BeK87
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BeK87

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-07-07

Keep getting sick!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 11:24 pm

Hi guys,

Cee,
Solids are getting better now. I've learnt that I start to burp when I'm nearly full so now that I have that as a sign I know when to stop lol.. All going good so far and I'm stoked!!

Keza,
Thanks for that info!! Soup sounds delish!! Will definitely be giving it a go :)
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 3:14 am

Hi again Kazz and Bek

The protein bars Im trying are Protein FX Lo Carb. 210calories per whole bar, but I have half at am/pm, so the same cals as an opti bar..

Protein is 17.4g per bar. Fat 6g Sugars 2.4g. There are good flavours for the choc lovers too, just not as heavy as the opti ones.

Made an awesome chicken soup yesterday. Chicken legs (the bones add so much flavour), creamed corn, massel stock cubes, seasonings/fresh chives, grated carrots, shredded silverbeet...mMMMMMMmmm...Another way to boost that protein and feel satisfied your nutrition is high....

Have a great week!
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 10:13 am

BeK87 wrote:
Thanks littlemisscee!!

Il try the white meats and see how I go!! I'm slowly starting to learn that I need to eat slowly. My brain still has a lot of learning to do now that my Tum is smaller lol

I've been reading your diary and its a good read :) youve done really well!!!

You're quite welcome, and thank you so much! :)

How have the solids been the last few days for you?
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 6:27 am

You get little protein bars in Woolies called Well Naturally,they are not to bad.
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 5:22 am

Hi Bek and Kazz

Bloody menopause, cannot remember the brands, only the taste! haahaaaa. Will get some more tomorrow and have a look and post the name of the protein bars..... sorry for my memory lapse...

Like many of you, the change from scoffin down food to small bites, chewing very well and finding the balance of fullness is a realy journey...

I like Little Miss C's advise on white meats, I have found this absolutely true, although a little bit of lamb is ok for me, just such a small portion, like a matchbox shape... learned the hard way, as usual. I tried two small meatballs yesterday, tiny bites and then stopped.

Chicken and fish are my easiest options and I dont feel sick after them. Ive kept on the milky drinks and custards, but got a bit slack with the protein powder (Sustagen Hospital neutral), am making an effort to remember to add some each day... Had half a very small piece of spinach and fetta quiche today, stopped half way, realised Id had enough and ditched the rest...Gosh, I can hear my mother from my childhood - waste not want not. RUBBISH!!!

Started yoga two weeks ago, back Tues night, cannot wait, my body loved it, opened me up, soothed my sore muscles.... Started water aerobics yesterday, what a work out! Wow! So much easier on me than boxing and step ups! Being in the tropics it worked a treat, dont feel the sweat running..

Trying not to weigh myself too much, got too obsessed by it.. and then cross if I gained anything (fluid, or not remembering Osmolax for a couple of days, read between the lines!)

Going out for dinner tonight, that sounds funny really.. Will have a nibble of something yum..and a champagne to celebrate six weeks out from surgery...

Love and blessings to you amazing women!

Keep getting sick!! 369315Keep getting sick!! 217555Keep getting sick!! 120705
Back to top Go down
BeK87

Female

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013, 2:02 am

Thanks littlemisscee!!

Il try the white meats and see how I go!! I'm slowly starting to learn that I need to eat slowly. My brain still has a lot of learning to do now that my Tum is smaller lol

I've been reading your diary and its a good read :) youve done really well!!!
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 2:57 pm

Try staying away from red meats maybe for a bit and going with white meats.

It took quite a few months for my new tum to get used to red meats for some reason, and white went down a treat.

But also just remember to eat super slow, and start looking out for signs that you're "full". Some people sneeze, some hiccup, etc.

You'll soon learn what does & doesn't work for you.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 4:24 am

Hi Keza

Can you tell me what protein bars you bought ??

Thanks Karen
Back to top Go down
evergreen

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-02-04

PostSubject: Liquids   Keep getting sick!! EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 3:40 am

Hi, can you give some example of what type of liquids you are taking, im 3 weeks of having the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
BeK87

Female

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 1:30 am

Hi keza!!

Thanks for that! I really thought my doctor or dietitian had given me the wrong info but I guess everyone is different and we are obviously on the same boat :) I think that's my problem I still am thinking the way I did before the sleeve and et too quickly and then... Well u know what happens after that lol..

I really hope I'm not stretching it especially at this early stage anyway...

I'm goin to take it easy definitely! I had porridge this morning for breakfast and it went down well and has kept me full for quite a while!! Chicken and sweet corn soup for lunch!! I'm hoping the chicken won't give me any problems lol..

All the best with your journey kaz!! 5.5 weeks an the rest of your life to go!! It sooo exciting hey!!! X

Bek

Back to top Go down
Keza

Female

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 11:53 am

Hi Bek87

Im now 5.5 weeks out. Dietician said minced food/meat, stews etc almost two weeks ago, I have to go easy too, as the food wants to come up if I eat too quickly.

Like you worrying about stretching the sleeve, but I dont think that is really happening at all. The tummy seems to be getting used to food now, just I have to pull up quicker than I want to when Im enjoying particular food/taste.

Anyhow, Im still taking custards, yogurts as well, today I had mixed home cooked vegies and parma cheese for lunch, it was good....this makes sure I get the protein in. I also bought a couple of diferent types of protein bars at Woolies today, darn nice, high in protein, low carb and nicer than our ole mate Opti!!

Hang in there, youre doing fine!
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 6:06 am

Yeah take things easy,after my time on liquids,i then went on to pureed for two weeks ,then mushie for two weeks,then went onto soft fish,mince and mashed potato,cruskits are good with a boiled egg.just don't rush on to more solid food.
Back to top Go down
BeK87

Female

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 3:59 am

Thanks margd,

I think I will keep off meat for another week an try again next week!! I also think I am maybe eating too much and need to slow down.. It's definitely going to take me a while to get used to my new tiny tum.. Hopefully I'm not stretching it eeek..
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 3:27 am

It is trial and error,like you said one day you'll eat something and feel fine the next its a struggle.I had to be on liquids for two and a half weeks,so i would say take it easy with foods its all still pretty new.
Back to top Go down
BeK87

Female

PostSubject: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 3:16 am

Hi all, I am 3 and a half weeks post op and I am on mushy stage but my surgeon and dietitian have said I m allowed stewed meats and mince?? Sometimes my stomach can handle it and sometimes I need to get sick to feel better?? They said trial and error to find out what I can eat and what I can't but I am really worried I may be stretching my sleeve? If anyone has any info or can share their experiences that would be great!!

Thanks all and good luck with your journeys X

Bek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keep getting sick!!   Keep getting sick!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Keep getting sick!!
Page 1 of 1