AuthorMessage
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

The journey has started.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The journey has started....   The journey has started.... EmptyThu 04 Jun 2015, 6:11 am

Looking forward to your diary luv!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
Missymoo45

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The journey has started....   The journey has started.... EmptyThu 04 Jun 2015, 3:40 am

Thanks for your messages ladies, I have viewed most of your Posts QQ and WW ! so its great to hear from some long termers ! - Great to hear from you too Kat1974, the count down in on, Where are you located ?  I might be a August sleever too ? - but I am hoping I can sneak into the July list.

I had my bariatric assessment yesterday, which went well, she did a health and mental check and has advised me she will approve me for the surgery - which is good news.  My bloods did show a Vit D deficiency, which is easily fixed with some tablets.

Now I have my dietician on Monday and the endoscopy on Tuesday and after that it should be all good to meet with the Surgeon again and get a date !

I am going to start my diary in the next day or so, so hopefully I can catch up with you over there !

have a great day everyone, MM
Back to top Go down
Kat1974
Kat1974

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The journey has started....   The journey has started.... EmptyMon 01 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm

I'm new too MM and I get my sleeve on August 4 2015! I am so excited and wish it could be sooner. I'm 41 and I got up over 140kg when I went to see the surgeon two months ago but I'm being so strict that I'm down to 132 now. Breast feeding and having to slow down was when my weight really piled on but I've never been small. Hoping to get below 80 kg (75 perhaps) but haven't been that since I was in year 9. I'm 178 cm tall and built like a brick wall so that will put me in size 12/14 clothes... What a dream that will be! I look forward to keeping motivated by yours and everyone else's journeys.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The journey has started....   The journey has started.... EmptyFri 29 May 2015, 9:54 am

Hey Missymoo,

A great post for the beginning of your diary.  I could "hear" your past frustrations along with your current determination, and you also seem to have a great sense of community spirit (I'm sure you will do exactly what you said and "pay it forward" as your journey progresses - that's one of my favourite ideas).

Anyway, welcome aboard and best wishes with your endoscopy, etc. It's soooo going to be worth it.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
QuirkyQuaintrelle
Part of the furniture
QuirkyQuaintrelle

Female
Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2014-09-25

PostSubject: Re: The journey has started....   The journey has started.... EmptyFri 29 May 2015, 8:44 am

Hi ya missymoo and welcome to the forum! I can really relate to the vicious yo-yo diet cycle and am so glad that's now behind me. As you've no doubt found in your research, this surgery is a tool and our success is in large part down to what we want to put into it but it definitely works! Best of luck with your upcoming appointments and I look forward to seeing you round the forum!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/TheQuirkyQuaintrelle
Missymoo45

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-04-13

PostSubject: The journey has started....   The journey has started.... EmptyFri 29 May 2015, 3:40 am

Hello everyone, I am finally moving forward and having the surgery – I  have had my first meeting with my Surgeon yesterday !, About me,  I am 45, mother of one 3 year old boy and I’m married, I live in Perth.

I have been ferreting around this forum for a few months now, and I am amazed by the support and kind words offered to fellow pre-sleeve or sleevers, it is so great to see such support and without the negative comments you see on other forums.

How the hell did I get here, is a question I have been asking myself a lot lately.  I have been over weight for all of my adult life, it started off back at 18 or 19 when I had left school and slowly put on more and more weight.  I sat around a size 16 for 5 years or so (I have no idea what my weight was) then over the years I have crept up and up.  I had stabilised for another 5 years or so at about 110kg and a size 20, of course I have tried every diet and plan possible over the years, joined gyms, had great plans but each and every time I failed and ended up putting the weight back on with some more on top. Now after a pregnancy at 41 and many years of weight loss failures, I find myself with a weight of 131kg (size 24 – 26)..( I’m 167cm)  it’s very scary to put this in words in a public place, my husband only found out what I weighed when I was pregnant, I had never discussed “the number” with him.

So after a very good meeting with the Surgeon, I have appointments to meet the Dr and the Dietician and for an endoscopy – all in the next 10 days, after that they will give me my surgery date, but they tell me it will likely be July.

So the journey begins, I have decided to complete a diary entry on this forum so I can remind myself of why I am here and keep myself accountable and to hopefully look back one day when I am slimmer and healthier.   I have scoured the pages of people’s diaries and entries and I can only say a collective thankyou to everyone who puts their hearts on these pages, the information has been priceless.  I have never written on a forum, I don’t even have Facebook!!  But I hope I can join the club and share my experiences with you all, hopefully I can pay it forward and help someone else in time.

MM ( missymoo45)The journey has started.... 355206
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The journey has started....   The journey has started.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The journey has started....
Page 1 of 1