3 posters
AuthorMessage
cammy80
cammy80

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-11-11

Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville   Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville EmptyMon 12 Nov 2012, 9:51 pm

Hi Erin

Nice to meet a fellow Townsville girl on here :)

I am in the Mater with Dr Baker, I will have a lot of questions as I get closer I am sure of it!!!

Thank you for your support :)

Cheers Cammy
Back to top Go down
cammy80
cammy80

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville   Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville EmptyMon 12 Nov 2012, 9:49 pm

Hi doedoe

Yes, normally you are not overwieght being type 1 - usually it's those of us with the auto immune disease that are the overweight exception :) Lucky us hey. Yes my endo is hoping it will just be a bit of fiddling around because by going on the carb cut down/optislim increase much earlier it should be less of a jump down in insulin hopefully no lows involved :) Hardest thing will be fitting the right amount of carb:protien ratio with such a small tummy, but I will keep you updated, do you have a date yet?

Cammy :)
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville   Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville EmptyMon 12 Nov 2012, 9:49 am

hi there cammy

welcome to the board. cant help you with your particular situation but wanted to give you a big warm welcome. im a fellow Townsvillian and stayed at the Mater when i had my op done.

Any questions dont hesitate to ask as this place can answer almost anything if its not been answered already.

well wishes with your journey

regards

Erin
Back to top Go down
doedoe
Part of the furniture
doedoe

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2012-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville   Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville EmptyMon 12 Nov 2012, 7:41 am

Welcome Cammy,

Sorry I cannot help you as I haven't had the surgery yet, but thank goodnes, another Type 1 Diabetic. I also have a thyroid problem, partial removal many years ago, and I have been an insulin dependant Diabetic for about 45 years and also suffer from Lupus. That's all the auto immune things happening at once.

It may not be that unusual for a type 1 to be overweight, I have been for many years. Then again I may not be the best example.

It concerns me that I won't be getting enough food to work with the insulin, but I have been told by my endocronologist that it will take some fine tuning but things will be fine. Hope so!!!!

Good luck with the optislim, I guess I have this to look forward to also. 8 weeks OMG!!!!! But it does make sense for us tricky people.

I'd like to keep in touch with you seeing as though we seem to be the only Type 1's doing the sleeve.

Best of luck to you.

DoeDoe
Back to top Go down
cammy80
cammy80

Female

PostSubject: Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville   Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville EmptySun 11 Nov 2012, 1:55 pm

Hi there, I am a 32 year old mum of two. I have just chosen the sleeve and am scheduled for Surgery in late January 2013.

My husband and I took over twelve months to decide on the surgery option for my weight loss. I used to be quite thin until a few years after the birth of my son who is now 14. I developed Hashimotos an auto immune disease that killed off my thyroid (to put it nicely) and now it has damaged my pancreas so I am now a type 1 diabetic.. Because of this I am on orders to start slowly on the opti slim (YUCK) at least 8 weeks early to readjust my insulin as I go so it's not such a big change once I have the sleeve, It is apparently quite unusual to be an overweight type 1 diabetic but I am interested to talk to anyone else who is a type 1 who has had this surgery. The surgeon is telling me everything should be fine with my medical problems, but he admits he hasn't really had anyone with both my issues :( I am going through Dr Sam Baker in Townsville.

I am nervous, excited and scared - but I need to do this for my health and my family :)

Cheers and nice to meet you !! :)

javascript:emoticonp('Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville 355206')
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville   Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville Empty

Back to top Go down

Scared, nervous, excited - soon to be sleeved in Townsville
Page 1 of 1