4 posters
AuthorMessage
Punky
Punky

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-11-28

Liquid to Puree Stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid to Puree Stage?   Liquid to Puree Stage? EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 10:03 am

Hi margd & Keza

Don't get me wrong I will be sticking to what I am comfortable with, my question was trying to understand the difference because it is obviously not cut and dry on what works for each individual, let alone the vast difference between 5 and 14 days going from liquid to puree.

Maybe it has to do with method of surgery, i.e. staple, suturing and gluing of the sleeve may mean the integrity allows you to proceed to puree earlier.

At the end of the day I will be following my Doctors advice.

Cheers

Peter Liquid to Puree Stage? 63412
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Liquid to Puree Stage?   Liquid to Puree Stage? EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 9:57 am

I was on liquids for 2 weeks, puree/mushies for 2 weeks and then soft foods for 2 weeks.

On the liquid stage, I was told the consistency was to be the thickness that could be sucked through a straw.
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Liquid to Puree Stage?   Liquid to Puree Stage? EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 9:46 am

Hi Punky

I was told to start puree day 5, and tried, but had trouble getting the consistency right for my tiny tum, so the dietician said go back to fluids/smoothies etc and then commence the puree when I felt ready. It worked for me, thank goodness as gagging aint fun! To be honest I think we are so damn scared to get it wrong we get a bit paranoid? Anyway, Im 3.5 weeks out now on puree and making the vegie blitzes a bit rougher now and enjoying it. I do mix a bit of gravy or cheesey sauce on chicken or fish to soften it up more, seems to slide down easier.. It's all try and see, we are all so different..Liquid to Puree Stage? 369315
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Liquid to Puree Stage?   Liquid to Puree Stage? EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 7:52 am

All doctors are different my doctor is very stricked i was no liquid for three days,then two weeks liquid,two weeks pureed,then two weeks soft food.Hopefully someone will know the answers.
Back to top Go down
Punky
Punky

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Liquid to Puree Stage?   Liquid to Puree Stage? EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 7:17 am

Can anyone shed any light on the difference between those that go on the puree stage after 5 days post op and those that have to wait 2 weeks? I am 4 days post-op and I am allowed to start the puree phase after day 5. I am a little concerned as this is quite a difference in practice between doctors.

Cheers

Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liquid to Puree Stage?   Liquid to Puree Stage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Liquid to Puree Stage?
Page 1 of 1