AuthorMessage
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery   Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery EmptySat 21 Jun 2014, 2:39 pm

If you are having any difficulty keeping fluids down, present yourself to emergency straight away.  Dehydration is very serious and especially in the first few weeks as it could mean there is something wrong e.g. a leak, a kink etc.  People have died and I almost did because I couldn't keep anything down 4wks after surgery but thought it was normal.  If I had left it another day, I would of been dead.

Rather to be safe then sorry!
Back to top Go down
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery   Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery EmptySat 21 Jun 2014, 3:58 am

Hi Maryann,

WonderWendy has given you some great advice I would just like to add that since you have so recently had surgery, your surgeon or his office would be the place to ring and ask for advice. The surgeon would want you to tell them if you are having any problems. Please ring them, if you have any further worries or feeling increased pain/temp please go to A & E as it is the weekend and your surgeon may be unavailable. Although my surgeon gave me his mobile number to contact him if necessary in the first few weeks.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery   Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery EmptySat 21 Jun 2014, 2:56 am

Hey Maryann,

I'm not sleeved so hopefully someone who is will respond soon, but in the meantime, I thought I would share my understanding in the hope that you can get some relief faster.

I have read that the pain around the chest area is usually related to the gas they "pump you up with" during the surgery and that this should dissipate with time. I'm pretty sure that I also read that moving around is supposed to help with that - maybe having a gentle walk every now and again will help.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Cheers,
Wendy :)
Back to top Go down
mpparsons

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-05-05

PostSubject: Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery   Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery EmptySat 21 Jun 2014, 2:33 am

hi
I am day 5 post sleeve gastrectomy and am suffering from a continual band of discomfit/pressure around my chest.
I just want to know is this normal and any hints to ease it.
Finding it very difficult to keep fluids up due to discomfit but am trying.

thanks
Maryann
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery   Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Chest Pain in week 1 post surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: