AuthorMessage
JustHayley
Part of the furniture
JustHayley

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Gallbladder problems  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 7:51 am

I was getting an attack about once a week and they were getting worse. Nothing in particular seemed to trigger them so it didn't matter what I avoided. I had a dull burn down my back constantly that was very annoying!

Hopefully all that is done and dusted!

Hayley
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 7:10 am

Thanks JustHayley.

I am hoping I can bring it forward a little as the surgeons office said I maybe high risk of blood clots to fly after. I have to call back on Tuesday so they can tell me how safe it is to fly after.

Were you very sick before you had the gallbladder out?
Back to top Go down
JustHayley
Part of the furniture
JustHayley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 6:59 am

Hi BellShell
I had my gallbladder out 3 days ago with not too much drama at all. The worst of it was the shoulder tip pain from the gas which was controlled with regular drugs. I was on my feet as soon as they wheeled me back into the ward (had to pee! lol) apart from being tender in the belly button area when I stood up all was good.

For me the day after was the worst but I just rested and kept the drugs up. 3 days later I feel fine, just tender and taking it easy. I'm straight back to work next week and wasn't given any restrictions on eating other than 'take it easy for a while'. I'm sure you'll be fine and your trip to Bali won't be a problem.

Good luck with your op!
Hayley
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013, 6:25 am

I have just been told today that I need to have my gallbladder out. I am worried about what I will be like after. Can anyone tell me how they have recovered?

Last week I paid for a trip to Bali that would be 4 weeks post op.
Back to top Go down
bestdecision

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 2:08 pm

Had gall bladder operation on 22nd November .. was recovering well... But woke up one morning and stretched and felt somewhat of a 'pop's .. now I am feeling more pain?

Anyone else experienced anything like this?
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyFri 02 Nov 2012, 4:34 am

Feeling a bit better today,the only part hurting is my belly button,especially getting up of a chair.Don't feel as tired today even though i did'nt sleep much last night.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyThu 01 Nov 2012, 5:16 am

Well i have to say not is bad as sleeve,but quite painful at belly button,my blood pressure went really low and was not allowed to take my meds for that,just been to doctor and its still low,have to go back and have it checked next week.Doctor did blood tests to.I am still very tired and if my belly button was'nt as sore to get up and down i'd be ok.I suppose everyone is different with ops,i got to get up to the toilet,but as soon as i got back they put those things on my legs for circulation,been a few little walks now as i hate being in bed.

There was a young girl in who had her spleen out,just before my op,the nurses wanted her up to go to toilet but she would'nt get up,so bed pan for her,next morning the doctor demanded the nurses get her up,when i left they still had no joy getting her up,and she was going home that day.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptySat 27 Oct 2012, 1:20 am

Rachelmary hope all goes well for wednesday at least we can talk about our op,all the best,where are you having yours done.Mine has been playing up quite bad,i think its making me suffer before it goes.
Back to top Go down
RachelMary
RachelMary

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyFri 26 Oct 2012, 9:27 am

I agree, thank you for putting our minds at ease. I am in on Wednesday to get mine out. Good luck Margd and all others going in as well. xxx
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012, 8:24 pm

Justjed glad to hear your home and doing ok. I get mine done on Monday can't wait to get it out.I think my surgeon said i would have four cuts,he would go into two of the sleeve cuts and two new ones.Just waiting on hospital to ring to let me know what time i have to be there on Monday.You have put my mind at ease :-)
Back to top Go down
JustHayley
Part of the furniture
JustHayley

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:23 am

Thanks for the info justjed, I'm another on the waiting list to get the GB out and was wanting to know how it compared to the sleeve op.

But in comparison to an attack I can imagine the op would be a walk in the park..

Good to hear you're home and doing well.

