Phee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Phee

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Sick of being sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick of being sick   Sick of being sick EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 11:50 am

Hello again...
Time for an update I thought... The sickness carried on for weeks. I was in a strange position as I paid privately for my surgery in the Czech republic and then got stuck between the surgeon out there saying it was psychological, my doctor here saying it was nothing to do with him, and another private surgeon in the UK being reluctant to pick my case up. I had booked to return to the Cz republic when I found out that I was only taking 1/4 of the medication that I was meant to be taking (again - poor communication between the surgeon and my GP). So, I've upped the omeprazole to 40mg a day and the sickness has stopped!

It's amazing - I feel like a normal person again. I can drink a cup of tea before it goes stone cold, I can eat in public without risk of being sick down myself and I don't feel so hideously unwell.

I would put a huge warning on travelling abroad for surgery - it's all fine if it's fine but it seems that complications are really hard to get resolved.

On a plus note, I've lost over 70% of my excess weight during the sick time!

Thanks for the support,
Fiona.
Back to top Go down
jennigab

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-10-08

Sick of being sick Empty
PostSubject: sick of being sick   Sick of being sick EmptySat 08 Oct 2011, 4:28 am

I was sick too for abouut 5 weeks getting sick myself several times a day not eating.. They ran a lot of test on me to check my gallbladder all test were normal.. But then the 2nd time I was admitted they ran a lot of other test on me. A hydro scan, ultra sound, xrays. I ended up having to have my gall bladder removed and sure enough even though all the test came back showing nothing wrong w/ my gall bladder it was diseased. So, maybe they can check your gallbladder b/c since its been removed I have not gotten sick again. I feel "normal" again. So, if they test y ou and say its functioning right it can still be bad. Its rare they said but it can happen. So, dont give up hope.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Sick of being sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick of being sick   Sick of being sick EmptySun 04 Sep 2011, 10:05 pm

What do you mean, 'your provider'? Your surgeon?

Have you had the tests done yet? If not, you need to do it now.

And you need to see your surgeon asap.

Please - this site is great for help, but does not replace your doc.

Don't delay - you've waited too long already.

Good luck, and let us know how you go.Sick of being sick 217555
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Sick of being sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick of being sick   Sick of being sick EmptySun 04 Sep 2011, 9:51 pm

You've been vomiting 3 times a day for 6 weeks?!?!?! Have you been back to your surgeon? If not, get back there ASAP as you may have a leak. They can develop later than immediately postop. Of course, you may have a different issue, but if you're vomiting bile routinely, you need a swallow study or CT scan at the minimum. Go yesterday, if not sooner.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Sick of being sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick of being sick   Sick of being sick EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

I agree, definitely not normal.
I am heading to 2 years post op and haven't vomited once,

You need to have your tests done asap.

Sick of being sick 217555 Sick of being sick 217555
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Sick of being sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick of being sick   Sick of being sick EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 9:40 pm

Yes - second that. Get to your GP. Did they remove your gallbladder when you were sleeved?
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Sick of being sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick of being sick   Sick of being sick EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

Oh Fiona, you poor thing!

This is DEFINATELY NOT normal!!

You need to go back to your surgeon ASAP.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Back to top Go down
Phee

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Sick of being sick Empty
PostSubject: Sick of being sick   Sick of being sick EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 5:03 pm

Dear fellow sleevers... please help me. I am sick to death of being sick. I'm 9 weeks post op and was fine for 3 weeks or so, and then I started vomitting... It's about 3 times a day, maybe more and I proper heave my guts up. Sometimes it's straight after I eat, sometimes it's when I've not eaten for a while... there seems to be no pattern to it. Sometimes I throw up the food I've eaten, sometimes it's white frothy saliva, sometimes it's bright yellow stuff.

My throat is now soooooo sore - it kinda feels like it's filled with stones so I'm assuming there's some scabbing going on from the vomitting. I've tried going back to liquids, I've tried mush, I've tried eating more regularly and I'm now at my wits end.

I kinda get no warning - all is ok, then I cough, then I'm heaving my guts up. I can't even get to a bathroom in time so have been sick at the table, down myself, in my motorcycle helmet and all manner of other places. It's hell.

Has anyone else gone through this? Does it stop? I spoke to my provider who said it was very unusual and that I needed to get some blood tests and an Xray... god alone knows how long that will take to sort out.

On the plus side - the weight is dropping off of me quicker than I could have wished for but it's hardly surprising when I'm consuming close to nothing!

All suggestions greatly appreciated!
Fiona.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sick of being sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick of being sick   Sick of being sick Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick of being sick
Page 1 of 1