2 posters
AuthorMessage
LAJ
LAJ

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-07-12

Is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this normal?   Is this normal? EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 10:49 pm

Hi Freddo1

I was done by Adam Skidmore at Linacre, a small hospital in Hampton, they were fantastic. I am feeling much better today but still seeing my GP this morning.

My weight loss seems to have stalled the last coupe of days, that is normal I think because I am certainly not eating enough for it to change. I don't think I will weigh myself for a week (if I can keep of the scales).

This was my first ever op so all going well!

Back to top Go down
Freddo1
Freddo1

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this normal?   Is this normal? EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 11:34 am

Thanks, LAJ. I had a band before this, and when I initially lost weight with that (it failed, later) I had dizzy spells too. With your weight loss to date, you might need to go onto a lower dose. I think you're right about taking time to adjust - I'm no spring chicken either (over 60) - so I'm not expecting it all just to fall into place. I'm prepared for some ups and downs.

Well done on the phenomenal weight loss - I can't wait.

I saw my GP this afternoon, and he's put me on diuretics, which should help with the puffiness and and the blood pressure.

I see you're from Melbourne too - where were you done? I was at Cabrini - they were wonderful.
Back to top Go down
LAJ
LAJ

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-07-12

Is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this normal?   Is this normal? EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 10:14 am

Hi Freddo1

I am 3 and half weeks out and felt really good for the first couple of weeks but have been really tired and dizzy this last week. I have been on blood pressure tablets for the last 10 years but feel that with the weight loss, over 10 kilos since Opti, and the minimal diet I could be suffering from low blood pressure as I am still taking my tablets or dehydration. Seeing my GP tomorrow.

Apart from that I have been doing really well but looking forward to eating in a more normal fashion, it seems I either eat almost the required amount and not enough to drink or drink enough and not fit in enough food. I know it will get better but very happy with the weight loss so far, I am now under 110 for the first time in probably 20 years, I started at 128.5. I have been told it can take up to 6-8 weeks until your body settles down and being a more mature, as am I, it is not unusual for it to be at the end of the scale.

Hang in there it will be worth it in the end, I already feel better about myself for finally taking positive steps to look after me.
Back to top Go down
Freddo1
Freddo1

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Is this normal?   Is this normal? EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 4:26 am

OK, so I'm five days out and have no cause for complaint. Absolutely no pain in the stomach area, not hungry and out of hospital within four days. Doc says I'm doing really well.

And now for the complaining. Can anyone out there let me know if they went through similar? I like to know if I'm "normal" - though I know that it's going to be different for everyone.

My blood pressure is my main concern. I've been on meds for years, and it's been well controlled. It was up somewhat in hospital and the nurses commented a few times, though it didn't cause much alarm (I was taking my usual meds). I've been keeping an eye on it at home for the last two days, and it remains high. I'm not comfortable with the bottom level being over 90 and the top level is much higher than normal. I even doubled my dose of meds today to see if it would help. It didn't. I'm seeing my GP this afternoon to see if there's any reason to worry. Did anyone else have blood pressure problems after surgery? Is it connected to the fact that I'm still as puffy as a penguin? I can't wait to get rid of the fluid. I came out of hospital 3 kilos heavier than when I went in, despite the fact that I basically didn't eat for 4 days!

Also, am experiencing some really nasty headaches (possibly connected to blood pressure, I guess). Finally, there's some major swings too - feeling physically great, elated and full of energy one day (or hour), and dopey and listless the next.

I know the body is going through some major adjustments, but I wonder how long this is going to go on, before I even out.

Interestingly, food is the least of my problems. Small amounts of liquid and puree are fine. Watching my husband and daughter scoff a couple of Subways didn't cause any desire to join them. My leek, potato and cheese soup was just fine for me.

Love to hear from those who can remember the first couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this normal?   Is this normal? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this normal?
Page 1 of 1