Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OzChick78
OzChick78

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2013-04-13

What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting?   What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting? EmptySun 26 May 2013, 12:14 am

Thanks Sandy,

That's given me something's to add to my list, so I can be prepared for the first few weeks at home.

I'm not the kind to make soup, so I will def just grab some from the fresh food section.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
sandygee
Part of the furniture
sandygee

Female
Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2013-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting?   What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting? EmptySat 25 May 2013, 11:04 pm

Soup, soup, soup!!!

No, really, soup is great. So many varieties, homemade and shop bought in the fresh chiller section. Blend the daylights out of it and thin it to runny consistency with stock. I have had pumpkin, tomato, mushroom & chicken. The vegetable based soups I have added protein powder to, just a little. I made huge batches a month ago and froze them.....big mistake, I am never going to be able to eat it all before I am sick to death of it. The dogs are going to be getting chicken soup for their dinner shortly - they won't mind :)

Also drinking V8 Breakfast fusion juice - yummo! Tried the 'oats express' they were truly disgusting, gave them away. Peppermint Tea - very good for wind when first sleeved. Coffee, milo, tea etc.

Runny custard warmed up in the microwave with a dash of natural yoghurt to cut the sweetness - scrumptious.

Banana & peanut butter smoothie with added protein powder.

I love water and so far have only had a little trouble with it. Immediately post-op it was very heavy & hard. softened it with some apple juice or cordial. Now 11 days out I can sip it plain - thank goodness

Best wishes for your surgery

Sandy
Back to top Go down
OzChick78
OzChick78

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting?   What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting? EmptySat 25 May 2013, 3:36 pm

6 weeks till I'm sleeved....

I have seen many comments about water being very unappealing after op.

I know of the usual diet cordial, protein shakes etc.....

What do you drink to keep the fluids flowing and to keep it interesting?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting?   What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Do You Drink To Keep the Fluids Interesting?
Page 1 of 1