4 posters
AuthorMessage
blinmas
blinmas

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-02-20

woohoo its happening! Empty
PostSubject: Its been a quick start to    woohoo its happening! EmptyWed 20 Feb 2013, 2:00 pm

Well I only made up my mind 3 weeks ago I'm going to have a gastric sleeve. I made an appointment with a Bariatric group and had my first appointment last Thursday with the Nurse Consultant. I have seen the GP, Dietitian & Psychologist over the last two days. All is go for Friday 8th March 2013. I have not seen the surgeon only met him, but I liked him so I thought well you've done lots of these so I'm in. I start the Optifast on Friday and have been weening of the shit food since last week. But tomorrow I'm going to have a steak and salad for the last time for some time.

Looking forward to chatting with you and getting to know you over the next many weeks and months and years.

Cheers
Sue
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 11:16 am

Poor Bellshell
I was thinking of you on Sunday and thought you were due to go to hospital.
At least its all over now so onwards and upwards.
Not long and you will be off to Bali. xx

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 3:34 am

I got home form hospital today. My gallbladder was removed yesterday and the surgeon tells me just in time as it was swollen and angry. On Sunday I had noticed I didnt feel too good.

I am glad its over. One thing I was supprised about was the pain. I was expecting it to be less than the sleeve. Oh no, it was worse. I shouldnt complain as I didnt have any attacks.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptySat 09 Feb 2013, 12:48 am

Gee I hope I dont have problems. All the best for your surgery. !xx
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female

PostSubject: Re: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyThu 07 Feb 2013, 4:25 am

It does seem really common to have your gallbladder out after a sleeve. I have been fortunate as I have not had attacks or been sick. I just had some discomfort. No reflux at all. I didn't have it before the sleeve and never had any after. I had seen a good friend of mine really really sick with her gallbladder and knowing it is common I went to the doctor. She said I would have had the stones before I lost weight, they just move more as my body had been processing all my exccess fat while losing weight.

But my sergon said when I had a consult before I had my sleeve done that if I need any further surgery due to having the sleeve within 2 years of the sleeve surgery that he woudl operate for free. He told me its common to have gallbladder problems.

My doctor was supprised when I told what he had said. On my own reasearch I have found a really low calorie diet is just as prone to causing gallstones as eating lots of really unhealthy foods.

Another thing that can cause them is rapid weightloss. Which I think the sleeve put me in the catagory of eatting a very low calorie diet and very early I lost 1-2 kilos a week till I got to 30kg loss.

I think thats why I got them. But I am sure others would have different experiences.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 11:06 pm

I agree with your hubby. You will be fine at that hotel. Nusa Dua is a pretty up market place as far as hotels go.
Still Jealous!!!!!
I see so many people have their gall bladders out after they have sleeves. Why is that? What happens? I know reflux can get bad.
Im hoping mine will get better as I have only really been suffering it over the last 3 -4months and am sure it is my weight as I am the heaviest I have ever been.
Doc says it may get better as I will be taking the pressure off my stomach.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female

PostSubject: Re: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 8:59 pm

Thank you for the info. We are staying at the Nusa Dua Hotel and Spa, in Nusa Dua. We are going to celebrate my husbands and his mates 40th birthday. So there is the 4 of us travelling together. My husband keeps telling me its a 5 star resort the drinks will be fine. I am not so sure. We paid for a club room as that gives us access to alot more included in the price, like the cocktails, canapes, breakfast and wifi. There is a swim up bar. I keep looking for reviews to see if anyone has had any bad effects from the drinks where we are staying. I am unable to find any bad reports.

I go to the doc today to get my results for my gallbladder ultrsound. I had seen the bariatric nurse a couple of weeks ago, shelogged in and got my results and once my sergon saw my report. He wanted me booked in for removal.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 11:32 am

Hi Bellshell
Bali is a bit scary at the moment but if you drink at the hotels generally you should be ok. Where are you staying? Mind you someone that died last year was drinking at the Bounty hotel where heaps of Aussies stay. Last time we were drinking at the Bamboo thats owned by a couple of aussies which we felt was very safe.
Take your duty free and buy your mixers over there. We always take our drinks to the pool but are discreet. Also some clubs are so busy you cant get near the bars, last year my son was buying bottled drinks at the local mart and taking them into the bars and noone noticed.
Best thing we ever have done in Bali was quad biking and riding dune buggies. Highly recommend it.
we always use the blue bird cabs also and mAke sure they turn the meter on.
im so jealous that your are goin. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Sigh... but I am using my holidays to get my op done. But hey, Koh Samui for xmas with my new body and I will be getting photos every opportunity. Probably be a few selfies in there too lol.
If you want any other info on Bali just sing out.
Oh and you should register on DFAT. Always my personal precaution
so someone will want to find me if something happens lol. Good luck with the Gall bladder. Keep me posted how you track.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female

PostSubject: Re: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 11:11 am

Congratulations on your date all about me. I got a date today too, but mine was gallbladder removal. I was booked in for the 4th of March but a spot came up on the 18th of Feb as I will be making my first trip to Bali in April I happly brought it forward to allow more time for recovery.

Could you give me any tips about Bali, my friend rang me in a panic worried about me drinking in Bali. She is convinced I am going to die if I drink any cocktails there. The place we have booked has 2 hours of free cocktails every eveing.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 9:52 am

Thanks Jenben.
Yes it looks like there are a few of us.
Back to top Go down
JenBen
Part of the furniture
JenBen

Female
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 3:27 am

Congratulations allaboutme. It's nice to see another Perth dweller, I think we might be starting to take over.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 11:14 am

Hi Peoples
I had an appointment with Dr Padovasn today and have a date for my sleeve as 18th March.
I was a bit nervous that I wouldn't get a go ahead date with a BMI of 35 but my Blood pressure etc was a reason to do it.
I have done the yo yo diet thing for over 10 years and even am a life timer at weight watchers. But slowly over the years I have found myself here. After watching my Mum diet all her life and still stress when she gains a kilo I want to enjoy my life and not have the stress of ending up where I am now.
I want to be able to have photos with my kids. They are growing up so fast and I am missing out on sharing these photographic milestones with them. I have been to Bali 5 times and have really no photos of me on holidays to show what a good time I have had.
so yes its Allaboutme this year
xxx
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: woohoo its happening!   woohoo its happening! Empty

Back to top Go down

woohoo its happening!
Page 1 of 1