AuthorMessage
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Band to sleeve in Canberra? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptySun 08 Sep 2013, 5:11 am

Absolutely

Arse Band to sleeve in Canberra? 2329 

Val
Back to top Go down
kazbo

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptySat 07 Sep 2013, 12:13 am

Thanks Val

slow and steady wins the race, eh?

Oh well, we are in this for the marathon and not the sprint!
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptyFri 06 Sep 2013, 10:24 am

Kazbo

Good luck.  Had my Band removed 2 years ago.  Sleeved 18 months. I am now a brand new person.  

Weight lose is a bit slower for us ex bandits.

Good luck

Val
Back to top Go down
kazbo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptyFri 06 Sep 2013, 8:58 am

I went and saw my banding surgeon here in Canberra, told him I was over it and I wanted the band removed and the sleeve done. He was very supportive and willing to do it (quite a turnaround from the last time I had the conversation with him!) I am booked in to get the band removed on 7 November.

Interestingly, while I was there filling out the paperwork there were another 2 people filling out the paperwork for the same thing!

He said these days, for every 10 surgeries he does, only 1 is a lap band with the other 9 being sleeves.
Back to top Go down
kazbo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 9:14 am

lin1970 wrote:
Just wondering if you have told your band surgeon that you are getting the sleeve whether he likes it or not and he either can be the one to give you one or you will go elsewhere.
 that will be my next conversation with him...if I do decide to go with the O Clinic then they will be MUCH cheaper than Canberra
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 7:27 am

Just wondering if you have told your band surgeon that you are getting the sleeve whether he likes it or not and he either can be the one to give you one or you will go elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 7:24 am

Hi Kaz,

Oh lol gosh yes it is so difficult to spew QUIETLY in a restaurants toilets.
I used to get sooooo paranoid that another diner would come in and think I was sick from the food !

I'm so glad you are taking charge of things.

Having had 2 bands (and all the "joys" that come from having them) I get kinda um, passionate for people who are still suffering with them.
The Sleeve is so, sooooooooo different to a band !!!!

When I still had the band and was just researching the sleeve I dared not expect how good everyone said was .... IT IS !!!

Dr Taylor and Oclinic seem to have super favourable feedback so you are on the right track there.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
kazbo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 6:21 am

Hi Tara

I agree with you...I'm very fed up and the main thing that has kept me going back is that I have a really good relationship with him and I do hold him in very high esteem...plus I kinda feel like I'm cheating on him - LOL

I'm determined though and have sent an email enquiry to the O Clinic in Sydney...I cruised another forum and Dr Taylor there seems to come highly recommended. I will wait for their reply and take it from there.

On the plus side, I now have the support of my family which is very helpful and encouraging as well. They now understand and see how frustrating and disappointing it is for me to go through all this. My partner gets very frustrated when I have to dive off for a spit when we go out for dinner...I am now ready to get 2nd and 3rd opinions :)
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 5:23 am

Hi there,

Get a second and a third opinion !!!

It is not for your surgeon to have the final say on whether or not you can have a revision (unless he made this decision on medical grounds and still I'd be seeking a second opinion.)

It makes me suspicious that the surgeon keeps you coming back for fills and unfills which all net him revenue (call me cynical) but will not allow the revision .. why ?

There are loads of great surgeons out there so you are not beholden to this Surgeon.

All the best for your research,
Tara
Back to top Go down
kazbo

Female

PostSubject: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 1:25 am

Hi All

a year on since my last post on here and I am still banded...still trying to find my green zone and still trying to convince my Canberra surgeon that I want to have the band to sleeve revision.

Is anyone on here from Canberra that has had the band to sleeve revision? If so, did you get it done in Canberra? or did you have to go elsewhere?

If you went elsewhere, where did you go? I believe there is a surgeon in Wagga who pretty much does band to sleeve revisions all the time now - has anyone here used him? what were your experiences?

I have the usual questions - was it worth it? how much did it cost? and how much of a hassle was it to arrange and book the surgery?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band to sleeve in Canberra?   Band to sleeve in Canberra? Empty

Back to top Go down

Band to sleeve in Canberra?
Page 1 of 1