AuthorMessage
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

So the countdown has started Empty
PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:51 am

i can't cook at all so i just threw

water, mushrooms, carrots, onion and 3 stock cubes with about 100g of tomato paste

it's actually ok but i made the mistake of having it for an afternoon tea snack and then for dinner with vegies thrown in

it looked like vomit!

i then had the chocolate dessert for dessert!
putrid!

although the girls said to put it in the freezer so i'll try that next time

yech
mel
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:45 am

Hey Mel,

whats the homemade soup?

I know it's going to kill me, I know it's only 2 weeks, but I get so uncomfortable when i am hungry.

Roll on the 10th and then the 16th!!

Jane xx
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:29 am

well day 1 is over - this is going to be really hard
i am already sick of my homemade soup and as for the optifast dessert - YUCK!

i am going to bed really early :(
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 6:24 am

not long now mel good luck with the opti!! X
Back to top Go down
Kilted
Kilted

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 6:20 am

Optifast coffee is my favourite too. I'm not a breakfast person so often have one - with an extra shot!

Last edited by Kilted on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 6:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 2:11 am

i had the coffee this morning with much trepidation and yes, it was nice (phew)
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 2:07 am

Hi all,
The opti is a given for pretty much all of us and as long as you remember that it is to shrink your liver so that the surgery CAN go ahead you will be right.

My favorite is the coffee opti and strawberry is my second. Mind you I still have one a day now so I am probably not the best person on here to talk about OPTI LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 1:39 am

hey jane
i think i'll have to pay tomorrow for my surgery - guess i'd better clear the card!

wow nicole that's great! 10kg!
i agree i think the cooking is going to be hard - i'm kinda lucky as hubby works away - i prepared a whole heap of meals yesterday and froze them and i'm just going to cook stuff i hate LOL for the dinners now!

Back to top Go down
nickif
nickif

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyMon 26 Jul 2010, 11:28 pm

i get sleeved on the 9th August but i started my opti 1 week early i'm on day 8 of 21 its not as hard as i thought it would be just keep busy i find it the hardest when i'm cooking for the family and the smell gets to me but other than that smooth sailing so far.

Nicole

PS i weighed in yesterday at the doc's and i lost 10kg this week so its obviously working
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyMon 26 Jul 2010, 10:34 pm

Hey there!!! woo hoo!!

When i saw the dietican she told me she found some more 'opti-packs' so I have one too. Read all the literature last night in the box from 'band buddies'! I also paid for my surgery yesterday aswell, so it's a done deal now.

I dreamt last night about carrot cake with cream cheese icing!!! but I couldn't get it to, it was across a paddock on a table!!! My god I'm more stressed about the bloody opti than the op!

Good luck, let me know how it goes, bet there are some horrible parts to the pack, but hey it's 2 weeks and we'll loose weight for sure.

Good luck, so good to see you yesterday1

Janexxx
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyMon 26 Jul 2010, 10:29 pm

opti starts now! wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyMon 26 Jul 2010, 1:16 pm

Congratulations Mel (& Sandra) you're definately on the way now So the countdown has started 446871

The kit from the dietician sounds a great way to get organised, especially if it's someone elses shout, LOL.

Hugs to you both - Carrie xx
Back to top Go down
cocoloco
Part of the furniture
cocoloco

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyMon 26 Jul 2010, 12:47 pm

Hi Mel,

Yes I am one week into the evil opti :-(

I have bad and good days - I am at home with the kids so being in the kitchen/cooking & feeding them food has made it that little bit harder. Drinking water had definitely helped - when I feel hungry I try and drink a full glass of water (with diet cordial) and that seems to fill me up for a little while!

Other than that keeping busy and focusing on my surgery date has kept me on the straight and narrow!

Coco x
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyMon 26 Jul 2010, 12:31 pm

Nat that sounds great!

Coco - you're already on the dreaded opti i'm assuming LOL how's it going? Any tips?
Back to top Go down
cocoloco
Part of the furniture
cocoloco

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyMon 26 Jul 2010, 11:14 am

Hi Mel,

I am being sleeved by Dr T too...all the best for Opt :-)

Coco x
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyMon 26 Jul 2010, 10:38 am

Way to go Mel... I start opti on the 2nd of August..

I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

Nat
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started EmptyMon 26 Jul 2010, 10:29 am

Saw the dietician today and am starting the optislim tomorrow
they said we can have other brands but they recommend the opti - now i'm not sure if they get a kickback or not but i decided to do exactly as they recommended
we got the kit today from the dietician (varied opti stuff, multivitamins - we tried them and they're fine, shaker, plate etc etc) and added bargain my gorgeous mother paid for my kit (200 odd dollars)!

then went to woollies and stocked up on diet jellies / diet drinks / mineral water and that's pretty much it!

300 dollars later (of course i only paid 70 of it) - it costs a lot to not eat much

ran into the gorgeous janelou at the dieticians too

bring on the 10th of august - i may expire from the butterflys that have permanently set up camp in my (soon to be halved) stomach!

ps seeing the surgeon wed

mel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So the countdown has started   So the countdown has started Empty

Back to top Go down

So the countdown has started
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: