12 posters
AuthorMessage
moovilous
moovilous

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Drain with a sleeve? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyWed 14 Nov 2012, 1:52 am

1 wk since op and thought id let you all know... no sleeve xo thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyWed 31 Oct 2012, 1:00 am

Had 1 drain in for a week post op..

Went home with it, didn't hurt.. surgeon took it out at my 1 week post op visit and didn't feel a thing.

win win.

Back to top Go down
band to sleeve bree
band to sleeve bree

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 10:43 am

Hi,
I had a drain and I wish I was like every one else but it hurt, I hated it! But after 2 days it came out :) feel so much better now :)
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptySat 27 Oct 2012, 9:14 am

I had a drain put in after my second surgery when I had a leak.

2 drains and I didn't feel anything when they were in. Just a pain in the arse when I has to get up & go to the toilet etc.

When they came out tho - holy hell.. The pain was awful. I thought I was going to kick the nurse in the face.

I had an iv in my neck though as well with rubber tubing down it, but that didn't hurt at all when it came out.. Just felt really strange.

As far as I'm aware my surgeon doesn't put drains in unless they're required.
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 11:16 am

My Dr doesn't normally put them in but I had one because of extra oozing. It was than changed to a bigger one after I went back to surgery. It didn't bother me except as a nurse I knew it was a big drain so was more worried about my bleeding again
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012, 9:48 pm

I had 4 drains in for a week with my last round of plastic surgery.

They are fine, you get used to them!
Back to top Go down
NormalNow
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012, 9:11 pm

I had one. It wasn't that big a deal. No issues when it was removed either.
Back to top Go down
Liesel
Liesel

Female
Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 1:54 am

I had a drain. My surgeon puts them in on all patients.

Once when a nurse emtipied the bag she re-sucked the drain too much and it hurt. Because of this the Dr said to cut it and just have a non-suction drain. This felt much better. But then the drain started disappearing !! lol . . I told one nurse who didn't believe me, she explained that it was stiched into place. I relaxed. Then the next day it was really short and I cried at a nurse who went and got the nurse in-charge who fixed it all up and it was fine :)

When I got it out I knew it would be gross and it was much longer than I expected. I just looked the other way. It didn't hurt but I could feel something slipping and moving inside me . . gross !! lol

But for me it was reassuring because I didn't have that fluid building up on the inside and it was clean so I knew everything was going well on the inside :D
Back to top Go down
http://itsjustmeliesel.blogspot.com.au/
clairedebear
Part of the furniture
clairedebear

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptySat 20 Oct 2012, 8:22 am

I had a drain in for all 4 days I was in hospital! While it was in I didn't even feel it (other than to be cautious of not stepping on or pulling the tube etc)... coming out was horrid for me. I had no idea how much tubing would actually be in me, so getting it out made me dry retch *but* i'm a massive wuss with stuff like that!! :) lol
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyFri 19 Oct 2012, 8:10 pm

No drain for me either,my doctor was Dr Taylor
Back to top Go down
moovilous
moovilous

Female

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyFri 19 Oct 2012, 12:35 pm

Awesome thanks ladies..
Back to top Go down
foxwa
foxwa

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyFri 19 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

I had a drain and my surgeon said he only puts a drain in if there is bleeding at the site. My friend was sleeved after me by the same surgeon and she did not have a drain. As far as I'm concerned it was not big deal. I didn't even feel the nurse take it out.
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyFri 19 Oct 2012, 12:24 pm

Hi!

No, not everyone does, my surgeon doesn't generally but some do no matter what. Just depends on who your surgeon is.

Sorry I can't help more, I didn't have one so I'm not sure how they feel, plenty have though and I'm sure they will be able to let you know in case you do have one.

All the best

Kas
Back to top Go down
moovilous
moovilous

Female

PostSubject: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? EmptyFri 19 Oct 2012, 12:14 pm

Does everyone have a drain in after sleeve op? Can anyone tell me what its like? Thanks Drain with a sleeve? 302927
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drain with a sleeve?   Drain with a sleeve? Empty

Back to top Go down

Drain with a sleeve?
Page 1 of 1