9 posters
AuthorMessage
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Ok what on earth is happening???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 11:23 am

You have lost a hell of a lot in a couple of weeks kazmac. You can't expect to keep losing at that rate.
Back to top Go down
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 11:19 am

I dont think the ice-cream would be helping
Back to top Go down
kazmac33
kazmac33

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

Perhaps need to concentrate on only taking in protein now rather than the carbohydrate/sweet stuff as for the liquid phase eg. yoghurt, ice cream etc. STILL 80.6kg and have been that for about 5 days now. Just want to get to my first goal of 80kgs!! Starting back at exercise classes tomorrow night so hoping that will kick start weight loss moving again.
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 2:37 am

I got so used to seeing a drop everyday during my extended opti phase and then straight after the surgery that I started to panic when the scales started yo-yo-ing. And as you get further along there will be more plateaus ... it can mess with your head but is definitely not uncommon.Ok what on earth is happening???? 595690

Not getting enough calories can cause a plateau too - my dietitian suggested I track my calorie intake (for a week or two) and try to get between 1000 to 1200 per day ... as soon as I did this my weight started moving again. Most days I found I had to eat more.

I know you're not quite at this stage, but thought it may be good to keep in mind.

As others have said, it's great to do measurements along the way because a stall on the scales doesn't always reflect what your body is doing. I measure and take photos every two weeks still and it really keeps me motivated.

Back to top Go down
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 12:16 am

You don't have to do anything Kazmac. Continue doing as you have been and the weightloss will start again. This is the beauty of the sleeve. I think when i stalled at a couple of weeks, I would have given up had I been on a diet but it is inevitable that we will keep losing weight on the sleeve as we are not physically able to eat what we used to. Don't panic. The weightloss will start again. Patience my friend!

Ok what on earth is happening???? 63412
Back to top Go down
soon to be Slinky

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 1:02 pm

Hello
I had my op 3 weeks ago today- and had the same- and am still stalled with actual weight loss on the scales- but just measured myself and have lost 44cm in 2 weeks- so you may not be showing it on the scales but that's not to say that you are not losing cm's..... have you measured yourself yet? Can you notice a change in how your clothes feel?
Don't panic- its very early days and it is a very new thing for our bodies to be coping with. You will lose weight I promise!
Back to top Go down
kazmac33
kazmac33

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 9:31 am

okay then how does it start again? Does this mean I have to be on liquids forever??? What did everyone do to start the weight loss again. I certainly cannot eat much less than I am now!!
Back to top Go down
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 5:10 am

I stalled at 2 weeks also. I know that it feels weird to lose so much initially and then seem to stop all of a sudden but u are not doing anything wrong and it is completely normal. You will be fine Ok what on earth is happening???? 314562
Back to top Go down
kiwichick

Female
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

I had surgery on June 20th and I haven't lost any weight since the week after surgery...... which is over a month Ok what on earth is happening???? 697586
Back to top Go down
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

Kazmac,

It is very normal from what I have been reading. My Doc said you should only weigh yourself every fortnight. I told him he was dreaming and we came to the conclusion that once a week on the anniversay of my opp would be a good idea.

Mind you sometimes I jump on the scales in between!!!

Lisa
Back to top Go down
killerbabe82
killerbabe82

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptySat 30 Jul 2011, 11:30 am

i had the same thing when i was about 2 weeks, call me if you need to chat:)
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptySat 30 Jul 2011, 6:23 am

You need to remember that the sleeve is permanent, and you have a year to lose most of your weight. It didn't go on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight. You have put your body through a big insult with surgery and it needs to recover. Just do what you're supposed to do re postop diet, gentle walking if you can, drink your water, get your protein in, and let the sleeve work.

And don't freak out week 2-3 when you lose NOTHING.. it happens to most people as our bodies adjust.

If it's driving you crazy, just weigh weekly.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptySat 30 Jul 2011, 4:20 am

You're not doing anything wrong. There will be platueas. It will start again. I promise!
Back to top Go down
kazmac33
kazmac33

Female

PostSubject: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? EmptyFri 29 Jul 2011, 11:49 pm

Hi All

Now I am worried. My weight has not changed for three days??? What am I doing wrong. I am not eating very much at all as still on liquid diet. No I have the irrational thoughts that I was only meant to lose 7kgs and no more.

Can anyone explain why this would be happening and what do I need to restart the weight loss????

Thanks

Karen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok what on earth is happening????   Ok what on earth is happening???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok what on earth is happening????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: