Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

One week post surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: One week post surgery   One week post surgery EmptySat 19 Jan 2013, 10:42 am

HI Funnyfatchick

Yes, from day five, but depends on what I feel like as a couple of days back I was having difficulties getting food down. Changed to sloppier mixes, less and more frequent serves, much better! It really has been trial and modify. I have always liked big meals so this whole deal is quite a shock to my habits.

I am having quite a bit of lactose free yogurt and custard and jelly which are pretty easy to slide down. Tonight I had pumpkin soup with some parma cheese and a bit of sour cream. Have found breaking the meals down even smaller really good and sipping (cant say drinking!) lots of water.

I made this incredible mango, little bit of banana, zymil milk,yogurt and sustagen (hospital formula for extra protein) smoothie today, had it for breakfast and a snack later in the day.

How are you doing today?
Back to top Go down
Funnyfatchick

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-19

PostSubject: Re: One week post surgery   One week post surgery EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 2:49 pm

Hi kezzza are u o. Purée already ? My surgeon have me a plan that doesn't involve purée till 4 weeks post op
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

PostSubject: One week post surgery   One week post surgery EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 11:49 am

Hi everyone
Just a week out now, got home Monday and taken is pretty easy since, although have had to work out quite a bit about foods, getting the blending right etc. Used to shoving food down and have to really slow down and enjoy and notice the full feeling after surgery.

Saw my lovely dietician today and found that reassuring - just to take things slowly with the liquid/smooth/purée process. My meals are now eight times per day rather than six. tonight I cooked prawn pasta with avocado for my husband, and myself had pureed prawns, garlic, veggies and some milky mash with parmasen cheese. It was awesome!! Two dessert spoons, small/tiny amounts and no discomfort after......it really is try and see and modify with my new tiny tum!

My wounds are healing well, super itchy.... Any ideas?
I am starting to notice some weight loss now and the super puffy face is reducing.

All the best to all January sleeves post and Pre op!!

Weight Pre surgery 97.6
Weight one week post 89.5

One week post surgery 542174
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One week post surgery   One week post surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

One week post surgery
Page 1 of 1