AuthorMessage
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Just getting started Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just getting started   Just getting started EmptySun 31 Mar 2013, 10:33 am

Same here...I researched everything I could fine...watched YouTube videos of the surgery so I completely understood the entire procedure.....I researched surgeons, a d their history within this area.....and like you felt that the risk of my weigh far out weighted the risk of the surgery......

I was sleeved on March the 20th 2013...... My first surgeon appointment was 18 January .......I weighted 124 kilos on that date.....my highest weight ever......at least that what I think.....I never took my weight...I suppose I just didnt want to face my obesity.....I started the opti part 2 weeks before my surgery and weighted 121 kilos.........and today 11 days post op...I weight 109.8.......I won't lie...it has been tough going......but so worth it.......I suppose it is hard to get your mind and tummy to understand each other.......tummy says no no no...mind says....yum that smells nice.........but I had very little pain.....even just after the surgery......

I am so happy I did this......and have full confidence that this time my weight loss will be a success......you will love the site......full of lovely people and you will always have some one that understand exactly how you feel......because we are all either there...or have been there....so......my darling.....WELCOME.......

Love and kisses

Sara xx
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Just getting started   Just getting started EmptySun 31 Mar 2013, 8:43 am

Love someone who does their research good on you I think you already know this is the way to go. I would try to see about a good surgeon you still don't have to commit but you would get the best advise and have an idea of price etc.

Make sure your Health insurance is right take your husband to any appointments I took mine he was relieved by the doctor so full steam ahead.

Julie
Back to top Go down
mistysj

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Just getting started   Just getting started EmptySun 31 Mar 2013, 5:06 am

Hi! I am still in the research phase and have not yet contacted a surgeon, but I have decided I want to have the VSG procedure. I am a researcher by nature and I have already read 5 books about the subject, as well as several studies, articles, etc. I know that before I can succeed at the surgery I need a great support network. My husband is skeptical but supportive of the surgery, and my doctor is very supportive of the idea. My current BMI is 44 and I have type 2 diabetes. The things that brought me to this decision are:

1. I know the risks of my current weight outweigh the risks of the surgery
2. I have done every diet known to man and have lost weight, but failed to keep it off. The latest was a year of Optifast under medical supervision. I only lost 20 kg even though I worked that program pretty hard. I see the surgery as a tool to make a low calorie diet feasible.
3. I am only 35 and have been morbidly obese for most of the last 15 years. I want the next 15 (and more) to be different.
4. The sleeve seems like the best bariatric surgery option. No foreign devices, no malabsorption, no re routing of intestines. Just a drastic reduction in stomach capacity and physical hunger due to grehlin.

I think I will find lots to read here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just getting started   Just getting started Empty

Back to top Go down

Just getting started
Page 1 of 1