AuthorMessage
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

First time sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time sick....   First time sick.... EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 6:36 am

I love your posts Applesauce, you always say what needs to be said with such humour First time sick.... 65317

I think the scary thing about being sleeved is realising how much food we used to eat and how little your body actually needs to keep itself going.

When I go off my food, I make sure I take my vitamins and have a skim milk protein shake. Soup is also quite good until you feel like getting back onto solids.

Hope you're feeling better soon El Jefe, I've seen the snow over there brrrrr... I'm in Cairns and its hot and humid which also puts you off your food. Water is the answer.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: First time sick....   First time sick.... EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 3:02 am

I have been sick twice now since having the sleeve and I discovered what it was like to struggle to eat for the first time in my life. Even getting in a cup of soup was close to impossible. The reality tho is THAT is how it is for a lot of people when sick tho it is not something that is just a sleeve thing. We where the size we where for lots of reasons one of them usally a constiution that meant we could still hoover when ill. So yes this sudden pretty normal thing a very tough time eating or even drinking when ill is VERY strange and new to the vast majority of us.

I would not panic or be over concerned about it just be aware you may be like this now and keep an eye on being hdrated and understand that you are like a very normal percentage of the population now. If you get concerned about hdration levels pop along to the hospital.

As for the protien intake to bad to sad modify your activities like you are meant to when ill to account for the lack of energy your body is taking in. You will just work your way back to normal eventually and trust me there are sleevers all over the world surviving perfecting well actually oh my oh my thriving without counting how much protien they are putting in their bodies every day of their lives :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: First time sick....   First time sick.... EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 10:21 pm

Yep I had a stomach bug over christmas (of all times!) and it took me a few days to get back to being able to eat 'normally'. I bet you are really noticing the cold now you've lost all that weight, rug up, sip sip sip and I hope you feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: First time sick....   First time sick.... EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 9:22 pm

So sorry to hear you're under the weather Jeff. I haven't had a tummy bug - I did get a nasty mucus-producing (sorry TMI) upper respiratory infection. It didn't seem to make a difference to what I could eat/drink.

Look after yourself! That is way too cold for Texas!
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
El Jefe

Male
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: First time sick....   First time sick.... EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 3:30 pm

OK, so I am feeling a little under the weather. It is colder than it is ever supposed to be in Texas (18 F, -9 C for you Aussies...) and I am miserable, and I caught a stomach bug that's going around. This is the first time I have been sick since my surgery a year ago. A couple of things I noticed -
1) it is almost impossible to stay hydrated
2) my stomach seemed to have shrunk!?! I can only eat like what I could immediately post op?

I am having problems staying hydrated and eating enough protein to keep going. Anyone else have these issues when they get sick?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?id=138585
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time sick....   First time sick.... Empty

Back to top Go down

First time sick....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: