AuthorMessage
Ting Ting
Ting Ting

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2013-05-26

puree stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: puree stage   puree stage EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 1:26 pm

YUM!!  Chicken with cream and mayonnaise - I am trying that for sure when I get to that stage.  I've got one of those Nija thingies but haven't tried it yet.  Thanks for the tip hbleattler!!

Good luck at your dieticians appointment Rainbowclouds.
Back to top Go down
Rainbowclouds

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-05-20

puree stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: puree stage   puree stage EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 7:26 am

Thanks everyone,

I've gradually increasd from thin fluids to slightly thicker fluids as the weeks gone on. I see the dietician on Friday and see no reason why I cant start purees then, I think I could tolerate it now. My kenwood tri blade is so awesome, I can just chuck in and blend...was really hoping for some casserole blended soon though. I dont think I can do Opti much longer seems to make me feel quite queasy now and im not sure why...
Back to top Go down
hbleattler

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-06-02

puree stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: puree stage   puree stage EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013, 12:31 am

I was put on puree the third day after surgery. I think they moved me onto that pretty quick because when I had my first meal of clear liquids in the hospital I had no problems keeping anything down.

After a couple of days of puree and reading about so many others who were on liquid for up to two week after surgery I started to get paranoid so I reread all of my materials and emailed my nutritionist. They all confirmed that I was fine to be on puree. Once again, one of the many different ways in which our professionals approach this surgery and its recovery.

My favorite so far: pureed chicken with a bit of cream and mayonaise. I threw it all in the food processor and it came out delicious--plus its high in protein.
Back to top Go down
Ting Ting
Ting Ting

Female

puree stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: puree stage   puree stage EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 2:58 pm

I got paranoid over my last post to you so double-checked my post-op stuff. Seems I read through it a little too fast and got half of it right, sorry Rainbowclouds.

So, for me...

Day 2-14,
clear fluids, thin yogurt, thin custard, smooth soups, milk, milkshakes & smoothies, milky high protein nutritional supplements (Sustagen, Optifast), fruit juice, vege juice.

Weeks 3-4,
pureed/mushy food

I agree with RubyJay though. Definitely check with your dietician.
Back to top Go down
RubyJay
Part of the furniture
RubyJay

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2013-04-01

puree stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: puree stage   puree stage EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 2:45 pm

Hi Rainbowclouds,
The plan I was given is:
1 day clear fluids after swallow followed by 14 days clear fluids then 14 days soft/pureed foods.
Seems teams vary considerably on the plan but from what I have seen it is recommended you follow your teams plan. Can you call the dietician to check out?
Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Ting Ting
Ting Ting

Female

puree stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: puree stage   puree stage EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 1:52 pm

My sleeve date is 20/6 but my dietician has already given me a post-opplan that sees me eating very soft/pureed foods from about day 4 post-op. Her analogy is that the food - shakes, soup, custards, etc) should be able to go through a straw but DON't eat it with a straw as this will cause too much air intake.
Back to top Go down
Rainbowclouds

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-05-20

puree stage Empty
PostSubject: puree stage   puree stage EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 7:43 am

When did everyone start purees, im day 8 post op and wondering whether I should wait a few more days before blending up some foods? What did everyone else do? Im managing plenty of fluids now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

puree stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: puree stage   puree stage Empty

Back to top Go down

puree stage
Page 1 of 1