Hayley
Back to top Go down
justjed
justjed

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:18 am

Hi Everybody, Home from hospital, had my GB out yesterday and all i can say is what a relief!!!! my attacks were getting more severe and more frequent so I am sooo glad that its done with now I can tell ya :D Rachelmary don't be frightened I can honestly tell you this op is a walk in the park compared to the sleeve op. Over in half the time, up and about in no time at all and home from hospital the next day. I only have 2 stab sites on my tummy and 1 in my belly button (thats where my surgeon tool my GB out from) I am still a little bit tender and did have a little bit of shoulder tip pain last night but getting up and walking has helped with this heaps and now I am home I am only taking panadol every 4 hours :) compared to the pain of a gall bladder attack I would have this anyday.

All the best to everyone with their upcoming ops

cheers

Jed
Back to top Go down
SassyGrrl
SassyGrrl

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyThu 25 Oct 2012, 7:23 am

I feel your pain Rick. I cant wait to have my GB out too.

Dr Taylor is doing my GB and Sleeve at the same time (2nd Nov).

Ive only had 2 big attacks since August. Its more a constant dull ache (pressure). I think I'll realise just how painful it actually is once its gone.
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 8:40 pm

Personally I cannot wait to the surgery. If I knew how to do it myself I think I would be looking for a knife myself. Think I will be back at the GP today looking for some stronger pain meds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 8:32 pm

I am not looking forward to another op either. this one come monday will be my fourth,but it has to be done, i never thought i would be back in hospital this soon either.I tend to just go with the flow.
Back to top Go down
RachelMary
RachelMary

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 12:28 pm

By the way - sorry for the negativity, just been trying to be brave for other people and had a weak moment tonight.
Back to top Go down
RachelMary
RachelMary

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptyWed 24 Oct 2012, 12:27 pm

I have to have mine out. Seeing my surgeon in the morning and am scared! I won't have Mum over here to look after me after this op. I told my sister I was scared and she said "Why? It won't be anywhere near as bad as the sleeve" and dismissed it. So many things that scare me! Just because you have had one operation in your life doesn't mean you are now 'used to it'. If anything, it is worse as I now know the pain, that they paralyse you while you are under, the pain in the gut and the shoulders. I am scared about having another surgery so soon after my last one. I am scared of losing more hair. I am scared of everything! Urghk - and I don't even want to think about another drain! Or the disgusting food in hospital! (Vanilla sustagen - luke warm, clear beef broth and apple juice! I was hoping to never have to go through that again!)
Anyway, at least I am lighter than I was last time so hopefully recovery will be quicker...
Good luck with your ops ladies xxxxxxxxxx Gallbladder problems  217555
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 8:56 am

How were you after you had it out did it take you a while to recover.I'm looking forward to it coming out,just be glad when its done.
Back to top Go down
Purrfection
Purrfection

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2011-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 6:19 am

About 4-5 years ago I lost alot of weight after 3 months of Tony Ferguson shakes, and as a result suffered Gall Stones and had to have my Gall Bladder taken out. The attacks were the most painful experiences I have ever suffered. Far worse than child birth.
I can truely sympathise with anyone suffering from it.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 5:30 am

With me its anything that has fat in it,low fat icecream really sets it of.be glad to get mine out,all the best for your op justjed
Back to top Go down
justjed
justjed

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 5:02 am

Hi

Definately sounds like gallbladder to me, I'm having mine out next week, on the 24th. The pain of an attack can definately be excrutiating, mine seems to be triggered by fatty foods and anything with cheese in it. :)

cheers

Jed
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 4:51 am

Thats good Nepean private i live only ten minutes from there,i had been in to see Dr Taylor when he offered to do my gallbladder so it is quite a long drive for us,The Mater Hospital.
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptySat 20 Oct 2012, 8:22 pm

Dr Taylor did my sleeve. Mark Richardson is doing my gallbladder at Nepean private.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptySat 20 Oct 2012, 3:59 am

Hi were you sleeved by Dr Talyor that's who's doing my gallbladder on the 29th , what hospital are you having it done at .
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  EmptySat 20 Oct 2012, 3:40 am

Getting mine out in 2 weeks. The Upper GI surgeon was not surprised. He said it is a common "side effect" of rapid weight loss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gallbladder problems    Gallbladder problems  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gallbladder problems
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next