has been my issues, I have felt sick a couple of time but it passes pretty quickly, constipation early on but all good now...those lil things are the worst I have had...not bad eh :)

Good luck and try no tto stress...I was so excited even being wheeled in...I knew my life was about to change for the better...have you read some diaries?? thats worth a look to see how happy ppl are

I LOVE MY SLEEVE
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Nervous prior to surgery   Nervous prior to surgery EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 10:06 am

I was fine till i was wheeled into the operating room then bawled my eyes out
ive been sleeved 17months and its frustyrtating at times cause i want to eat more at times but i would do it all over again if i hadnt eaten so much before i wouldnt of needed the op
but ive had it and im happy very happy id do it again tomorrow

Cheers
Sue Nervous prior to surgery 63412
Back to top Go down
jane1975
Part of the furniture
jane1975

Female
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Nervous prior to surgery   Nervous prior to surgery EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 9:26 am

it is all a bit daunting on the lead up to the op but i found the closer i got the more happier i became... i took it as a new begining one that i would have never thought could be possible... the dietican can be scary with all the things that u need to do and sorry to be honest but u will have ur up and down days but coming from someone that is 3 months out it is a decsion that i would do again in a heart beat...

good luck

jane
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Nervous prior to surgery   Nervous prior to surgery EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 6:09 am

This is from someone who has just had the op... I came home today.... do not be scared...... Yes it is an operation, but go in there with a mindset that this is a new healthy beginning for you.. the next few days will be a bit rough but easy to get through...... I totally understand where you are coming from, being scared about something, but with this, I wasn't scared.. more excited than anything.
I have very little discomfort throughout the 3 days in hospital... little nausea but there is always something you can have to make you comfortable. You will be fine and be starting a healthy 2010 like me!
Back to top Go down
cayann

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Nervous prior to surgery   Nervous prior to surgery EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 4:22 am

I am having my surgery on the 27th January & now getting more & more nervous since seeing the dietician as to what you have to do. I have started the opti-fast & loving it. My energy levels are out of this world & already lost 5kgs in one week. But the severity of the op is scaring the hell out of me. Can someone give me advise?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nervous prior to surgery   Nervous prior to surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Nervous prior to surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: