Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
chrissy1987
chrissy1987

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-07-29

Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 7:04 am

First topic message reminder :

H guys

I have had my sleeve now for 5 weeks. Last night I went home from work around 4pm and was fatiged.. and could hardley move ( this is not normal at all as i have a sit down office job). however around 6pm i got this very very bad pain on my right hand side. It wasnt in just one area at first but it covered the entire right hand side of my abdomin. the pain got sooo bad that i couldnt keep still. I couldnt find any position or any thing that would help. It got to the point where i was crying like a little baby from the pain and i got my hubby to take me to the medical centre at 9pm.. ( shocked by the lack of emphathy I was in so much pain and they made me wait 2 hours. Around 11 the general pain went down however i started feeling a sharp pain below my right side ribs. It hurt soo much that when the GP touched it i pushed his hand of me.

He wanted me to go to the hospital however when i went they said it was a 4 hour wait... so i left... The pain is still here today but not as bad as it was last night.

Also i have developed a huge rash all over my back and stomach which nothing has helped with so far.

Has anyone had these problems?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ozrick33
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Oct 2012, 3:40 am

Getting mine out in 2 weeks. The Upper GI surgeon was not surprised. He said it is a common "side effect" of rapid weight loss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Sep 2012, 7:58 am

Having my gallbladder out in four weeks 29th october,now i have to eat a low fat diet.

Last edited by margd on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 2:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 10:15 am

Jorose thats not so good,my mother in law lost one of her kidneys just days having my husband,she lived to a ripe old age,but its a different story if your other kidney is not working to good.I hope it all comes good for you,as having the sleeve can take a lot out of you.Take care
Back to top Go down
jorose

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Hiya Margd,, just starting mushy stuff, but starred to throw even fluids up ,, i may end up back in hospital as i only have one kidney and theats only working ay 30 per cent ,, but its just a hicup i hope ,, hugs to you xx    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

margd wrote:
Thats good,you need to rest as much as you can,are you still on fluids or mushy foods
Back to top Go down
kak1022
kak1022

Female
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:45 am

Hello, i had my gallbladder out in 2004. The triggers for my attacks were fatty foods i had it for months before they diagnosed it and it nearly always happened at night and last aboutt 6 - 8 hours. It was awful, the pain would start in the centre of my chest and went around to my back it felt as though an elephant was sitting on my chest, i tried buscopan, panadeine forte everything the only thing that helped was standing in a very hot shower i would stay in there until the hot water ran out then get out wait till it heated back up then got in again it was very exhausting.

I lost 17 kilos which i was down to 83kg (which is the lightest i have ever been as an adult) while i had it and then once i had it removed we decided to get pregnant then the weight came back on.

I hope this helps i would never wish this pain on my worst enemy.

Cheers Kristie
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2012, 7:41 am

Thats good,you need to rest as much as you can,are you still on fluids or mushy foods
Back to top Go down
jorose

Female

PostSubject: Hi Margd <still very tired ,, had both op,stogether as my consultant was as consultant in GS and GB < so seemed to make sence , GBhad stuck to my organs so op was along one ,,now sorting eating out , and trying to rest 1    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2012, 1:23 pm

margd wrote:
Hi jorose how are you feeling,i noticed your in the UK i am from there to.are you feeling ok after having both things done at once
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Sep 2012, 6:42 am

Hi jorose how are you feeling,i noticed your in the UK i am from there to.are you feeling ok after having both things done at once
Back to top Go down
jorose

Female

PostSubject: Had my gallbladder out at the sametime as the sleeve 10 days ago !    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Sep 2012, 9:59 pm

margd wrote:
I am six months out and i to have been suffering quite a bit of pain,i feel it worse if i eat any fatty type of foods,i see my surgeon in to weeks and he said i will have to have some tests just to check,but i am certain its gall stones as i had it before.Go get it checked out,you don't want it to get worse,my daughter in law got very sick with it because she kept putting it of.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2012, 11:19 am

I am six months out and i to have been suffering quite a bit of pain,i feel it worse if i eat any fatty type of foods,i see my surgeon in to weeks and he said i will have to have some tests just to check,but i am certain its gall stones as i had it before.Go get it checked out,you don't want it to get worse,my daughter in law got very sick with it because she kept putting it of.
Back to top Go down
juls77
juls77

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 11:19 am

Hi Chrissy,

Definatly Gallbladder. You need to go to A & E and get a ultrasound and bloods to confirm. Sometimes the attacks can come and go - usually changing position will help move the stone from cover / trying to go down the ducts. This usually results in being placed on the operations list and will get down in the next few months hopefully.

Sometimes the attack is acute - meaning sudden and stays or never quite relieved - this usually results in surgery start away.

It is quite common for people who do not eat regulary or have rapid weight loss - like the sleeve to get gallstones. And of course a high fat diet will cause them as well.

I have personally found high fat or diet soft drinks - I think the fake sugar - give me gallbladder issues.

Please dont muck around especially if acute as it can lead to pancreatitsis and that is a whole other more serious problem.

Try pain relief drugs, heat pack and change positions next time and see if that helps

I am not trying to scare you ok just want to answer your question honestly

I am actually having my gallbladder taken out at the same time as my sleeve next Wednesday.

Good luck Chrissy,
Back to top Go down
chrissy1987
chrissy1987

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 7:04 am

H guys

I have had my sleeve now for 5 weeks. Last night I went home from work around 4pm and was fatiged.. and could hardley move ( this is not normal at all as i have a sit down office job). however around 6pm i got this very very bad pain on my right hand side. It wasnt in just one area at first but it covered the entire right hand side of my abdomin. the pain got sooo bad that i couldnt keep still. I couldnt find any position or any thing that would help. It got to the point where i was crying like a little baby from the pain and i got my hubby to take me to the medical centre at 9pm.. ( shocked by the lack of emphathy I was in so much pain and they made me wait 2 hours. Around 11 the general pain went down however i started feeling a sharp pain below my right side ribs. It hurt soo much that when the GP touched it i pushed his hand of me.

He wanted me to go to the hospital however when i went they said it was a 4 hour wait... so i left... The pain is still here today but not as bad as it was last night.

Also i have developed a huge rash all over my back and stomach which nothing has helped with so far.

Has anyone had these problems?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gallbladder problems
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2