mandy4848
10 posters
AuthorMessage
want2beme

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-12-04

What is happening???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptyTue 08 Mar 2011, 2:06 am

Your BF said WHAT???

*Kicks bf in the butt*

Pity we cant get personality sleeves done on some folk.
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptyTue 01 Mar 2011, 5:49 am

It is so upsetting when you actually gain a bit of weight in the early days of the surgery... I felt like such a failure, on top of all the other things to deal with in the early days after sleeve surgery.

Gee you guys give such sensible, caring and helpful advice. It is extremely terrific. So many people on this site have helped me (and countless others) enormously.

A big hug to you Mandy! What is happening???? 217555
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptyMon 28 Feb 2011, 7:11 pm

zoemyers wrote:
I hope I do not sound like a know it all here, but you are soooo early in the process you cannot have done anything wrong. Your body may be readjusting the water level in response to losing the first batch of weight. My weight loss after the surgery took a while to kick in - I know many people post impressive numbers right away, but I sure did not, and I'm now total 33kgs down nine months later. Especially if you lost weight pre op, your body may do the plateau thing by now.

Just keep following the dietician's advice and keep eating the protein first. We all have the sleeve for the the rest of our lives, so there is no rush to lose all the weight yesterday, although I know I wanted to! The body does hit plateaus, it does go back up (I gained 1.5 kg with water weight at my last TOM, but am now 3 kgs below that three weeks later) but if you take care of the protein and being healthy it will work.

You will do great!

Zoe
What is happening???? 63412

Thank you! I didn't think about it like that, "we have the sleeve for the rest of our life" I have always given myself a time limit and stressed when I dont get to the goals I want to be at. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

What is happening???? 217555
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptySun 27 Feb 2011, 11:02 pm

Relax, heal, and don't weigh yourself.

Easier said than done, I know! But seriously, you've had the surgery and you're not eating or drinking much. The weight WILL come off!
Back to top Go down
AliceInWonderland
AliceInWonderland

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptySun 27 Feb 2011, 9:25 pm

Hi Mandy....

Can I just say I'm so glad you posted this!

I just had my surgery only 2 weeks ago, and I stepped on the scales this morning and it was 1 kg heavier! Of course I know it's only 1 kg in the grand scheme of things, but I totally freaked out. After reading so many diaries, with lots of people posting impressive losses in the first month or so, I too thought I'd ruined my sleeve already or something like that....

Of course I'm still only on purees, and focussing on getting any sort of protein in I can, the only thing I can think of is that I'm not drinking enough water.... I am getting closer and closer to that 1 litre mark with each day that I heal, but I guess my body is trying to tell me that is not enough.... Well I hope that's what it is anyway!

Any suggestions welcomed to ease my mind!

xx
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 9:08 pm

Honestly, it's so hard when other people make comments that are off the cuff and not intended to be taken too seriously, but for us this is SUCH an emotional journey, it's hard not to react to everything, especially in the first few months.

My advice, ditch the scales for a while, I learnt very early on that I had to weigh once a fortnight!! Yes, I went down to weighing once a fortnight because my loss was so slow or non existent and that was after 1 month!!

I have not loss more than 0.5 kilo since about week 5 or 6, and even now I go to the gym 4 times a week for an hour of hard work and I lose 1/2 a kilo.

Relax, step back from the scales and let your body recover, you are taking in less than you need so you will lose weight but also make sure you are making wise choices, it didn't take my body long to balance out and I sat at a plateau for 4 weeks at 16 weeks post op and only got moving when I started at the gym and cut back on my food intake.

Good luck!

Janelou xx
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 8:39 pm

Or you might not be eating enough to lose weight!

If you don't eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode and hangs onto the weight.

So you can tell him that little bit of info!!

Men What is happening???? 595690
Back to top Go down
mandy4848
mandy4848

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 8:13 pm

i think i just neeeded some reassurance, i received a horrible comment from my boyfriend the other day. He asked how much weight id lost this week and i said id stayed the same he replyed with ' maybe your eating just enough to stay fat' it upset me so much i went and had a cry, first time id felt emotional since i had the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 6:43 pm

That's right - you're not alone as a lot of people have had similar experiences. Don't fret - I know (we all do) what it feels like to think that this won't work for you, after trying everything else under the sun first, but it will.
Try to relax into it and don't stress - and don't weigh every day, as it can do your head in...
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 1:27 am

yep listen to zoe!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 7:55 pm

zoemyers wrote:
I hope I do not sound like a know it all here, but you are soooo early in the process you cannot have done anything wrong. Your body may be readjusting the water level in response to losing the first batch of weight. My weight loss after the surgery took a while to kick in - I know many people post impressive numbers right away, but I sure did not, and I'm now total 33kgs down nine months later. Especially if you lost weight pre op, your body may do the plateau thing by now.

Just keep following the dietician's advice and keep eating the protein first. We all have the sleeve for the the rest of our lives, so there is no rush to lose all the weight yesterday, although I know I wanted to! The body does hit plateaus, it does go back up (I gained 1.5 kg with water weight at my last TOM, but am now 3 kgs below that three weeks later) but if you take care of the protein and being healthy it will work.

You will do great!

Zoe

I agree with Zoe.

The first month is really an adjusting period for your body so who knows what it does weight wise.

I was a really slow loser in the beginning, but stuck with everything my dietician told me and look where I am today!
Happy and healthy and below goal.

Good luck with your journey.

What is happening???? 217555 What is happening???? 217555
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 3:54 pm

You will do great!

Zoe
Back to top Go down
mandy4848
mandy4848

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: What is happening????   What is happening???? EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 10:45 am

Hey Everyone!!

I had my op 3 weeks ago today and ever since I started my mushies I have put on weight (It's about 1.5kg's) I know its not much but shouldn't I still be loosing weight since I'm only eating a couple of mouth fulls or so. Is it just that my body is adjusting?? I'm going to start exercising next week, my incisions are still quite tender so I dont feel comfortable just yet. I hope I havn't failed already :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is happening????   What is happening???? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is happening????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: